Bourbon?

Thinking about going on the Breeze in August. I'm looking for a bar menu but am having a hard time finding one. Anyone know what kind of bourbon they carry? Thanks so much.

Royal carries Baker's, Basil Hayden's, Blanton's Single Barrel, Booker's, Knob Creek, and Maker's Mark.

Obviously I have had one too many tonight! Ha ha We are actually looking at both ships...I think we will be leaning towards the RC cause we like the Knob Creek! Is that sad we pick a ship based on what bourbon they carry?

Obviously I have had one too many tonight! Ha ha We are actually looking at both ships...I think we will be leaning towards the RC cause we like the Knob Creek! Is that sad we pick a ship based on what bourbon they carry?

I hope they have it in stock when you cruise!;)

Don't really care for the Woodford Reserve, Bookers is my favorite! What's yours?

Actually, Blanton's ranks right up there. We got a bottle of it as part of our "sweep" of the local liquor store (we are trying to find our fav)- we really like it a lot. I will do Bookers this coming week.

Beyond that, Eagle Rare is a bottle I plan on repeating.

I really wish that there was a Rum of similar quality to the Blanton's on board- we'd get that, too. The Bacardi top and the Pyrat is quite good, but there are so many superior rums out there- all we've found at various ports. Being that they sail in the heart of rum ocean, it sure seems as if they should get that.

Sorry about the distraction.

As for bringing it on board- I would not- between the risk and the simple problem that I don't drink *that* much does not make it worth it. Finishing the night at a nice bar is just fine over drinking on my own in my room.

Not Bourbon, Jack is Tennesee Whisky.

Yes it is - it meets all the gov't requirements to be a Bourbon. A Bourbon can be made in any state in the Union as long as it contains at least 51% corn in the mashbill and is aged at least 3 years in a new charred White Oak barrel. "Tenesee Whiskey" is purely a marketing device to seperate Jack & Dickel from other Bourbons...

Yes it is - it meets all the gov't requirements to be a Bourbon. A Bourbon can be made in any state in the Union as long as it contains at least 51% corn in the mashbill and is aged at least 3 years in a new charred White Oak barrel. "Tenesee Whiskey" is purely a marketing device to seperate Jack & Dickel from other Bourbons...

thems fighting words in KY..

Don't really care for the Woodford Reserve, Bookers is my favorite! What's yours?

Booker's is the best of the best at 125-127 proof and tasty to boot. Went to a tasting years ago that Booker Noe presided over and he insisted to get the best flavor you needed to open it up with a dash of branch water. I make small ice cubes from Evian and add one or two.

Problem is, Jack is aged in sugar maple barrels. It's not a bourbon - even the people at JD's say it's not.

To be a bourbon you may NOT have any additives, ie caramel coloring/flavoring. This is ONE of the reasons JD is not bourbon.

All bourbon is whiskey, not all whiskey is bourbon. Anyone a Four Roses drinker?

We have had success with the 50ml bottles. We usually put about 20 or30 in our checked bags. Just sprinkled around in ziplock baggies of 4 or 5. My sister just bought and used these things called sham boozies (not sure about spelling) she said they are wonderful. She used them on a resent Carnival and had no issues. Good luck!

Archived