No More Boston Homeport?

BostonM&MS

I wish they would add a cruise from Boston to Bermuda or longer cruise to the Caribbean. We'd love that here. We have no interest in going North for a vacation.

If the reason they are pulling out of Boston is because of slow sales then I believe you hit the nail on the head. I agree 100%

The Canada itineraries are already handled by multiple lines out of Boston. Couple that with Carnival's mish-mash of 4,5 and 7 day itineraries and I can see why they were having trouble filling ships.

A season of 7 or 8 day itineraries to Florida/Bahamas or The Caribbean I believe would work very well from Boston. They would be the only line to offer them and like you said, people here really have no interest in going north (except the typical "older" clientele on the longer fall cruises). With that said though I leave in a few days but with the price I was able to get it was cheaper to cruise than stay at home. But I am not traveling at all for the itinerary.

I have little to compare, but I would agree about the pricing.

We are booked on a 7 nighter aboard the Glory in July. My total cost for a balcony cabin and airfare from Houston Hobby Airport was less than me driving 40 min to the cruise terminal in Galveston, parking my car and walking aboard the Magic for the same week.

What a great trip for those that have been to Cozumel on most every cruise.

So glad we sailed out of Boston on the Glory this year...sorry they are not doing it next year...also wish Carnival had some Bermuda options...we did that on the Pride out of Baltimore a few years ago...awesome cruise:)

I wish they would add a cruise from Boston to Bermuda or longer cruise to the Caribbean. We'd love that here. We have no interest in going North for a vacation.

i heard that carnival couldn't get a berth in Bermuda for the days they wanted

Not good and not many choices no Europe next year now Boston & Norfolk we live close to Baltimore but that is up in the air and not interested in the Bahamas you can only do those ports a few times and they get old. Need more ports not just Florida.

This news has been so disappointing! I live just outside of Boston and really appreciated the convenience of being able to cruise from here. I sailed on Glory last summer out of Boston to Canada and enjoyed it so much that I'm going again next month. I was really hoping to do so next year but now can't. The cruise was far less than airfare to Nova Scotia. It looks like the NY options do not include a 7 day during the summer months to Canada which is the ideal time to visit.

At one of the Boston travel shows I was told that NCL had an exclusive 10 year contract for the run from Boston to Bermuda. I don't know when the contract expires.

That would make sense why no one else is doing it. Being from Maine, and with airfare such a killer, our next cruise will probably be NCL' s Bermuda from Boston itinerary. I love Carnival, but I sure would love to save the money we spend on airfare.

At one of the Boston travel shows I was told that NCL had an exclusive 10 year contract for the run from Boston to Bermuda. I don't know when the contract expires.

Bermuda is such a great place thinking of going back there instead of Hawaii, beautiful and a lot cheaper and easier to get to. If you like Carnival you will like NCL

I was looking for the Glory to surprise my husband with a cruise for his birthday in August and was wondering why I couldn't find any.

That's too bad. I'd love more options out of Boston other then NCL to Bermuda. I don't like the idea of staying in the same port for 3 days so I'd rather fly but it definitely takes a big bite out of the cruise budget for a family of 5.

Would love to cruise New England/Canada from NY with Boston being a port! However, I would only want to go in the summer months and that is when spendor is making her summer runs south. I may be forced to go to RCL or NCL.

:)

Archived