Princess@Sea

sherryf

I was just looking at the pre-cruise entertainment email from Princess via my Cruise Personalizer, and noticed the following, way down at the bottom in the corner:

You can also take advantage of Princess@Sea once onboard, our new FREE service available on your smartphone or tablet that allows you access events, venue & port information as well as your stateroom account!

I know that this is new on the Royal, but I hadn't heard that is has been implemented on other ships. We will be on the Star Princess on July 20 and would love it if we had this on board. Anyone know if this is correct??

An email for our upcoming Coral Princess cruise states that it's available onboard.

Very nice to see that people are actually getting notified that it is being setup on ships other than the Royal.

Very nice to see that people are actually getting notified that it is being setup on ships other than the Royal.

While it is in the email, it is at the very bottom in the corner and would probably be missed by most people. :rolleyes:

I sure hope we have it on our sailing. I hate folding up the Patter and trying to fit it in my pockets (or my tiny evening bag) all the time. If I give it to DH to carry, I have to keep asking him for it. I always carry my iPhone, even when I have it in airplane mode on the ship. I feel naked without it.

Heard from a passenger on the Royal that she asked the Internet Manager how to set it up and he didn't know. That concerns me, as I really look forward to using this feature. Hope the bugs are out before I board in September.

Heard from a passenger on the Royal that she asked the Internet Manager how to set it up and he didn't know. That concerns me, as I really look forward to using this feature. Hope the bugs are out before I board in September.

I read the same post & it would be shocking to me that the Internet manager would not know how to set it up. My experience has been that the manager isn't always there & the person is at times another crewmember. I hope to have a better experience on the Coral next week.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I read the same post & it would be shocking to me that the Internet manager would not know how to set it up. My experience has been that the manager isn't always there & the person is at times another crewmember. I hope to have a better experience on the Coral next week.

On our Alaska sailing last month on the Grand I also asked the internet manager about it...no help.

I suspect the internet mgr knows how to set it up, but claims ignorance so he/she doesn't have to spend the whole cruise setting up lap tops. Probably the "smart" thing for him/her to do.

Next cruise ask the CD if he would please schedule learning sessions.

Or better yet, print the procedure in the day one Patters.

Edited by Stevesan

I was just looking at the pre-cruise entertainment email from Princess via my Cruise Personalizer, and noticed the following, way down at the bottom in the corner:

You can also take advantage of Princess@Sea once onboard, our new FREE service available on your smartphone or tablet that allows you access events, venue & port information as well as your stateroom account!

I know that this is new on the Royal, but I hadn't heard that is has been implemented on other ships. We will be on the Star Princess on July 20 and would love it if we had this on board. Anyone know if this is correct??

I got the email as well...was excited...but when I checked with the front desk on the Sapphire...no clue whatsoever. I did not go to the internet room to verify that it was up running/available....probably should have....but the passion of Alaska overtook me and I forgot about it.

Hope it is rolled out - would like to have on my Crown cruise in January.

John in NC

I wonder how many people will accidently incur roaming and data

charges that they are not expecting...

I wonder how many people will accidently incur roaming and data

charges that they are not expecting...

It' supposed to connect via free onboard WiFi. The WiFi won't be for Internet connectivity - only for Princess@Sea. Any Internet connectivity is a different connection. I don't believe you can connect to Princess@Sea using a "regular" data connection.

It' supposed to connect via free onboard WiFi. The WiFi won't be for Internet connectivity - only for Princess@Sea. Any Internet connectivity is a different connection. I don't believe you can connect to Princess@Sea using a "regular" data connection.

Right, but ... previously you had people who turned their phones

off to avoid any charges. Now people will want to turn their phones

on for princess@sea.

With one of my phones, it will start grabbing data as soon as it's

turned on. You have to have remembered to put it in 'airplane mode'

before you turn it off.

Right, but ... previously you had people who turned their phones

off to avoid any charges. Now people will want to turn their phones

on for princess@sea.

With one of my phones, it will start grabbing data as soon as it's

turned on. You have to have remembered to put it in 'airplane mode'

before you turn it off.

That's a great point & hopefully not many will be confused & sign in to their ship's account thinking that's how to access Princess@Sea. :eek:

I sail on the Golden next Sunday and haven't found anything in emails and online on this topic...plz direct me to the right place :)

It was in the email we received 2 weeks before sailing with the CD's info & it was in the lower righthand corner. You can also view your pre-cruise emails from your Cruise Personalizer.

Is the Princess@Sea something that I have to wait to download when I'm on the ship or can I download it now. I'm on a BVE on the Grand next month and I will ask while I'm on board.

Tom:)

I suspect the internet mgr knows how to set it up, but claims ignorance so he/she doesn't have to spend the whole cruise setting up lap tops. Probably the "smart" thing for him/her to do.

Next cruise ask the CD if he would please schedule learning sessions.

Or better yet, print the procedure in the day one Patters.

Princess is a step ahead.

I received this link in a Princess e-mail.

http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlJRSOfj6Da49ERzRIb.h0wP4g25iIAPj

Edited by Stevesan

Just got the following email from Princess. So nice of them to clear that up the day before I sail. Oh well, I will carry my folded up Patter in my pocket as usual and still have a wonderful cruise!

Recently you were sent a pre-cruise email with information on what to expect onboard your upcoming cruise. Included in that email was a note about our new onboard Princess@Sea service, offering free information on venues and daily events to your mobile device. While this service has been launched on Royal Princess®, and we do have plans to roll the service out to our entire fleet, it will not be available in time for your upcoming cruise.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and hope you have a wonderful time on your upcoming sailing with Princess Cruises®!

Just got the following email from Princess. So nice of them to clear that up the day before I sail. Oh well, I will carry my folded up Patter in my pocket as usual and still have a wonderful cruise!

It probably takes up no more space than your mobile device would.

[/indent]It probably takes up no more space than your mobile device would.

LOL! Not only that, you don't have to charge it and it won't break if you drop it. If you lose it, you can get another at the PSD for no charge! You can also give it to someone and not worry about getting it back. This could go on and on ....

[/i]

Have a great cruise Sherry!

We will be behind you by 30 days on The Golden again.

Mike:)

Just take a picture of the patter with your iPhone.