Help with owners suite FOS

Today, I went to make final payment on our room (owners suite) and go over all the details. When I booked the reservation the girl told me it had a king bed that splits into two beds. This was perfect seeing I'm traveling with a friend, I need two beds. Today, I was looking on there website and it said it had a queen bed? :eek: However, in my cruises it still let me select two beds? :eek:

I immediately called RCCL and was told it is a king, that they just got all new beds and my reservation showed to split bed. After persuading her to check with a manager, she came back and apologized that it is a queen bed but had a sofa. I'm not trying to sound mean, but I don't want to sleep on a sofa after shelling out $6000. Is there anything or anyone I can talk to, to see if there is anyway we can get two twin beds? Sorry first cruise so all new to me. Please don't flame, just asking.

Today, I went to make final payment on our room (owners suite) and go over all the details. When I booked the reservation the girl told me it had a king bed that splits into two beds. This was perfect seeing I'm traveling with a friend, I need two beds. Today, I was looking on there website and it said it had a queen bed? :eek: However, in my cruises it still let me select two beds? :eek:

I immediately called RCCL and was told it is a king, that they just got all new beds and my reservation showed to split bed. After persuading her to check with a manager, she came back and apologized that it is a queen bed but had a sofa. I'm not trying to sound mean, but I don't want to sleep on a sofa after shelling out $6000. Is there anything or anyone I can talk to, to see if there is anyway we can get two twin beds? Sorry first cruise so all new to me. Please don't flame, just asking.

Here we go again. After all of these events and all of this time, Royal Caribbean still won't fix this problem on their website AND in the minds and mouths of the CVPs who handle reservations over the phone.

SHEESH!

As the poster above wrote, you can switch to a GS if there are any left on your sailing. Or even a JS, save a lot of money, and spend it on other things, like the premium beverage packgage, which you may need after dealing with this nonsense!

:eek: ;) :p :D

I am so sorry that you got caught up in RC's Vortex of Owner's Suite Madness.

OS have NEVER had beds that separate. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER.

NEVER.

My favorite JS is available - 1706. Your balcony will be as big as your OS balcony!

Or HECK, for less money than an Owner's Suite, you can get adjoining balcony cabins and each have your own cabin and your OWN queen size bed!!!

;)

We have been cruising in OS's since 2003, and will confirm with MM that since our first cruise, on the Legend of the Seas, there has never been a time, and we are Pinnacle Club members........that there has EVER been a bed that could be pulled apart.

Royal Caribean should know better......no ship that we have cruised aboard has beds in an OS that could be split. NEVER!

NEVER in an OS! I'm ammending this to say that in a GS or JS, it will work to split beds.

Take that to the bank or someone that cares at Royal Caribbean, and get them to change your cabin to one that you want.

Keep us informed of your progress. Royal Caribbean needs to learn a lesson, as this is not the first time that someone, that does not know about OS's and has believed in what Royal Caribbean tells them. They need to get their facts corrected.;)

Rick

We were on Freedom in May and had OS 1320, I wouldn't trade it for anything ! It was such a nice room ! I would put some pillows between the two of you and enjoy !

Thanks. I really did not want to go to anything lower. I originally wanted the royal suite but the girl at RCCL that I spoke with when I booked it, convinced me the owners suite was the way to go. Unfortunately the royal suite is now booked. Just wondering how comfortable can a sofa be? Maybe if I put some pillows under that mattress, I can make it somewhat comfortable? I've never been on a cruise before, so my thinking was go big or go home. :D

Thanks. I really did not want to go to anything lower. I originally wanted the royal suite but the girl at RCCL that I spoke with when I booked it, convinced me the owners suite was the way to go. Unfortunately the royal suite is now booked. Just wondering how comfortable can a sofa be? Maybe if I put some pillows under that mattress, I can make it somewhat comfortable? I've never been on a cruise before, so my thinking was go big or go home. :D

We had a sectional sofa in our room. Plenty big enough to sleep on without unfolding the bed ! We always get a GS on Freedom, and I think being in the OS we got our behinds kissed a little more by having this suite.....just an assumption but it did feel it !

We had a sectional sofa in our room. Plenty big enough to sleep on without unfolding the bed ! We always get a GS on Freedom, and I think being in the OS we got our behinds kissed a little more by having this suite.....just an assumption but it did feel it !

WOW...wonder what it feels like to be in a royal suite or presidentual suite. :eek:

Thanks. I really did not want to go to anything lower. I originally wanted the royal suite but the girl at RCCL that I spoke with when I booked it, convinced me the owners suite was the way to go. Unfortunately the royal suite is now booked. Just wondering how comfortable can a sofa be? Maybe if I put some pillows under that mattress, I can make it somewhat comfortable? I've never been on a cruise before, so my thinking was go big or go home.

The RS wouldn't have solved your problem either, as the bed cannot be split. However one of the sofas in the living area converts to a queen, and you do have the privacy of two separate rooms and two bathrooms.

I have to admit, just curious as to what you (OP) have decided to do. Was intrigued about the idea of an OS since my aunt I are starting to cruise together now, but we definitely need our own beds so we will stay with GS's.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks for posting your situation and have a great cruise!!!

I have to admit, just curious as to what you (OP) have decided to do. Was intrigued about the idea of an OS since my aunt I are starting to cruise together now, but we definitely need our own beds so we will stay with GS's.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks for posting your situation and have a great cruise!!!

