Anthem: Home port?

Personally I am hoping the home port is Chicago. I'm sick of flying everywhere to cruise. ;-)

I would go for that, I don't know, but you might get into a East Great Lakes vs West Great Lakes Itinerary debate, but maybe she could alternate. I don't know about the size of the ships that can navigate the St Clair river to get from Lake Huron to Lake Erie. Growing up on Lake Erie I know its the shallowest of the Great Lakes so there is that factor. I won't even get into the capability of getting through the locks between Lake Ontario and Erie and up the St Lawrence River because I know he is kidding people!

I would go for that, I don't know, but you might get into a East Great Lakes vs West Great Lakes Itinerary debate, but maybe she could alternate. I don't know about the size of the ships that can navigate the St Clair river to get from Lake Huron to Lake Erie. Growing up on Lake Erie I know its the shallowest of the Great Lakes so there is that factor. I won't even get into the capability of getting through the locks between Lake Ontario and Erie and up the St Lawrence River because I know he is kidding people!

Huron to Erie is easy- it's the getting TO the lakes that's the hard part.

I looked it up, once, wondering how wide the St. Lawerence and Soo locks are, and there are some decent sized ships availabe that will fit. Not huge, but decent.

Great Lakes Cruise lines is my hometown, so I hope I can do it someday.

but that recent Derecho storm... well, if a ship was in Chicago, where would it go? Yea, maybe passenger cruises are not as awesome an idea as I think.

Alas, the Anthem.... We can at least cross off Baltimore and Tampa- that will never happen. And with the size, it seems to be a safe bet for now that we are talking Atlantic side of the world. The question is- does it make sense to have the ship in a permanent home? And if so does it then make sense to be Europe? If question one is "yes", I don't think it would be a stretch to consider JUST the Med ports to be likely for Europe.

Barcelona, perhaps.

More likely would be Port Canaveral, since it has the port already in place.

If it's a mobile port home, well, who knows. Lots of choices for Europe + PC, Miami, New Orleans, and even Miami.

I'm hoping Oasis III goes to PC and Anthem to Miami. It's been a long time since I've sailed out of Miami and I love the sail away there.

Then maybe Freedom to Galveston! Although since they are adding a flow rider to Navigator, maybe not.

Maybe part time in Miami and summer in Europe?

Personally I am hoping the home port is Chicago. I'm sick of flying everywhere to cruise. ;-)

Yep that is where it will be! It will be docked at Navy Pier! Ports will be Gary, In.

Mackinaw Mi., Green Bay Wi. & Milwaukee Wi.. They will have loungers on all balconies during the months of Dec., Jan., & Feb..

; )

I would like to see Anthem go to Port Canaveral. That probably wont happen though so my second hope would be Anthem to FLL and Oasis or Allure to Port Canaveral.

Yes please! That way I wouldn't have to figure out the logistics of getting from the Universal/Walt Disney resort areas down to Fort Lauderdale to catch the allure like I'm doing right now lol.

I'm hoping Oasis III goes to PC and Anthem to Miami. It's been a long time since I've sailed out of Miami and I love the sail away there.

Then maybe Freedom to Galveston! Although since they are adding a flow rider to Navigator, maybe not.

Maybe part time in Miami and summer in Europe?

I thought the rumor was Oasis III to Hong Kong.

Yep that is where it will be! It will be docked at Navy Pier! Ports will be Gary, In.

Mackinaw Mi., Green Bay Wi. & Milwaukee Wi.. They will have loungers on all balconies during the months of Dec., Jan., & Feb..

; )

Hey...you forgot Mackinac Island...

I heard it would be based in Bayonne like Quantum. The Quantum would do a Northern itinerary and the Anthem would do a Southern. Quantum is supposed to go to Portland, Maine.

Portland? I am not sure we have enough people living up there to support Quantum :). I think they should blow up Key Bridge and bring of those bad boys down to Baltimore :).

Archived