23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

Great job, everyone! Peggy, losing 7 lbs since the end of the cruise is awesome! Pat, only gaining 3 lbs is a job well done in my book. I've had a very difficult week, it seems. I gained 4.8 lbs this week. UGH! I got in 3 different exercise sessions, but I had a problem with craving pure sugar. David's birthday was yesterday, and his present from me was a dinner party with his favorite foods. Well, that happens to be using recipes from the 1950's that are in NO WAY healthy! "Spaghetti Amore Casserole" was his favorite casserole growing up, and that recipe has 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 can of tomato soup and 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese added to the ground meat and spaghetti. Talk about sodium overkill! Then there were the canned peas... more sodium. I had 3 glasses of white wine... homemade chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream. That meal alone was probably 2 days worth of calories on my plan. So I deserve every pound I gained. I am determined to get back on program today and not waiver (with me, one little bite DOES hurt). We are going up to Dallas Wednesday through Saturday and I'll be visiting my sister, aka The Dessert Queen. So I am concerned about staying true to my healthy eating program...and Thanksgiving soon after that. I'm in crisis mode... Lots of reading to do. It helps keep me on track. Here's to a strong week ahead. I WILL do better this week. Game on.

Everyone did such a great job this week....way to go friends!

Well, the bad news for me is that I gained 3 lbs this week while on the Breakaway. The good news is that I didn't have nearly the water retention that I had while in Hawaii...possibly the humidity did factor in, altho that was a longer cruise as well.

I do have the say that the food on this cruise was amazing. Usually we only go to one (maybe two?) specialty restaurants. We only went to Tuscan Grill while on Solstice. On this cruise, my friend and I wanted to try as much as possible! We had the Brazilian steakhouse (with amazing salad bar!), Japanese (hibachi style), Cirque Dinner show, Italian, and also Gregary Zecharian's Ocean Blue Seafood. Wow! All were wonderful (Italian was so-so) and the portions seemed huge. I can't say enough about Ocean Blue....the sea bass was out of this world. The Japanese restaurant, Teppenyaki, was delicious and chef very entertaining! Also, I indulged in more foo-foo drinks this time around having my share of Chocolate Martinis and Wickedtinis....yes, you read right...we were part of the official Wicked cruise group and we had Apple Martinis colored green! Lots of fun....the Wicked activities are a whole other story and was beyond my expectations!

So it is back to reality for me! Three weeks to Thanksgiving, so I need to lose this gain before then. We'll definately have to support each other during these upcoming Holidays!

Pat :)

Sounds like a wonderful cruise, I enjoyed our cruise on NCL and love their freestyle approach. I am sure you will get into it and lose some of that gain easily.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Great job, everyone! Peggy, losing 7 lbs since the end of the cruise is awesome! Pat, only gaining 3 lbs is a job well done in my book. I've had a very difficult week, it seems. I gained 4.8 lbs this week. UGH! I got in 3 different exercise sessions, but I had a problem with craving pure sugar. David's birthday was yesterday, and his present from me was a dinner party with his favorite foods. Well, that happens to be using recipes from the 1950's that are in NO WAY healthy! "Spaghetti Amore Casserole" was his favorite casserole growing up, and that recipe has 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 can of tomato soup and 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese added to the ground meat and spaghetti. Talk about sodium overkill! Then there were the canned peas... more sodium. I had 3 glasses of white wine... homemade chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream. That meal alone was probably 2 days worth of calories on my plan. So I deserve every pound I gained. I am determined to get back on program today and not waiver (with me, one little bite DOES hurt). We are going up to Dallas Wednesday through Saturday and I'll be visiting my sister, aka The Dessert Queen. So I am concerned about staying true to my healthy eating program...and Thanksgiving soon after that. I'm in crisis mode... Lots of reading to do. It helps keep me on track. Here's to a strong week ahead. I WILL do better this week. Game on.

I am sure you will do well this week and I know you will be strong and resist all the temptations. Good luck but I know you do not need it.:D

Mic, when are you and Rosie cruising again, and where?

Marsha

We cruise again 2 February 2014 to Antarctica (out of Buenos Aries, Argentina). We are then touring South America from east to west taking in Rio, Iguazzo falls, Machu Pichu, Cuzco, etc, and then we also have a Galapogos cruise for 4 days 5 March 2014.

We need to get in shape fast as it is only 11 weeks away.:D

We cruise again 2 February 2014 to Antarctica (out of Buenos Aries, Argentina). We are then touring South America from east to west taking in Rio, Iguazzo falls, Machu Pichu, Cuzco, etc, and then we also have a Galapogos cruise for 4 days 5 March 2014.

We need to get in shape fast as it is only 11 weeks away.:D

Oh my Gosh! Those are some fabulous itineraries! Antarctica is on my bucket list. I really want to hear all about that trip. But 11 weeks will go by at warp speed. It'll be here before you know it. I'm sure you'll stay focused and shed those vacation pounds quickly.

Oh my Gosh! Those are some fabulous itineraries! Antarctica is on my bucket list. I really want to hear all about that trip. But 11 weeks will go by at warp speed. It'll be here before you know it. I'm sure you'll stay focused and shed those vacation pounds quickly.

