A Royal Loft Suite Review onboard Oasis

Thanks for the review Andrew. A very touching review. Would you book this suite again? We had the RLS on Allure and it was very nice but far too much space for two people. The Sky loft is the perfect fit for us. I just wish that it had the large hot tub that the RLS has. It would be perfect.:)

I agree about the room stewards on this deck. We kept seeing the same stewards over and over between the Oasis and Allure and I also agree that they are the cream of the crop.

Thanks again for sharing your story.

Thank you so much for sharing your cabin with us but mostly for sharing your precious daughter with us.

I agree completely. The sand artist brought a tear to my eye, well more than one, when I was aboard the ship. So did this thread.

Our family want to thank all of you for your kind words.

I always felt to do a review of the RLS was a bit crass, even though it is an interesting cabin. However, the more I thought about it sharing the cabin and it's experiences for our families was a fun thing to do.

What I loved about doing this review was sharing our Allie with you. We could meet each one of you every night at the Rising Tide Bar for a few drinks and share our stories of Allie. I think we would need a B2B.

Again, thank-you all for subscribing for this special review.

Andrew, Lisa and Owen.

Thanks for the review Andrew. A very touching review. Would you book this suite again? We had the RLS on Allure and it was very nice but far too much space for two people. The Sky loft is the perfect fit for us. I just wish that it had the large hot tub that the RLS has. It would be perfect.:)

I agree about the room stewards on this deck. We kept seeing the same stewards over and over between the Oasis and Allure and I also agree that they are the cream of the crop.

Thanks again for sharing your story.

Your question is interesting one. We wouldn't stay in it if it was the two of us, unless it was a "deal";). By that I mean the price of a SLS. I would consider booking it for three or more cruisers again.

We have stayed in both SLS and like 1720 over 1718 for the aft balcony view. I guess we miss the hot tub, but it wouldn't really be private, at least not in SLS 1720. We enjoy the numerous ones on deck 15, where it is fun to meet fellow cruisers.

What we like is the balcony and inside dining tables that the SLS and RLS have. We have not brought formal wear for years and mainly eat MDR in the cabin followed closely by JR and Chops. With Owen the ability to eat in our cabin is perhaps the best suite perk.

Interestingly enough we stayed in the RS this past January and didn't like it as much as the SLS. I really think we like the view and action of the sports deck, even though on paper it is considered to be a better room by RCI.

I guess it is just us, but we are people watchers:D.

Andrew

What a great review and posting the pics. I am guessing it would be a great thing to say you did and would have to be a deal like you said to do it again.

God bless you and your family and i'm sure Allie is with you on every cruise.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for this great review.

The RLS looks wonderfull. The hot tub shoud be a nice place to relax, looking at the ocean...

I have two questions:

- Is it not too noisy on the deck overlooking the sports area?

- About room service: Could you order only from MDR menu or also specialities restaurants menu? Is it served course by course?

My best to you and your family.

Thanks again for writing this review.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for this great review.

The RLS looks wonderfull. The hot tub shoud be a nice place to relax, looking at the ocean...

I have two questions:

- Is it not too noisy on the deck overlooking the sports area?

- About room service: Could you order only from MDR menu or also specialities restaurants menu? Is it served course by course?

My best to you and your family.

Thanks again for writing this review.

Hi Navy 1234,

Some might find it noisy overlooking the sports deck if you are on the balcony, but if you are in the cabin with the doors shut and locked there is very little noise.

You can only order from the MDR menu or the regular room service menu. If you wish can order the steak from Chops for extra cost (possibly lobster as well?) from the MDR menu. I think it would not travel well though. The food comes all at once in one delivery. The food does stay fairly warm by the time you get to the last course. We obviously did not get ice cream for desert. If we did we would have had desert first.:D

I am glad you liked the review and hopefully it will help your decision if you are thinking about booking this cabin in the future. I am glad I did the review as it gave me chance to share our story.

Andrew

Perspective. Of lows and highs; pain and joy; the yin and yang of life. I agree that your RLS review was indeed 'graceful', yet objective and very helpful to anyone seeking a glimpse of life atop this great ship. Wishing you and your family many more precious memories and especially joy in the years ahead.

