Upgrades after final payment

bulldogz

What are the chances of getting an upgrade after final payment on a concierge guarantee C3? I see the price went down $200. I guess I can't do anything about that, right? How close to the sailing date do they give upgrades?

Are you asking if you will get upgraded automatically? Then the answer is probably no. If you want to upgrade your cabin for nothing or just a little bit more you can call and ask for the upgrade. They will be happy to do that for you. However, if you have any of the promos (like 1,2,3 etc) then make sure you can keep your promo if you upgrade. After final payment some people are reported getting really good upgrade for something like $1 again however, you could lose your promos.

It's unlikely that you will get a "free" upgrade, however if there is say an aqua or suite that is just a little bit more than you paid you can usually upgrade to that for very little cost. Call and ask, good luck.

And, no, they usually will not discount your cost after final payment,

before=yes,

after=no.

If you have your stateroom assignment from the GTY it's unlikely, very unlikely, you'll receive any further upgrade or change in stateroom

Oops, WestLakeGirl is right. I missed the GTY part. You should still call and check anyway. They are nothing if not inconsistent.

Yes, I have my room assignment and don't have the 123 promo. Missed out on it. :mad: I booked through a TA and had called her and she said they can't do much after final payment, she called and supposedly they said no. Do I have to wait until the aqua or suite price drops below what I paid to even ask? I really would just like to have the 123 drink package in place of the upgrade. :)

Yes, I have my room assignment and don't have the 123 promo. Missed out on it. :mad: I booked through a TA and had called her and she said they can't do much after final payment, she called and supposedly they said no. Do I have to wait until the aqua or suite price drops below what I paid to even ask? I really would just like to have the 123 drink package in place of the upgrade. :)

No, they wont allow you to pay LESS for anything post final payment. If the price of an aqua is say, 10 bucks more than your current cabin, then you could call and try to upgrade, paying the additional price. Basic rule of thumb is, they will let you pay them MORE post final payment for something else, but will NOT let you pay LESS post final payment.

Hope this helps.

Even though you booked though a tA, call Celebrity and ask, then call your TA back and tell her what they told you. Some TA's dont want to bother because they are not making any more money making a change like this.

My experience has been that your chance is 0%. Never hurts to ask as long as you don't mind being told no. :p

If you hadn't booked a guarantee (and no, not slamming you for that as I often book guarantees) you may stand a better chance especially if the current price of your cabin has dropped.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

They won't let you pay less after final payment but they will let you upgrade to a higher category cabin, even if the cost is less than what you paid. And guarantee has nothing to do with anything. We upgraded twice after final payment: once to a CC guarantee and then to an AQ1 guarantee. Both were priced below what we had paid for a regular balcony cabin. And we got to keep the OBC that Celebrity had awarded when we originally booked. Many people on this cruise upgraded.

If your TA won't take care of this for you, it's time to find a new TA. Ours handled all of this for us with absolutely no complaints.

I know things work differently in the UK. Thanks to our TA, we have received a free upgrade after final payment. We also originally booked a concierge guarantee.

Good luck.

Archived