D8 VS D1 on Oasis

Hello

Any opionions as to whether the slightly larger balcony is worth the extra cost?

Does it make much of a difference or seem that much larger.

Is the cabin size the same in both categories?

Thanks so much

Lou

I do believe all of the rooms are going to be the same 182sq ft.

As for the balcony. Both of the sections you mentioned appear to have the same 53sq ft size. category B1, B2, C1 and C2 have 50 sq ft and 47sq ft which face Central Park and Boardwalk.

All of this was by going off of what was listed on RCCL's website. And honestly, I don't think anybody would notice a 3 to 6sq ft difference.

The other thing to consider it the closeness to the elevators. I had a D8 on the Oasis, deck 6, just aft of the aft elevators. The location was great. The balcony was sufficient in size. I didn't think the higher price for a D1 was worth it for a bigger balcony.

Hello

Any opionions as to whether the slightly larger balcony is worth the extra cost?

Does it make much of a difference or seem that much larger.

Is the cabin size the same in both categories?

Thanks so much

Lou

The balcony on a D1 cabin is 80 sq. ft. So it is quite a bit larger. It's worth it to me because I spend a lot of time on the balcony.

I would go with the standard D8-we had a hump balcony (which it was nice having the space out there) but I didn't like the location that much. I agree with the PP about being closer to elevators. The way the humps go you have to walk down a long hallway to get to your room rather then down the public areas to an elevator and up (does that make sense??) And personally, we would book a cabin closer to the aft elevators as well because we tended to stay towards the aft throughout the cruise. Have fun :)

** For the record, I would stay in absolutely any cabin on either the Oasis or the Allure just to be back on them!! I don't want to sound picky!!****

The D1 balcony room size is about the same as the D8, but there is a significant difference in the balcony size. I think the D1 balcony is 80 sq. ft. and is deeper than it is wider, but for me, was worth it. I love the larger balconies. Although there are no loungers on it, it could easily fit one.

The other thing to consider it the closeness to the elevators. I had a D8 on the Oasis, deck 6, just aft of the aft elevators. The location was great. The balcony was sufficient in size. I didn't think the higher price for a D1 was worth it for a bigger balcony.

I have (Oct 5th) a D5 deck #6 sounds like the same location your D8 was...My D5 had an amazing price..the difference to a D8 is several $$'s more..so I don't think it's worth it for me..Glad to hear this was a good location..I was worried it might be too close to the elevators.

I do believe all of the rooms are going to be the same 182sq ft.

As for the balcony. Both of the sections you mentioned appear to have the same 53sq ft size. category B1, B2, C1 and C2 have 50 sq ft and 47sq ft which face Central Park and Boardwalk.

All of this was by going off of what was listed on RCCL's website. And honestly, I don't think anybody would notice a 3 to 6sq ft difference.

As mentioned, D1 balconies are bigger because they are on the hump, so the balcony naturally sticks out a little bit more. Depending where you are on the hump, you'll get a slightly bigger balcony (if right in the middle of the hump), or a curved slightly bigger balcony (if on the end of the hump). Not the easiest to explain, but if you look on the ship map at the humps for D1's, you can see.

Not worth it in my opinion. You're not going to notice or really care that the balcony is slightly bigger. We booked a D8, then changed to a D1 when there was a price drop after final payment. What's crazy is for a while, D1's on our Oasis sailing where over $500 cheaper than D7 and D8's! I think there either was a computer glitch or they were trying to fill the ship.

We booked a D8 for our Oasis cruise earlier this month. Just after final payment, they dropped the D1 rate to match what we paid for our D8, so we arranged to be moved up.

Both cabins were on deck 7. They were pretty close to the same distance from the front elevators, the D1 was much closer to the back elevators (not that anything is that hard to get to).

While we weren't "fully" on the hump with the D1's, we were on the forward angle and had a deeper balcony than the D2-D8. I agree with PP, if the price difference is small (<$100 total) it might be worth it. I do wish there was a lounger though.

As mentioned, D1 balconies are bigger because they are on the hump, so the balcony naturally sticks out a little bit more. Depending where you are on the hump, you'll get a slightly bigger balcony (if right in the middle of the hump), or a curved slightly bigger balcony (if on the end of the hump). Not the easiest to explain, but if you look on the ship map at the humps for D1's, you can see.

Not worth it in my opinion. You're not going to notice or really care that the balcony is slightly bigger. We booked a D8, then changed to a D1 when there was a price drop after final payment. What's crazy is for a while, D1's on our Oasis sailing where over $500 cheaper than D7 and D8's! I think there either was a computer glitch or they were trying to fill the ship.

I know what you are speaking of and I didn't even think of it when I posted the other comment nor did I check the map for them. Just went off of what RCCL has under the basic room info.

80sq ft is definitely a big jump from 53. But like you, I wouldn't spend the extra money on it.

Archived