Valerie

Perspective. Of lows and highs; pain and joy; the yin and yang of life. I agree that your RLS review was indeed 'graceful', yet objective and very helpful to anyone seeking a glimpse of life atop this great ship. Wishing you and your family many more precious memories and especially joy in the years ahead.

Valerie

Many thanks for your kind words. I am honoured that your first post on CC is such a great reflection of what life is truly about.

This last year has been smoother than the few previous, but we would have continued down the same road for however long Allie was with us. We miss her dearly, but are also regretfully glad to know that she is no longer suffering.

Andrew

• 2 months later...
Measure not how long something lasts but the joy it brings.

A wonderful post in so many ways.

Thank you.

Henry :)

Henry you are correct. Thank-you for the thoughtful words.

Getting stuck on the little details can consume too much of people's lives.

Andrew

When you practice medicine the little details are what counts.;)

That is what consumed our lives for those years. Daily entries in log books of what Allie was up too through out the day. It was those log books that kept our medical team up to date. They were almost like service manuals. You are right we tracked those little details to a fault.

Ocean Boy, you are 100% right. Some of those "little" details are the most important.

Andrew

• 4 months later...

Hey Andrew, great review, I had a chance to see a SLS last week on the Oasis and loved it and the RLS would be even better for our family. Thank you for letting us have a view into that fantastic suite.

On a different note your family has survived one of my biggest fears and I am amazed about your ability to stay positive and move on gracefully. I hope to cruise with you one day, I would love to have a chat with you and thank you for letting all of us know what is truly important in life.

Thank you

Troy

Hey Andrew, great review, I had a chance to see a SLS last week on the Oasis and loved it and the RLS would be even better for our family. Thank you for letting us have a view into that fantastic suite.

On a different note your family has survived one of my biggest fears and I am amazed about your ability to stay positive and move on gracefully. I hope to cruise with you one day, I would love to have a chat with you and thank you for letting all of us know what is truly important in life.

Thank you

Troy

Thank-you Troy.

The SLS is also a wonderful location to be based for the week. We love the aft facing one over the port facing one. One day hopefully we will be on the same roll call. I would gladly share a drink and good conversation with you. Life is a roller coaster, you just have to roll with it and adapt as best as you can.

Andrew

What an incredible review... Thank you very much for sharing ! :)

Thanks frenchrci for the kind words.

As a car guy I checked out your website for the V Dream Auto Group. Really good setup. I only wish I paid more attention to French in high school as the forum pages look like they should be great. When we were in Paris we did see a few American Classics as well as a couple of modern mustangs. We actually went to see the Raplh Lauren collection, which was very close to the Louvre. What a collection. I hope you got to see it.

When we return to Europe next we are going to ship one of our modern Mustangs over to drive. I would be fun to have to drive and a bit of a mobile car show for those around us. We just have to be carefull of the scooters and motor bikes.:p

Check out these links to a couple of the classics that we have. There are a few others, but no web pages featuring them.

Andrew

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/site2/listing/1966-ford-mustang-convertible/

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/site2/listing/1972-ford-f-250/

Edited by A&L_Ont

"In life, once in a while you get those rare moments of clarity, those flashes when the universe makes sense, and you try desperately to hold on to them. They are the life boats for the darker times, when the vastness of it all, the incomprehensible nature of life is completely illusive. So the question becomes, or should have been all a long... What would you do if you knew you only had one day, or one week, or one month to live. What life boat would you grab on to? Allie taught us to hang onto the things that matter and stop and take that breath of fresh air. Allie taught us to remember the things that we have known our entire lives. Love, Family, Laughter, and Friends.”

All I can say is wow. Thank you for sharing.

Check out these links to a couple of the classics that we have. There are a few others, but no web pages featuring them.

I love it ! They are very very nice ! Incredible work... Colors are absolutely wonderful !

Last week a friend lent me a C6, that one a Saleen S302 25th and next one i will have a Ford GT Heritage (!) for 2 days ! :eek: We do hundreds of rides. If you want to present your cars with a few pics on VDA in English, you can with pleasure ! ;)

If you come in FR, send me a message ! ;)

Thank you another time for your wonderful review !

I agree with Masspector... Reading this, tears became to roll down my chicks... I don't even know what to say... Wow.