Captain's Circle Number

runnerodb83

While looking through my wife's and daughter's numbers as I was booking a cruise the other day as well as some friends, I noticed mine was the only one that included a letter in the "number". Does anyone else's captains circle number end with a letter?

My husband's did but mine didn't. They said it was an old number, likely ported over from Carnival, but oddly enough we have only ever taken the exact same cruises, with the exception of one RCCL for me 20 years ago. I think what happened was when I booked our first Princess cruise last year they gave me a new Princess number, but no one ever gave him one. Then when I booked this cruise it showed me as Gold and him as Blue with Princess. The Circle Host or whatever they call them just helped me out and now we both have the "new" style numbers without letters, and we are both Gold.

Mine originally had a C on it when I was booked with my parents on my first couple of cruises, but eventually I had to get my record transferred to a different number, which has an A at the front. My GF, who just went on her first cruise last month, has no letter in her number.

I was the first in the family to cruise Princess so just had numbers. When my son sailed a few years later, they gave him 'A' and me 'B'. A little strange putting him first because he's a man. My second son was 'C' and my hubby finally came with me and got 'F'. Princess had assigned 'D' & 'E' to someone else with the same last name but not part of our family. As long as I can get on the ship, I'm okay.:)

My husband and I have the same number with A and B at the end.

Our kids have C, D, and E.

They were all under 18 when we sailed with them so they always showed as blue but I certainly hope they retained their numbers because they have enough cruises to be platinum (when their kids get older and they can afford to cruise again ;) ) .

I am not sure of my number, but on our booking it lists our status as blue, but I don't see that as a level. What does that mean? We've never actually sailed Princess, but have two prior sailings on Carnival. I honestly was surprised when the Princess rep found our number in their system when I booked.

I am not sure of my number, but on our booking it lists our status as blue, but I don't see that as a level. What does that mean? We've never actually sailed Princess, but have two prior sailings on Carnival. I honestly was surprised when the Princess rep found our number in their system when I booked.

The Blue status means that it is your first cruise on Princess. At the end of the cruise, you will move to the Gold level. For details, read about the Captain's Circle on Princess.com

Archived