Royal cabin/balcony photo's

rtlk

We recently stayed in D407 that has an angled balcony. I measured the balcony at 54 sq. ft Here are some marginal quality pictures of our balcony. Real tough trying to get the entire picture of the balcony.

Hope they are of some help. Bottom line we had plenty of room to sit or stand.

Be glad to answer any questions.

Maybe someone can tell me how to post full pictures rather then thumbnails.

Cabin.pdf

P1000394.jpg.cc4582cfbc5e42dcfd41e98af71166b1.jpg

P1000396.jpg.8069d2a0e228c618a670dfdd3d2ce727.jpg

P1000397.jpg.e4c673a834aaea091eb6485dd4fe7eb7.jpg

We recently stayed in D407 that has an angled balcony. I measured the balcony at 54 sq. ft Here are some marginal quality pictures of our balcony. Real tough trying to get the entire picture of the balcony.

I just learned how do do it so hopefully I can pass on the info.

You right click on the photo , then you click on "view image info", then you copy "image location", then you click on the little yellow icon of a mountain above this "reply" box, then you paste the image info in there.

I've done that with your first photo so let's see if it works.

I just checked and maybe because I copied a thumbnail that's all I got.

Try it with your full size copy.

attachment.php?attachmentid=279728&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1374380324

The thumbnails were nice and greatly appreciated. I will have a mini suite with an angled balcony on the "B" deck, Baja. I feel so much better now. All the negative comments had worn me down to expect a windowsill for a balcony. Your post has made my day! Thanks.

Any photos' or video's of the accessible cabins?

I've only seen two pictures of an HC accessible cabin and they were of an Inside Stateroom. These were taken and posted by Peter Knego on Maritime Matters a couple of weeks ago with some minor detail descriptions:

"Inside Handicap Access staterooms are 240-square-feet to accommodate wheelchairs and have wider doors and no sills. There are handicap access staterooms in all categories of accommodation." "Handicap Access bathrooms have wide doors, a roll-in shower and modified controls."

royalprincess-interiorhandicap-copy.jpg

royalprincess-interiorhandicaploo-copy.jpg

Our travel friends are in the cabin next to ours. I just realized that while their cabin will allow 3 people, it connects to the one next door (not ours). Will they be missing an important piece of furniture because of the connecting door? They booked the deluxe balcony because they liked the sofa they had on the Pacific Princess last year.

Carole, that balcony looks far too small to take a wheelchair, and the ramp looks a bit steep for anyone who has limited walking ability.

The bathroom now has a drop down rail on the open side which is an improvement on the Grand class, but otherwise the cabin looks very similar.

Thanks for the very clear photo's. Balcony is disappointing at best, what were they thinking? If this ship or other in its new class were only going to cruise cold climates then maybe, but when this heads to warmer area's or the world the balcony issue will be a problem. And not the folks in this cabin in wheelchairs are paying for a balcony they can not use. Very poor design :(:confused:for a ship that had such good possibilities!

We sailed on the 29th July cruise, Venice to Barcelona. I was surprised at how much bigger it felt than the standard balconies & we used it more than on previous cruises. My only disappointment was that we didn't have the footstools & I never thought of asking if it was possible to have any.

Ourcabinbalcony.jpg

I managed to nab a photo of next doors balcony, D425, that is why I have pointed that one as well.

1st though, here's our balcony

P7300199.jpg

rightside.jpg

Leftbalconyboundry.jpg

Looking forward around the partition

P7300201-Copy.jpg

Looking aft

P7300200-Copy.jpg

Sneeked photo taken over the top of our partition

D425.jpg

Thanks for posting all the photos. We are a couple of cabins forward and a couple of decks up in October (B423).

I was wondering if you had any problems with the Seawalk up above. I know some early posts about the Royal raised concerns about privacy, but that seems to have died down.

Jack