Have a question about Stateroom attendant?

Our stateroom attendant, Rolando, on the IOS was amazing! He really looked after us and left us towel animals most nights :) On one he took time to even turn the tv around and switch it on a channel for the towel animal to watch, which was very sweet of him! One night we asked him for a needle and thread and he appeared with a little sewing kit the next morning :) We were on the 6night Norway cruise, (26th May 2013 - 1st June 2013) And we met him as we came back from the muster drill, he introduced himself and told us about the cards we need to put out if we want the room made up.

I was wondering if there is a way to tell the company about this as he was a really good stateroom attendant. I have heard others say that sometimes if you mention them they get time off work and other various advantages? We wrote his name on the survey paper but we are not sure if he would have known we did this or not? Is there someone to email about it?

Has anyone else ever had Rolando, on the Independence of the seas? Also, our dining room servers were very good, special mention to Marie and Delmas!

Our stateroom attendant, Rolando, on the IOS was amazing! He really looked after us and left us towel animals most nights :) On one he took time to even turn the tv around and switch it on a channel for the towel animal to watch, which was very sweet of him! One night we asked him for a needle and thread and he appeared with a little sewing kit the next morning :) We were on the 6night Norway cruise, (26th May 2013 - 1st June 2013) And we met him as we came back from the muster drill, he introduced himself and told us about the cards we need to put out if we want the room made up.

I was wondering if there is a way to tell the company about this as he was a really good stateroom attendant. I have heard others say that sometimes if you mention them they get time off work and other various advantages? We wrote his name on the survey paper but we are not sure if he would have known we did this or not? Is there someone to email about it?

Has anyone else ever had Rolando, on the Independence of the seas? Also, our dining room servers were very good, special mention to Marie and Delmas!

You are correct - Please put in writing to

crownandanchor@rccl.com;,

with copy to: "Adam Goldstein - CEO Royal Caribbean" AGoldstein@rccl.com

They are rewarded and your message will be sent to the ship for a public recognition and commendation by a senior officer .

Did you also use your WOW card? - If you did not receive them at check-in, ask for the 3 WOW Cards next time - They are treasured by the Crew

I am so glad you asked this as we were on IOTS recently and had a wonderful attendant as well and I also want to write to give him recognition, also the waiter and manager of Giovanni's Table who were superb so I will make a note of the email address and do a letter as I really hope they will be recognised for excellent service :)

I am so glad you asked this as we were on IOTS recently and had a wonderful attendant as well and I also want to write to give him recognition, also the waiter and manager of Giovanni's Table who were superb so I will make a note of the email address and do a letter as I really hope they will be recognised for excellent service :)

Crown & Anchor will give you feedback and thanks for taking the time to write.

It greatly assists their future employment and promotion prospects with RCCL Group.

You are kind people to do this! The Staff will appreciate it!

I guess i'll sound mean but.. I get this kind of service on every cruise I did on RCCL.

Great - and I hope you gave appropriate kudos to your attendants. It means a lot to them.

You are correct - Please put in writing to

crownandanchor@rccl.com;,

with copy to: "Adam Goldstein - CEO Royal Caribbean" AGoldstein@rccl.com

They are rewarded and your message will be sent to the ship for a public recognition and commendation by a senior officer .

Did you also use your WOW card? - If you did not receive them at check-in, ask for the 3 WOW Cards next time - They are treasured by the Crew

Thank you for this :)

I guess i'll sound mean but.. I get this kind of service on every cruise I did on RCCL.

I understand this could be the same case with lots of other people, but I was just wondering if there was a way to reward his extremely hard work :)

Any comments you write on your customer satisfaction form delivered to your cabin on the last night go straight to Miami.

Here they are read and then any comments made come back to the Captain of the ship concerned.

They really do take notice of them as we have found out on more than one occasion.

Email AGoldstein@rccl.com directly. He is "the man" who wants to know. He will forward your letter to the ship's HD with his own comments. Comments from Mr. Goldstein do a lot for the crew as far as promotions.

