newbie here, looking for advice please

Hi all,

I am going on my first cruise and found this site. What a wealth of information. Thanks to you all for such helpful tips while planning.

I have booked on enchantment for a 4 night cruise on Feb 24th,2014.

Here are a few questions that I have:

1) I booked the early dinner in dining room, 5 of us, now do I specify where I want my table or am I just suppose to take what I get.

2) I keep hearing on here about OBC, can someone explain this and how do you get them.

3) Is there anyway tht a person can see online how booked certain cruises are?

People talk about prices sometimes going down, how do you keep up on this?

That is it for now, but I am sure I will have many more questions as the year progresses.

Thanks,

Regarding your table selection, you want to make sure the bookings are linked so they put you at the same table. You can do this by calling Royal or travel agent if you used one. If you would like a certain location or size of table, you can email your request to [noparse]rcldining@rccl.com[/noparse] 3 or 4 weeks before the cruise. It's not guaranteed that they will be able to fufill your request, but they generally do a good job.

The OBC is on board credit, money to spend on board. Your travel agent offers this. Usually the cruise line only offers such deals when booking a future cruise while on board a sailing. Before there is an uproar, there can be promotions.

Most travel agencies belong to a larger group. If they books a group, all agencies belonging to the association can enjoy the extra perks, free winem picture or on board credit are some options they have to select from. You may get a further discount by booking into a group rather than these other options so don't assume your agent is not giving you what you deserve.

As far as how booked a particular cruise is, no you can't tell except if you see the prices going up, the ship is filling up (more likely than not.)

Clarea,

Thanks for that info. I will take your advice closer to our sail date.

mc Cruiser,

Unfortunately I did not use a travel agent. I only found this site after booking so didn't realize the advantages of using one. Live and learn.

OBC can come from many different places.

We have a Royal Caribbean Visa and we earn points. You can redeem them for money off of your cruise or OBC.

When you go on a cruise you can book a next cruise certificate. It isn't an actual cruise but a promise to go on one later. You put down $100 and when you are ready to book they take $100 off the price and give you $100 OBC to use any way you want. (your seapass card charges, like drinks, souvenirs, gratuities, etc). You also get 2 friends and family certificates. If someone books a cruise with you they get the OBC also.

I am sure there are more ways but I am at a loss to think of them :o. Anyone else??

We always book thru rccl.com that way you own your reservation. If you go thru a TA rccl will not touch it. Happy Cruising

...I am sure there are more ways but I am at a loss to think of them :o. Anyone else??...

OBC can also come from owning 100 shares of Royal stock, WOW sale, or a travel agent.

OBC can come from many different places.

We have a Royal Caribbean Visa and we earn points. You can redeem them for money off of your cruise or OBC.

When you go on a cruise you can book a next cruise certificate. It isn't an actual cruise but a promise to go on one later. You put down $100 and when you are ready to book they take $100 off the price and give you $100 OBC to use any way you want. (your seapass card charges, like drinks, souvenirs, gratuities, etc). You also get 2 friends and family certificates. If someone books a cruise with you they get the OBC also.

I am sure there are more ways but I am at a loss to think of them :o. Anyone else??

We always book thru rccl.com that way you own your reservation. If you go thru a TA rccl will not touch it. Happy Cruising

You don't get friends and family certificates as part of the Next Cruise Booking any longer but you can transfer the one you buy into somebody else's name if you want to.

:-)

Thank you I didn't want the OP thinking that a TA was the only way to get OBC :). I probably should think about buying some stock :rolleyes:

Shareholder benefit used to be combinable with other benefits, but not anymore. About the only time I use it is if we're booked in an OV on a 3/4/5 day cruise where it gives $50 OBC instead of the $25 you get from the booking on board.

Hi all,

2) I keep hearing on here about OBC, can someone explain this and how do you get them.

Thanks,

If you have booked your cruise in the last 60 days it is still possible to transfer your reservation to a travel agent that is offering some perks, such as on board credit, dinner at a specialty restaurant, spa etc. We have done this in the past but there is now a time limit of how long you have to do this. If you do be sure to know the agent you choose may charge fees if you make any changes or cancel get all the facts up front.

lyban, one thing I did want to mention since this is your first cruise, and if you haven't done so already, log into Royal Caribbean and there you will see your booking # click on the booking number link and to your right on the next page you will see the words, Online Checkin. This is where you will fill out the information for yourself and roomate, such as contact numbers for emergency, Passport information etc. There is a little box where you indicate which passenger the information is for. Once you have all your information in and Onboard account filled, there will be a Green check Mark and showing Complete. Upon final payment, you will be able to print out your Set Sail Pass, bring this with you , DL, Passport for checkin. Closer in you can print out your luggage tags from your documents.

.................As far as how booked a particular cruise is, no you can't tell except if you see the prices going up, the ship is filling up (more likely than not.)

Not necessarily true. Go to a site called Sea Scanner dot Com (without the spaces) and do a search for your particular cruise. Click on "Availability", and it will show you a list of all the classes of cabins available. Look at each category, and it will show you how many cabins in each class are still empty.

That's how you can tell how full or not any particular cruise is.

Hope This Helps.

Thanks again to everyone, your info. is much appreciated since I am new.

DHADEN: THat site sounds good.

I have so much to absorb since coming on here, what am amazing amount of info for newbies like me.

OIff to do more reading.

:)

Archived