Timing of laundry question

isutru

Sailing on Eurodam June 30 from Copenhagen, with sea day on first full day followed by Tallinn then 2 days in St Petersburg. We are spending a week in Europe prior to cruise. When can we give our laundry to HAL and when do you suppose we will get back that first load?

We had spent 3 full days in Boston prior to our last cruise so we had a fair amount of laundry. On embarkation day, we asked the steward for 2 bags, filled them up and completed the form, had it ready by the time they came to set up the cabin for the evening. Next afternoon the laundry was fresh, clean, and hanging in our cabin or folded in its little wickers basket. A 24 hr turn around seems standard. :)

I agree about cruises in Europe having lots of folks who board with loads of laundry. They have been away from home for days prior to boarding. It can take a day longer than usual to get all that laundry returned. Plan on two days return time but likely it will be returned faster.

We always spend at least two days pre-cruise in embarkation city and always send out a bag of laundry first night aboard if not then early the next morning. HAL does a good job with the laundry IMO

I just returned from the cruise you are about to take (you will have a great time on the Eurodam!) We too spent a full week ahead of the cruise in Paris and Copenhagen and then 5 days in London before we returned. So I had my laundry ready to go the first morning of the cruise (the sea day) and got it back by that afternoon. I was really surprised. Then I sent a second load one of the days we were in St Petersburg to cover us for the remainder of our trip and got that back the next morning. Everything turned our great. My husband was impressed at how they folded his socks in a wicker basket (I told him not to get used to it) We used the "bag" the first time. The second time we didn't have enough to total the cost of the bag so just paid per piece. It is a great service.

We just got back from Alaska on the Oosterdam. We purchased the unlimited laundry package and handed in our first load on the first day (we spent several days in Seattle before the cruise). We received the clean clothes 24 hours later. Same with the subsequent bags.

We stayed in a suite on the Westerday in Alaska last year, and therefore had unlimited laundry included (this time we purchased the package for $49). Last year we also received our clothing 24 hours later.

My husband was impressed at how they folded his socks in a wicker basket (I told him not to get used to it)

LOL... They fold the undies so nice too. I told my poor husband the same thing. Not happening. :rolleyes:

I have wondered though if I checked "starch" if they would starch our unmentionables too. Can't imagine that would be pleasant but it would be hilarious... just once (my sense of humor has always had a deep and wide odd streak, my husband is a patient man) :p :eek:

My approach is to send off one bag a day, every day. By doing so I know I have enough clothing in case it takes two or three days. And if the load goes missing, it is just a smaller amount of items than all my dress shirts MIA.

Same day service is available for an additional fee. Just check the Express Box on the laundry form.

24 hours is the norm, they promise 48 with the unlimited package, but it is usually back in 24.

Archived