coffee pot in cabin

gingerdos

My husband only likes Maxwell house coffee. He wants to know if he brings Maxwell house coffee, can he use it in the cabin coffee maker, Will we need coffee filters or is it pods. Is this possible?

Ginger

What we had in our suite was a 4 cup drip type coffee maker which used pods. We brought some coffee with us as sometimes hotel type coffee is terrible. We bought some pods online for 4 cup makers, but you can bring ground coffee and some 4 cup filters.

In all the balcony and mini suite rooms we've ever been in, there has been a 4 cup Mr. Coffee type coffee maker (if the room doesn't have one, ask for one). We bring our own brand of coffee and yes, 4 cup filters are necessary also.

For anyone considering bringing coffee, check first for the ship and room type you are in. Some cabins do not even have coffee makers on some ships, some suites have Lavazza type machines and some have 4 cup drip type makers which can take either loose ground coffee with 4 cup filters or prepackaged 4 cup filter packs.

And I should correct my terminology in my previous post. I said my machine used pods, actually I meant filter packs.

For anyone considering bringing coffee, check first for the ship and room type you are in. Some cabins do not even have coffee makers on some ships, some suites have Lavazza type machines and some have 4 cup drip type makers which can take either loose ground coffee with 4 cup filters or prepackaged 4 cup filter packs.

And I should correct my terminology in my previous post. I said my machine used pods, actually I meant filter packs.

And on the Breakaway the coffee maker used single cup filter packs.

Really when did that start. No name brand on the Breakaway in May and Fodgers in my cabins for 20 cruises thru February ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

It was Maxwell House on the Dawn and Sky, which I have been on both within the last year. Cannot remember the rest of the cruises. I don't drink coffee but brought everything home to keep in our guest room.

• 3 months later...
And on the Breakaway the coffee maker used single cup filter packs.

Does that mean it only makes one (1) cup of coffee at a time?

I am in a Breakaway balcony cabin. Do all category cabins have the same coffee makers?

What size filter should I bring if I am bringing my own Starbucks coffee with me?

Don

Does that mean it only makes one (1) cup of coffee at a time?

I am in a Breakaway balcony cabin. Do all category cabins have the same coffee makers?

What size filter should I bring if I am bringing my own Starbucks coffee with me?

Don

I know I took pics of the room in my review. Let me see if I have a pic.

Yes, I just looked-- it is a one cup at a time using round disc type coffee packs...

http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/single-cup-coffee-makers-personal-cup-one-cup-pod-brewer-49970.html

------

Edited by Medtech2
Added link for coffee maker

If your stateroom steward cannot find a spare coffee maker, ask him/her to go find a hot water kettle - NCL ships used to have them.

When we travel abroad, we always bring some instant coffee 3-n-1 mix packets, you can find them on Amazon (they are over-priced, IMO)

If you have Asian supermarket in the local area, they generally will have Nescafe as well as numerous imported brands from Asia, they are inexpensive and sell for around $6 for a pack of 15 to 20 sticks/packets.

http://www.amazon.com/Nescafe-Regular-Instant-Coffee-Sticks/dp/B000W5BS9K/ref=pd_sim_sbs_gro_1

It is easier to get hot boiling water & stir it in - enjoy (especially when you are in a caffeine fix mode) or for those times when you don't feel like calling room service or taking a walk to the 24 hour cafe/buffet to get a freshly ? brewed cup.

Carnival PROHIBITS coffee makers in all guest cabins due to "safety concerns".

I know that has nothing to do with NCL, but just confirmed this for our Freedom sailing later this month... darn it!

(I suspected this in the past, but never really pursued it)

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

In all the balcony and mini suite rooms we've ever been in, there has been a 4 cup Mr. Coffee type coffee maker (if the room doesn't have one, ask for one). We bring our own brand of coffee and yes, 4 cup filters are necessary also.

Yes, that is exactly what we had on the Epic. We brought our Dunkin Donuts coffee, and the 4 cup filters. PURE HEAVEN :)

We had a balcony on the NCL Jewel 2 years ago and it was a stainless steel hot water kettle, little packets of Maxwell House coffee & tea bags, coffeemate & sugar setup plus 2 little mugs. Good for our own preferred "Ipoh" White Coffee 3-in-1 sachets and Oolong Tea packets - only wished that we took along with Ramen Instant Noodles like when we fly TPAC as they often run out/ration them on CX)

attachment.php?attachmentid=185862&d=1298351140

CCL, however, as least on the Splendor out of NY - did not have coffee maker or hot water kettle in most of the cabins ... It is less work on a daily basis for the room stewards, regardless of the "officially" stated reasons for not providing them on modern mega cruise ships.

Yes, that is exactly what we had on the Epic. We brought our Dunkin Donuts coffee, and the 4 cup filters. PURE HEAVEN :)

What size are the 4 cup coffee filters?

(The filters usually have numbers.)

Don

Edited by dongordon