At this point I am keeping the owners suite, but I'm looking at other options as well. Fortunately final payment is not due to September. I will keep you posted.

This is the rather strange anomaly with RCI that the OS's (and RS's) are staterooms that don't have the ability to split the bed into two - and unfortunately you will get conflicting information regarding that.

The good news is that the sofa's will provide a queen bed solution that will provide an alternative to sharing the king bed. You can always take turns with each if needed.

If the OS is what you want I would think that you could keep it with the sofa bed option. But the reasonable alternative (if available) is a GS. Somewhat smaller with a tub with shower v. separate shower and tub and no bidet, but still very nice.

Seriously, if it's your first cruise, you're not going to miss the OS. Book two CONNECTING balcony cabins, and you will have a two bedroom, two bathroom suite!

:)

Seriously, if it's your first cruise, you're not going to miss the OS. Book two CONNECTING balcony cabins, and you will have a two bedroom, two bathroom suite!

:)

But none of the suite perks, so there really is quite a difference.

But none of the suite perks, so there really is quite a difference.

A friend of mine suggested taking the cushions of the couch and place them under the sofa mattress for added comfort. At this point, I'll try anything. I know how the springs tend to dig you. What I'm upset about is the fact that they told me when I booked the room, it could be made into two beds. If I knew then what I know now, we would have gotten the royal suite but now it's already booked. :mad:

Oh we'll, live and learn. We are in no way going to let this ruin our cruise. Not like we plan on sleeping much anyway. :D

WOW...wonder what it feels like to be in a royal suite or presidentual suite. :eek:

We went to a party in the Royal Suite that a Pinacle C&A member hosted and were totally blown away by the elegance of the suite ! I'm going to sell my children to be able to afford it, but someday I'll book it !

We went to a party in the Royal Suite that a Pinacle C&A member hosted and were totally blown away by the elegance of the suite ! I'm going to sell my children to be able to afford it, but someday I'll book it !

Everyone keeps telling me, this cruise will be a wow factor. Well I really want to to be wowed, so go big or go home. This is my first cruise. If I enjoy it as much as everyone says I will, most likely I'll get an inside cabin next time. :eek:

At this point I am keeping the owners suite, but I'm looking at other options as well. Fortunately final payment is not due to September. I will keep you posted.

Is there a GS still available for your sailing? Here is a video of what the FOS GS looks like. It is still roomy and the balcony is bigger than an OS's. You still get the perks and save a couple of $1000 that you can splurge on other fun stuff.

Good luck on your decision. Keep us posted :)

Is there a GS still available for your sailing? Here is a video of what the FOS GS looks like. It is still roomy and the balcony is bigger than an OS's. You still get the perks and save a couple of $1000 that you can splurge on other fun stuff.

Good luck on your decision. Keep us posted :)

Thanks, beautiful video, however we were looking for something much larger. Yes, there will only be two of us in the room but we have 4 others that will also be sailing. Just nice to have the extra space. Also, according to RCCL website, our balcony is suppose to be 204ft, where as the GS is 107ft. Not saying that is not wrong too, as our bed and shower situation is different then what was originally quoted, just that's what is posted for FOS. I was hoping they would be able to just swap beds for a week if there was an empty room, but I don't even know what direction to go to for that.

Thanks, beautiful video, however we were looking for something much larger. Yes, there will only be two of us in the room but we have 4 others that will also be sailing. Just nice to have the extra space. Also, according to RCCL website, our balcony is suppose to be 204ft, where as the GS is 107ft. Not saying that is not wrong too, as our bed and shower situation is different then what was originally quoted, just that's what is posted for FOS. I was hoping they would be able to just swap beds for a week if there was an empty room, but I don't even know what direction to go to for that.

You are exactly right about the balcony, I was thinking of the Radiance balconies instead of looking up the FOS which is your ship, sorry about that. My guess is that the two bedroom Royal Family Suite is not an option either with only two people for one room? This will be interesting to see what you end up doing.

Everyone keeps telling me, this cruise will be a wow factor. Well I really want to to be wowed, so go big or go home. This is my first cruise. If I enjoy it as much as everyone says I will, most likely I'll get an inside cabin next time. :eek:

Just to warn you ahead of time, once you treat yourself to a suite....GS or larger, you can't go back to a regular room ! Just something about the amenities and being spoiled ! I think they play subliminal messages at night telling you to book suites on every cruise !

I am wowed every single time by the CRUISE, not the room I'm sleeping in. The WOW factor is the service, the food, the shows, your fellow passengers, the ports. If you plan on sitting in your room all day, I predict you will not be wowed. Just my opinion, I'd rather do a longer cruise to better ports than sit in my room....

Just to warn you ahead of time, once you treat yourself to a suite....GS or larger, you can't go back to a regular room ! Just something about the amenities and being spoiled ! I think they play subliminal messages at night telling you to book suites on every cruise !

Hoping I like cruising as much as everyone else does....and if I get spoiled by all the perks so be it. I'm on vacation and I certainly don't plan on sleeping in a shoe box. LOL. As I get older, I seem to enjoy the finer things in life. I've done enough pinching pennies at motel 6 in my younger days. Can't wait to see what all the hype of a cruise is about. Thanks for the warning on the room.

Archived