I live in Liverpool, England. I took the advice given here about sending an email. So imagine my surprise when on Monday I see 'Miami, Florida' calling my phone and answer to Mr Adam Goldstein himself! He was so thankful for my email about the positive experience we had on board. It was a very special cruise for us as we were married onboard! It made my day! :D

I live in Liverpool, England. I took the advice given here about sending an email. So imagine my surprise when on Monday I see 'Miami, Florida' calling my phone and answer to Mr Adam Goldstein himself! He was so thankful for my email about the positive experience we had on board. It was a very special cruise for us as we were married onboard! It made my day! :D

That's great. Well done :-)

How wonderful! Great to see Mr. Goldstein not only read your email but responded personally.

He is certainly an asset to Rotal Caribbean.

Wishing you and your husband a lifetime of happiness!

A month ago, I emailed Adam Goldstein about our stateroom attendant on the Jewel. They are always wonderful, but he was just exceptional. He got a WOW card, extra $$ and an email from us to Corporate.

We got an email thanking us for our kind comments. ....okay, nice that they acknowledged our email. Then, two weeks later, a phone call from Goldsteins office apologizing for taking so long to get back to us. Telling us that they really did appreciate my taking the time to send the email. She said the HD will receive a copy and Anderson will get acknowledged. I also said (in the email) that I'd like him for our steward on our next Jewel sailing in September (knowing it probably wouldn't happen). She said they would try!

You know, RCI really does deliver!

A month ago, I emailed Adam Goldstein about our stateroom attendant on the Jewel. They are always wonderful, but he was just exceptional. He got a WOW card, extra $$ and an email from us to Corporate.

We got an email thanking us for our kind comments. ....okay, nice that they acknowledged our email. Then, two weeks later, a phone call from Goldsteins office apologizing for taking so long to get back to us. Telling us that they really did appreciate my taking the time to send the email. She said the HD will receive a copy and Anderson will get acknowledged. I also said (in the email) that I'd like him for our steward on our next Jewel sailing in September (knowing it probably wouldn't happen). She said they would try!

Too late he's already been promoted to hotel director ;)

Share his name ill see if we get him in a few months !

I have a wonderful friend who works for RCI in Miami. They take complimentary letters very seriously. After a cruise once, I had no choice but to write FIVE of them. Copies are sent to the ship and read aloud at staff meetings and kept in their file.

They appreciate the time and effort a letter represents now a days.

Yes, adding something to the tip envelope is great....but a letter is going to begin the possibility to fast track for advancement.

I wrote my email to Crown and Anchor and a copy to Mr Goldstein and yesterday I had a phone call from Mr Goldstein's office saying how grateful they were for us sending the email and that a copy will be sent to the ship and the staff mentioned will receive a commendation. I am so pleased with this. I have also had a really nice reply from Crown and Anchor. So pleased they take these emails/letters seriously and it is good to know those staff who were so good will get commended :)

• 6 months later...

As a follow up... we sailed on the Jewel again in September '13. We went searching for Anderson (staff has nicknamed him Speedy - as we found out in our on board search for him). He was not on the ship because he'd been promoted! :D

His name is Anderson Hamilton. You'll know him by his outgoing personality and great sense of humor. He cracked me up!

Isn't he great? He never was officially my stateroom attendant but I met him on Grandeur in September 2009. Our room was near his section (he had the os and gs). We would see him on our way to the windjammer and he. would always make our day. Where on Jewel is he? I'll be on a month and would love to see him again.

Isn't he great? He never was officially my stateroom attendant but I met him on Grandeur in September 2009. Our room was near his section (he had the os and gs). We would see him on our way to the windjammer and he. would always make our day. Where on Jewel is he? I'll be on a month and would love to see him again.

He is no longer on the Jewel. We searched him out this past September, only to discover he'd been promoted and I don't know what ship he is on now.