Puerto Rico to Cuba?

Xcitdcruiser

I was wondering whether anyone has any suggestions on the most direct / cheapest route to get from Puerto Rico to Cuba?

I'm Australian, & would love to suprise DW with a trip over to Cuba but am getting overwhelmed with the possibilities of routes & airlines.

I *think* the quickest way is to go from SJU - Panama - Havana....

Any suggestions? Ideas? Thoughts?

Ita matrix has failed me :/

There are several flights from Miami to Cuba via a few airlines. But unless you have family still in Cuba, or other specific reasons, you will not be allowed on that flight; at least not one originating in the US.

From my understanding, as a "normal" person (i.e. not someone visiting family in Cuba with permission), you cannot book a ticket from the US to Cuba, even as a foreign citizen, and even if it's via another country. So, for example, you would have to buy one ticket San Juan to xxx (Nassau, for example) and one other ticket xxx to Havana. So...it's not the easiest trip in the world!

Thanks for the tips. I cant seem to get it under $800pp which is amazing seeing as its just a hop away!

I've tried via Panama City, Cancun & Dominican Rep.

For an extra $200 one can fly direct from London on Virgin. I may have to wait until I visit europe & tag it on. Or I can use an excuse to fly from Aus to soak up some mexican sun on the way to Cuba.

Try Mexico City, Toronto, or Montreal. As mentioned you will probably have to buy the "out and back" to Havana as a separate roundtrip. You might see if it's ticketable through Aeromexico, Air Canada, etc.

Archived