Sometimes being crazy pays off!

We are currently booked on a cruise on the Radiance in September for our 30th anniversary. We have switched things around about 900 times to get to this point and I am only exaggerating a tiny bit when I say 900 times! ( Ask anyone on my original roll call for the Oasis in September!;)) Anyway!

We have never waffled so much on a vacation before and in all of our shuffling around, we tried Hawaii combinations three times, so we decided that is really a place we would like to see while we can still walk around. (I promise I am getting to the point!)

When we decided, finally, on the Radiance we booked a D1 balcony as we love being on the hump or aft of a ship. Then! Someone on our roll call cancelled the much sought after cabin 9256 and was kind enough to post it so that we could switch to it!:cool:

We are also staying in Honolulu for three nights post cruise and heard good things about the Outrigger resort on Waikiki beach, so we decided on that for our post cruise stay............

Then, RCCL posted their balcony guarantee rates at 1400 bucks less than we were paying for our aft cabin and so I made a deal with my husband that if we could switch our resort on Waikiki to the Halekulani, which looks gorgeous but is uber expensive, and still save money that I would give up our cabin and go for the guarantee. So!

We got assigned to cabin 9000 in an E2 category and were actually pretty happy. Then, for some reason, I decided we could switch back to cabin 9256 since it was still available. Then, the next morning I got a horrible case of the guilts and called back to switch back to the balcony guarantee. I was really sweating because I didn't tell my husband that I had upgraded back and wasn't sure where we would be assigned. Anyway!

The nice RCCL rep on the phone told me that after we were assigned our new cabin that we could call and switch it to any available cabin in that class if we didn't care for the location. So! The next day, I looked at our assigned cabin and it was in a D2 category. I looked on the RCCL website and saw that cabin 9256 was also in that category and still available. So, with my heart in my mouth I called to see if I could switch to that cabin and guess what?!?!?!?:D:cool:

We are now in cabin 9256 for 1400 bucks less!!!!!!:D

I'm not sure what the moral of this story is, but I am extremely happy!!

Tara

P.S. I never had to say anything to my husband other than that we got upgraded to cabin 9256!;)

P.P.S. We still get to stay at Halekulani, too!!

We are now in cabin 9256 for 1400 bucks less!!!!!!:D

I'm not sure what the moral of this story is, but I am extremely happy!

How about 'Good things come to those who change their mind.' WOW, I love your fantastic little story- ending up with a coveted stateroom on a beautiful ship! We had the wonderful JS above it (1100) on our last cruise. (I'd recommend having 'no upgrade' noted on your booking, so you don't mysteriously lose 9256). Thanks for sharing, happy 30th anniversary! :)

:D Are you kidding?!?! This place is like my diary!!;)

Tara

P.S. Nice weather we've been having!:eek:

Yeah. Expect thunder, lightning, downpours and scary winds in the late afternoon/evening for the next ten days!

Apocalypse Now!

:eek:

WOW! Great story!

I'm just glad I'm not the only one that does that crazy mess. I typically make 2-3 changes like that for every sailing and it always works out, but just how much work do you want to put into it? :confused:

WOWZA! That's lucky.

My question....how was 9256 not wait listed? We are in 1100 for a 2014 anniversary and have already met people in our roll call who have our cabin wait listed!

If you ever felt lucky, now is the time. Buy a Lottery ticket!

Archived