Jaxport porters can be lazy and ignorant-beware

steve4031

I booked fttf. Arrived at the terminal and provided cabin number and 15 dollar tip for two big roll aboards and a small cosmetic bag. I told the guy fttf, and he said yes. He wrote the correct cabin number but on the wrong color coded tag. I think this delayed the arrival of our bags. We got one bag but not the others. I assume we will get the rest, but I thought you all should be aware to make sure they use the correct tag.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I booked fttf. Arrived at the terminal and provided cabin number and 15 dollar tip for two big roll aboards and a small cosmetic bag. I told the guy fttf, and he said yes. He wrote the correct cabin number but on the wrong color coded tag. I think this delayed the arrival of our bags. We got one bag but not the others. I assume we will get the rest, but I thought you all should be aware to make sure they use the correct tag.

IF you had printed your own luggage tags they would have the FTTF logo already on them. Sorry you had a problem but I'm sure its possible he just made a mistake.

We have always found the porters at Jax to be very friendly and efficient. To give someone such a horrible label such as "lazy and ignorant" really speaks volumes about YOU!!!!!!

It was his demeanor and complete lack of effort. I showed him my info with the logo and he did not even look. He repeated the cabin number, and I emphasized fttf as I repeated the cabin number and info. He said got it.

The fact that the bag tags had the wrong deck and location for my cabin and did not reflect fttf indicate ignorance and laziness. I know that I could have printed the bag tags and laminated them and all that bs. I didn't. That is why I tipped him 15 dollars for the 3 bags.

For what it's worth . . . The carnival employees at jax port were outstanding. They were friendly and efficient. They executed their part of fttf flawlessly.

Archived