Laundry plans on Holland America

oswaldjacoby

When and how do we "purchase" the 49/week package so we can start using it immediately? We will be in need of laundry service right away.

There is the laundry bag and a form in your cabin. At the bottom of the form, you can tick off the box for the unlimited laundry. The other choices are by the bag or by the item (extremely pricey). Put the bag with the completed form on the bed and the steward will take it when he is next in your cabin. We've sent our laundry out that first evening; they took it while we were at dinner when they did the turndown service.

Does anyone know what type of detergent is used to launder the clothes? I use the allergen free stuff at home and double rinse in order to prevent dermatitis.

Has anyone had issues with this? I guess we could always wash underwear by hand to avoid the harsh soaps.

It is made by Ecolabe a commerical co.

HAL also has the Laundry By The Bag deal -- $20 per bag for as much as you can stuff in it.

When you use the laundry by the bag, do the clothes come back wrinkled or are they pressed or just folded or on hangers? I used it on another line and they can back looking pretty rough, so on my last few HAL cruises, I have paid by the piece and asked for them to be pressed. I will be on a 30 day cruise next year and am looking for he best bargain for laundry. Thanks for any thoughts. It would be a much cheaper way to go!

When you use the laundry by the bag, do the clothes come back wrinkled or are they pressed or just folded or on hangers? I used it on another line and they can back looking pretty rough, so on my last few HAL cruises, I have paid by the piece and asked for them to be pressed. I will be on a 30 day cruise next year and am looking for he best bargain for laundry. Thanks for any thoughts. It would be a much cheaper way to go!

Please disregard my previous post. I found my answer by reading through this thread. Duh. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Can "on-board credit" be used for the laundry expense?

If you're sending your laundry out, to be done by HAL, then yes, the charge for the laundry can be offset by your on board credits.

If you are doing your laundry yourself, then the on board credits can't be accessed to put in the machines.

Archived