Panama Canal on the Zaandam

iluvcruzin

We were on a 14-day sailing of the Rotterdam for Christmas/New Year's last year and enjoyed it immensely. Our first P.C. experience (partial transit) and it was amazing; so glad we followed the recommendations of several CC'ers and did the domed car railway tour at this stop and the Torteguera Canal tour in beautiful Costa Rica. Aruba and Curacao are always nice ports and, of course, HMC was the icing on the cake. Would love to do it again.

Has anyone cruised with HAL on the Panama Canal (not the full transcanal)? The itnerary looks nice - goes to Aruba instead of the typical Western Carribean.

Yes, we did it on the 10 Panama Canal cruise on the Rotterdam last year. Great cruise.:)

Thanks for the replies. I was considering this cruise for 2006 and wanted to know if others had gone on this itenerary and enjoyed it. Any special shore excursions you have done would be of interest.

(sorry RevNeal - I still haven't decided on the Hawaii one yet).

Thanks for the replies. I was considering this cruise for 2006 and wanted to know if others had gone on this itenerary and enjoyed it. Any special shore excursions you have done would be of interest.

(sorry RevNeal - I still haven't decided on the Hawaii one yet).

No need to apologize! :) You would be touched in the head if you were not researching options to see what's available! Still ... why not do BOTH!? :) I would LOVE to do a partial transit of the Canal. Can't get Christopher to agree to go back this soon, though. "It's just a big ditch." GRRRRRRRR.

Greg---Todd & I did the partial on the Rotterdam a couple of yrs ago. We liked it so much that we are signed up the go on the Zaandam April 4, 2006. Todd just loved the way the ship goes through the locks. It's interesting but more interesting to men I think. We took the Train Ride also and highly recommend it. Penny

We also seriously thinking of doing the 10-day Panama canal cruise next January. HAL is a bit pricy for a room with a balcony but we do like the ports of call. Is it true that the passengers tend to be a bit older(40s-50s) with fewer families on their ships?

Archived