Norwegian Spirit Drydock in 2014

FM63

Goodness, I hope they don't do the same thing to the spirit as they did to other ships like the dawn. Come on ncl. Don't relocate the spinnaker lounge and take away our observation lounge! Don't get rid of the raffles outdoor aft sitting area. I miss both of these on the dawn.

When I was on the Spirit just over a month ago, one of the bar staff was talking about the ship going into dry dock next year. I said I didn't think that was possible as it was way too soon after the Oct 2011 dry docking before the ship came to Europe.

So either they are going to do some much needed works somewhere or they are going to make alterations that will ruin the ship. I hope it is to do some work not the latter.

Hello,

did anybody know about Norwegian Spirit Drydock in 2014 ? There is a time gap between 14 November and 26 November in the calender ;).

Frank

Looks like there is a 12 day grand med cruise that leaves Venice on the 14th, arriving in Barcelona for the Nov 26 Canary Island 10 day.

I don't see a gap, which is a relief as I'm on the Nov 26 sailing.

Looks like there is a 12 day grand med cruise that leaves Venice on the 14th, arriving in Barcelona for the Nov 26 Canary Island 10 day.

I don't see a gap, which is a relief as I'm on the Nov 26 sailing.

I can't see any cruise starting from the 14 November 2014. On the german NCL site the previous cruise before the 26 November cruise starts at November 2 for 12 days. But there is an cruise on the american site. Curios …

• 4 months later...

We were booked on the Jan 24 - Feb 2 2014 Western Mediterranean cruise and were contacted by NCL in October to notify us that this cruise was cancelled because the Spirit would be in dry dock for that period. Our trip has been changed to Feb 11-20. We received a small OBC and a slightly reduced fare in compensation.

Soes anyone know the reason for the drydock?