Heres hoping.:D

Good morning everyone. Well since the cruise, I had put on 14 pounds, some on the cruise and then some after. I needed to gain a bit, but not that much. It went right to my belly to the extent that my pants were barely fitting so I got really bummed about it. 3 days ago I started a cleanse and cut out all carbs & starches and went to a lower calorie diet and added in 30 minutes on the bike each day and I'm thrilled to report I have lost 8 pounds in 3 days! Feeling much better in my pants for sure. Now to keep up the exercise and get toning!

Good morning everyone. Well since the cruise, I had put on 14 pounds, some on the cruise and then some after. I needed to gain a bit, but not that much. It went right to my belly to the extent that my pants were barely fitting so I got really bummed about it. 3 days ago I started a cleanse and cut out all carbs & starches and went to a lower calorie diet and added in 30 minutes on the bike each day and I'm thrilled to report I have lost 8 pounds in 3 days! Feeling much better in my pants for sure. Now to keep up the exercise and get toning!

Good work and I am so glad you are feeling good in your pants again.;):D

Edited by MicCanberra

That's amazing work! The hardest part to get into is the consistent exercise; but I feel that is the most useful and important. Keep it up, Deanna! Pedal away.

One week post most recent cruise brings me back down 4 lbs. The usual water weight loss, plus wasn't feeling too well the last couple of days. All the crazy weather changes I guess....major nose and chest congestion. Today it is storming and 60's in Chicago....tomorrow, it's supposed to be back down in the 30's!

Hope everyone had a successful week!

One week post most recent cruise brings me back down 4 lbs. The usual water weight loss, plus wasn't feeling too well the last couple of days. All the crazy weather changes I guess....major nose and chest congestion. Today it is storming and 60's in Chicago....tomorrow, it's supposed to be back down in the 30's!

Hope everyone had a successful week!

Good news for your loss, but not that you are not well. I hope you feel better soon.:)

I had a reasonable week, I was hoping for more as I was extremely disciplined this week but managed to lose 0.6 kgs (1.3lbs). I don't mind as long as it keeps coming off each week.:D

official weigh in day: I'm down 2.8 lbs for the week. I was hoping for more, but we had a trip up to Dallas for 4 days...eating out and celebrating family birthdays. Exercise program suffered the most, I guess. On to the next week! Good work, everybody.

I'm down a total of 11 pounds and at my goal weight. I've been on the bike for 30 minutes each day for the past 7 days which I am very proud of, now I have to add in some crunches and arm weights starting this week sigh. I hate exercise. :p

Well done, keep it up. I hate exercise as well but I love to go on walks and play lots of soccer. It is all about attitude.:D

official weigh in day: I'm down 2.8 lbs for the week. I was hoping for more, but we had a trip up to Dallas for 4 days...eating out and celebrating family birthdays. Exercise program suffered the most, I guess. On to the next week! Good work, everybody.

Well done, 2.8 in half a week is a great effort. I was hoping for that sort of result but hey, at least it is still coming off.:D

I have dropped another 0.5 kgs, giving me a total loss of 5.2 kgs (of the 8.2 that I put on). This is in basically 4 1/2 weeks since we returned, so I am stoked. Hopefully I can keep it coming off and lose the rest (even with Xmas) over the next 8 weeks.:D

Keep up the good work Mic. I continued to gain after I got back and was up a total of 12 pounds and have lost 11 of those. I was really good about exercising on the bike daily last week but fell off the wagon on the weekend and did nothing. I actually had 2 naps yesterday lol. Making buffalo chicken wraps and Caesar salad for dinner tonight yummy!

Bah...I got the teeter-totter thing going on here....gained back 2 lbs this week. It's scary for me going into these Holidays. I am hosting two major family dinners, so lots of cooking/baking will be going on.....Dangerous!

Great Job Mic and Deanna (please tell me if I have your name wrong..:o).....BTW, your choice of dinner sounds really yummy!

Keep up the good work Mic. I continued to gain after I got back and was up a total of 12 pounds and have lost 11 of those. I was really good about exercising on the bike daily last week but fell off the wagon on the weekend and did nothing. I actually had 2 naps yesterday lol. Making buffalo chicken wraps and Caesar salad for dinner tonight yummy!

Good work, we had grilled Salmon fillet on a bed of salad for dinner.:D

Bah...I got the teeter-totter thing going on here....gained back 2 lbs this week. It's scary for me going into these Holidays. I am hosting two major family dinners, so lots of cooking/baking will be going on.....Dangerous!

Great Job Mic and Deanna (please tell me if I have your name wrong..:o).....BTW, your choice of dinner sounds really yummy!

Remember to be disciplined but do deny yourself either, just have a little taste. When you deny yourself, it only leads to a breakdown in resistance and then guilt for having broken. Keep up the good work.:D

I managed to lose .8 lbs this week. I managed to get in 4 one hour workouts that I feel good about. This will be a difficult week; Shopping for groceries tomorrow and beginning cooking for Thanksgiving on Thursday. There will be 16 of us here for Thanksgiving dinner... 10 of whom are staying here at the house with us Wednesday through Sunday. That's a lot of breakfasts, lunches and dinners to prepare. Maybe I'll be so busy cooking, serving and cleaning up I'll burn up all the extra calories that will be bouncing around here :-) Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! Be safe this week.