Bora Bora ,Moorea and Tahiti

Hi we are going on the Radiance in the near future and would like to find out if someone can recommend a tour guide to help us in these Islands

Also, has someone rented a car in any of the those places?

Your reply will be appreciated

Hi we are going on the Radiance in the near future and would like to find out if someone can recommend a tour guide to help us in these Islands

Also, has someone rented a car in any of the those places?

Your reply will be appreciated

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I would also try posting your question in the Pacific Islands forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104

In Bora Bora, you want to do one of Patrick's tours. He is simply the best and is a favorite of cruise critic members so his tours book up quickly.

http://www.maohinui.net/en/

When I was in Bora Bora, I did the Lagoon Tour with Polynesian Feast. In fact, I coordinated the booking for our roll call and we had a total of 24 CC passengers who participated; most of whom said that it was their favorite day of our entire 30-day cruise.

http://www.maohinui.net/en/lagon-et-festin-polynesien

I did a land vacation and spent ten days in Moorea and bora bora.

On Moorea we rented a car. Super easy place to drive on your own. We drove the entire island and were able to stop as we wanted to. I forget what it's called but there is an area where you go up and it has a viewing area where you can see the entire island. It is a not to be missed view.

On bora bora we did a tour of the island instead of renting a car. I think it was part if the vacation package we booked. They stopped frequently at different places for pics. We also rented jet skis here. It is really expensive, I think it was $500 per jet ski. But it was so worth it. You circle the entire main island. And if you can depending on how long you are there, eat at bloody Mary's restaurant. It is a famous restaurant here and you can take your shoes off as the entire floor is sand. A unique experience for sure.

Be prepared that everything on these islands is super expensive. When we were there just a can of soda was $4-5. This was my dream vacation and I hope to go back someday. Enjoy!

We rented cars on all three of these islands. Super easy to rent & very easy to drive around. On Bora Bora also did a swim with the sharks excursion. :eek: It has been my Favorite excursion of any we have done. The lady was right there where the tenders docked.

Hi,

I'm on your Radiance cruise and looking forward to Tahiti.

In Bora Bora we are doing a morning snorkel trip with http://www.boraborasnorkeling.com That goes to the three biggies on the island.

At the other two we are hiring a car at each. Under $100 a day and we will decide what to do as we go.

Are you on our roll call?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1624904&page=1

See you on board,

Raina

I took a round island tour with Marama Tours in Tahiti earlier this year. I'll also be using them in January next year for a Moorea tour, unless I decide to take the ferry and hire a car. Of course they do drive on the wrong side of the road :D

We enjoyed renting a couple of cars on gorgeous Moorea with new friends that we'd met on our cruise. Vehicles were available just off the dock area. Moorea is my favorite island! Driving around was easy, be sure to drive up to Belvedere Lookout for the great view. We happened to stop at a resort later just in time for happy hour. A very memorable scenic spot and our server brought our twelve tropical drinks (six of us) to our table! :D Bora Bora was also unforgettable- we circled the entire island on a jetski on Christmas Day! We've also booked the 4x4 jeep tour on Bora Bora which was great! Wish I were going on your cruise...

Archived