A Royal Loft Suite Review onboard Oasis

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow! What a beautiful tribute. Thank you for sharing so much and for allowing us to see into this very private part of your life.

I was looking for pictures of the Royal Loft Suite as someone asked me about it and I ran across your review. I now know there was another reason that I "happened" upon it.

• 1 year later...

I enjoyed your review of this suite. I am very sorry for your loss but I am happy that you and your family have been able to learn what is important from your daughters illness and passing. Life is too short to worry about the bad stuff and wonder about the future, look at today as the biggest gift. This suite looks so amazing and I found it funny that y'all didn't find the fridge in the closet until days in. I bet the hot tub was amazing at night! Thanks for the pictures of a room that I can only dream about seeing one day.

Your welcome and thank you for the kind words. I sometimes look back upon this review and think of the what ifs but one can not live their life like that. It is best to remember the positives and never to forget the negatives.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Andrew,

You have great writing ability. I am so touched by your story. You were blessed with Allie and she with you, Lisa and Owen. Im glad you got to enjoy that beautiful suite. Thanks for sharing your story. I will continue to follow you on your crise on the Allure. I'm sailing in 8 weeks! Enjoy!

Terry

The view from above

This picture was taken from our balcony overlooking a Carnival ship in July 2012 in Saint Martin. This March the same ship was docked beside us again. We departed first, just like last summer, and the cruisers waved any shouted back and forth as always.

Little did they know they weren't departing as this was the Carnival ship that had generator problems and remained in port for a few days. We didn't clearly hear what they were shouting but if we had listened a bit more carefully it might have been for "help".

OK, I am sorry... That was just a bit too easy of a joke. I did feel sorry for them though as we were enjoying our final sea days and they were waiting to get flights home.

IMG_1868_zpsda2e11e3.jpg

I busted out laughing when I read this.

We were on Freedom of the Seaeas that same week, and in St. Marten the day after you. The ship was of course still there and our cruise director joked that night about their predicament.

He said Carnival had asked if we had room on our ship to return some of their passengers to Port Canaveral. We didn't as it was so.d out, but he joked about wanting to stand on the gangway with a no vacancy sign.

Your welcome and thank you for the kind words. I sometimes look back upon this review and think of the what ifs but one can not live their life like that. It is best to remember the positives and never to forget the negatives.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That is so true. we are not meant to live our lives by "what if and should haves". :)

I busted out laughing when I read this.

We were on Freedom of the Seaeas that same week, and in St. Marten the day after you. The ship was of course still there and our cruise director joked that night about their predicament.

He said Carnival had asked if we had room on our ship to return some of their passengers to Port Canaveral. We didn't as it was so.d out, but he joked about wanting to stand on the gangway with a no vacancy sign.

It's sad, but funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow, it was nice to find this thread back this morning and to read it again. It is one of the ones that I never forget.

I agree. It is nice to see it filter to the top every once in a while. I think Allie's story is meant to be shared.

You know when we watched Allure's ice show I kept thinking it's great but it doesn't match the one on Oasis.

Andrew, thank you so much for sharing your amazing story of Allie. I have been following you on b2b Allure, reading you great post as well as viewing your awesome periscopes. I have been so into your periscopes, when I came across your amazing story, it touched me, to the point that cruising left my mind and I was amazed of how your story has changed your view on life. I began to think about how thankful I am & life can be short. You are an amazing writer and I find myself looking for your post daily. I have enjoyed watching Owen, he seems amazing, especially him working at chops...lol. Thank you for your wonderful tribute to Allie. I look forward to following you for the rest of the week. I am cruising Allure May 29th, you review has really helped me a lot.

Edited by fun2bwith_me2

I agree. It is nice to see it filter to the top every once in a while. I think Allie's story is meant to be shared.

You know when we watched Allure's ice show I kept thinking it's great but it doesn't match the one on Oasis.

That is how I felt on Allure also. The sand artist on Oasis brings the show to a completely different level.

Allies's story is not just her story. It is the story of your family and it is a beautiful story. Its impact is never lost on me. I still get just as touched, and teary, as when I read it the first time.

Have a great rest of your cruise with your family.

• 3 months later...

I am so sorry to hear about Allie. You wrote some beautiful words and I am so happy that I came to read this review. You've shared a life lesson that we can all learn from. You have a special family and a very special spirit with you!

I hope that some day I am fortunate enough to sail in the Royal Loft Suite, or any suite on Deck 17. It would be amazing to take my parents and put them in this room with me after all they've done for me. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

I am so sorry to hear about Allie. You wrote some beautiful words and I am so happy that I came to read this review. You've shared a life lesson that we can all learn from. You have a special family and a very special spirit with you!

I hope that some day I am fortunate enough to sail in the Royal Loft Suite, or any suite on Deck 17. It would be amazing to take my parents and put them in this room with me after all they've done for me. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

Thanks Mike.

This review is about a cabin but in reality it is about life. You never know what will happen but you have to make the most of it.

I hope one day that you can take your parents on that trip. It will mean a lot to you and even more to them.

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Andrew, your sweet little Allie made my heart feel so full. I never heard of her condition, so I clicked on the link. God has truly blessed all of you with such a beautiful little girl. I just want to give your family a big hug.

As far as the suite...that's as close to seeing it as I'll ever get (unless I get that Sugar Daddy), so thank you for your review. After five inside cabins, I cannot fathom that kind of space or luxury. But I am willing to try!

Thank you for sending me to this report. :)

• 3 months later...
5 year old post

We know, and we don’t mind.

Andrew, I’m reading your current live review, and when you mentioned Allie and the rainbow in the pictures, I had to find out what happened. This was both a heartbreaking and a heartwarming story. Blessings to you and your family.

Andrew, your sweet little Allie made my heart feel so full. I never heard of her condition, so I clicked on the link. God has truly blessed all of you with such a beautiful little girl. I just want to give your family a big hug.

As far as the suite...that's as close to seeing it as I'll ever get (unless I get that Sugar Daddy), so thank you for your review. After five inside cabins, I cannot fathom that kind of space or luxury. But I am willing to try!

Thank you for sending me to this report. :)

You are most welcome. Find that sugar daddy and make sure he loves cruising.

We know, and we don’t mind.

Andrew, I’m reading your current live review, and when you mentioned Allie and the rainbow in the pictures, I had to find out what happened. This was both a heartbreaking and a heartwarming story. Blessings to you and your family.

Thank you. Both of your kind words mean a lot. Much has changed but she is always with us. When we were in Alaska a month ago we found a dime there. A sign again.

So?

I wasn’t go to say anything but you and luvcruising are right. This review is more than just pictures about a cabin. However, if someone is looking for a review of the cabin it hasn’t structurally changed at all. Yes they have added Star Class but that’s it.

As for the 5 year comment, the individual most likely looked at the date of the original post and that was it. Didn’t even glance at what the review was about. If they had read it that comment would have been the last thing they ever said, either that or they are miserable.