The Subject comes up again and again......

sail7seas

I love the response a bartender gave me when I asked if it was acceptable to leave with my drink. He said "It is your vacation madame, you may do as you wish". :)

I think we were told basically the same thing on one of our very first cruises. I can't say we always carry unfinished drinks, be they cocktails or wine, with us into the MDR but we don't think twice about it if we do. Now these are all drinks we've gotten at a bar on the ship and not from a private stock in our cabin. That I would never do.

Wow. We have the fashion police who think they are the only ones who know how to dress. And now we have the wine police. I can just see these poor souls lurking behind posts to be sure that the wine glass meets with their approval. Be afraid.....

Would not carry drink or wine to the diningroom. But obviously many feel differently. We usually buy wine by the bottle - either on board or in port.

We also order our wine by the bottle from the wine list.

I was asking about a glass of wine poured for me at parties to which we are invited. I often do not finish it and when we leave for dinner, I feel awkward about taking it with me but sometimes it is actually a wine I enjoy (not from the customary tray being passed) and I would enjoy finishing it. ;)

May I suggest:

winesday-615x405-580x400.jpg

Fabulous.

Where can I get a wine glass like THOSE glasses.

Now,,,,,, there's a Mariner perk I wouldn't mind. Wine poured for four and five stars in those glasses. :D

(I like Anderson Cooper. :) )

I see nothing wrong with carrying a glass of wine into dinner.

We often go back to our room after dinner and before the show. We fix up a nice mixed drink and carry it to the showroom, returning with the empty glass.

I don't really think it's anyone's business as to where we got the drink. Our only obligation is to not spill it on another guest....

I don't really think it's anyone's business as to where we got the drink. Our only obligation is to not spill it on another guest....

It is HAL's business and is stated in their policies. Do I look for - or would I even notice - if someone did it on a cruise? No. But when the topic is raised here I may state my opinion.

Just curious ...... are the wine glasses provided in one's cabin the same as those used in the bars onboard? If they are, how would anyone know where you were bringing your glass of wine from?

Just curious ...... are the wine glasses provided in one's cabin the same as those used in the bars onboard? If they are, how would anyone know where you were bringing your glass of wine from?

I don't know if it's still true but it used to be that the wine glasses in the MDR were Riedel crystal and the ones in the cabins were smaller plain glass. Not sure about the bars' wine glasses. I know, because they told me, my next door cabin neighbors on the Volendam a few years ago had brought they own scotch on board and got two bar glasses from one of the bars so they could make their own drinks and carry them around the ship without being noticed....their words not mine.

glasses are not the same

The glasses may not be the same, but I doubt that most people can tell them apart.

A few times, when the glasses in my room have not been replenished, I've simply gone to one of the bars and asked for more. Never been a problem. One of the times I asked, the bar tender came back with a tray with two each of four different sizes of wine glasses and two regular glasses. He got a tip when we disembarked!

I am one of those who has no problem carrying a glass of wine from one place to another ... including from my cabin ... I would do that with any drink that had been poured for me ...

I see nothing wrong with carrying a glass of wine into dinner.

We often go back to our room after dinner and before the show. We fix up a nice mixed drink and carry it to the showroom, returning with the empty glass.

I don't know if it's still true but it used to be that the wine glasses in the MDR were Riedel crystal and the ones in the cabins were smaller plain glass. Not sure about the bars' wine glasses. I know, because they told me, my next door cabin neighbors on the Volendam a few years ago had brought they own scotch on board and got two bar glasses from one of the bars so they could make their own drinks and carry them around the ship without being noticed....their words not mine.

I absolutely love it! I mentioned in another thread that this all was common practice on HAL, but was told that I was making untrue assumptions and didn't know what I was talking about. After all, HAL passengers are much too sophisticated to stoop to such nefarious activities.

LMAO

We wouldn't be so concerned what others thought about us..if we realized how seldom they do.

It would never occur to me to care about the source of anyone's wine glass....nor would I care, should they happen to care, about the source of mine.;)

my next door cabin neighbors on the Volendam a few years ago had brought they own scotch on board and got two bar glasses from one of the bars so they could make their own drinks and carry them around the ship without being noticed....their words not mine.

I would definitely take that with a grain of salt.

I would definitely take that with a grain of salt.

Well they were very open about it with us and since we really were in just the next cabin they invited us in for a drink....if we liked scotch. I know by the end of the cruise the wife was in hyper drive to finish off all the scotch before we got back to Ft Lauderdale and came to dinner, with scotch drink in hand, a little more potted every night. At first it was funny but unfortunately she got a little more vocal as the nights passed and it became a bit uncomfortable. :) The reality is that they may have very well bought a bottle through the ship for cabin consumption but then again they lived in Florida and I know from sharing a table for four with them that they brought at least 9+ bottles of wine with them.

Archived