A Fond Farewell to......

Eglesbrech

We are booked in Queens Grill but still got e-tickets - no leather wallets. I probably ticket the wrong box somewhere when making the online booking :)

Interesting to see that they still do something like the originals though they are leatherette now.

We are booked in Queens Grill but still got e-tickets - no leather wallets. I probably ticket the wrong box somewhere when making the online booking :)

Interesting to see that they still do something like the originals though they are leatherette now.

You get them on board for some bizarre and inexplicable reason. They don't send them to you anymore.

But aren't these also the days where you had little communication between the time of booking and travel: no option to scrutinise the best deck/stateroom/table for dinner; no option to scan and select which shore excursion from the luxury of your home; no cruise personaliser etc etc.

You get them on board for some bizarre and inexplicable reason.
They have to get rid of them somehow.

A lowly junior* put a few "0"s in the wrong place when filling out the last order form for them in 2009... and now they've got enough stored to last to 2240 at current rate of use.

(* now promoted to Senior Vice-President of Marketing at Pol Acker-U-Bend-Unblocker Inc.)

Apparently they are available on E-Bay so I am told... who would want to buy one? :confused: .

When and where on board?

If you are in a Grills suite they will be on your desk when you arrive or shortly thereafter. I have also seen the larger items left on the beds of steerage passengers a few times recently but unadorned by the Grills logo thankfully.

If you are in a Grills suite they will be on your desk when you arrive or shortly thereafter. ...
Cunard must like you better than us; as recently as last December in PG and October, 2011, in QG we received no ticket wallets on board. In the good old days before e-tickets, they were mailed to us full of our tickets.

A correctly laid table in the dining room, a waiter who greeted me with "good evening " who indicted any specials, and the alternatives if I did not seem to like the listed dishes.

If I used the Buffet, a waiter who assisted by carrying my tray and who found me a place to sit.

On Princess in 2012 I had the latter, at least. Never on Cunard, though.

Gosh! The you must have a much fancier printer than I for printing your e-ticket.

Funny..We never got those when we did Princess Grill in '09 or Queens Grill in '10. We just used our past leatherette folders. Perhaps being from Australia, you folks rate a bit better than us Yanks(no surprise there)

Let's call it plastic.

David.

Ok by me - that's what it is: a cheap piece of some material that is not leather, made to accomodate passenger's tickets that no longer fit in the wallet. Emblazoned with the Cunard logo, discovered on the beds of Grill passengers after they arrive in their Staterooms, the pastic wallets are there to enjoy and photograph.

These wallets where made in what factory?

If you are in a Grills suite they will be on your desk when you arrive or shortly thereafter. I have also seen the larger items left on the beds of steerage passengers a few times recently but unadorned by the Grills logo thankfully.

YES!!! very well said and I am having a good laugh:D

Ok by me - that's what it is: a cheap piece of some material that is not leather, made to accomodate passenger's tickets that no longer fit in the wallet. Emblazoned with the Cunard logo, discovered on the beds of Grill passengers after they arrive in their Staterooms, the pastic wallets are there to enjoy and photograph.

These wallets where made in what factory?

Very likely the Dongguan Prison in Guangdong, China. If Qantas, Emirates and British Airways go to this source to obtain items to give away to passengers, why not Cunard?

Very likely the Dongguan Prison in Guangdong, China. If Qantas, Emirates and British Airways go to this source to obtain items to give away to passengers, why not Cunard?

Because I suspect you and I are not alone in expecting better of Cunard.

Because I suspect you and I are not alone in expecting better of Cunard.

Qantas, Emirates and BA would have little or no knowledge of the supply chain through which Chinese goods reach them. Perhaps the recent revelations will cause examination of their Chinese supply chains more closely - or perhaps not.

Cunard did refuse to bring hamburger meat on board the QM2 in Shanghai and also refused fresh water, so there are indications they are aware of issues with respect to goods and services supplied by the Chinese.

Qantas, Emirates and BA would have little or no knowledge of the supply chain through which Chinese goods reach them. Perhaps the recent revelations will cause examination of their Chinese supply chains more closely - or perhaps not.

Cunard did refuse to bring hamburger meat on board the QM2 in Shanghai and also refused fresh water, so there are indications they are aware of issues with respect to goods and services supplied by the Chinese.

I've backspaced several sentences to arrive at this one:

Cunard/CCL sees their future in the Asian market.

Pushka. Yes I agree with that. On balance I would rather have the modern convenience but there was also something nice about some of the old touches.

As for the modern plastic wallets It will not make or break my day whether or not I get one of those, particularly not after boarding which makes it all a bit pointless.

LOL whitewash, Britannia gets the same wallet ,but I am not taking a picture of it and posted it;)

I have so many of them from sailing Britannia.

Well I never got any when I was in Britannia. Perhaps it's Cunard's way of telling us that they'd prefer you in Britannia and me in the Grills. :D

I just wanted to keep my key card. Sad.

That's easily done. Just go down to the Purser's desk on the second last day and tell them you've lost your key card. They'll give you a new one no worries.

The only problem is that you'll spend a bit of time waiting whilst they deal with all the people removing their auto-tips and lodging complaints in order to seek extra OBC. :)

Archived