Do I need hard copies of reservations, waivers, etc?

I have searched the forums but I can't find the answer to this somewhat silly question :o . . . do we need to print & take hard copies of our Onboard Activities Waivers, show reservations, MTD reservations and Premium Beverage package receipt or will that all be listed on our account/sea pass card? I know it sounds like a trivial question but I'd rather not carry a bunch of paperwork I don't need. We are going on our first cruise, Oasis of the Seas, July 27th :).

I have searched the forums but I can't find the answer to this somewhat silly question :o . . . do we need to print & take hard copies of our Onboard Activities Waivers, show reservations, MTD reservations and Premium Beverage package receipt or will that all be listed on our account/sea pass card? I know it sounds like a trivial question but I'd rather not carry a bunch of paperwork I don't need. We are going on our first cruise, Oasis of the Seas, July 27th :).
You may need it if a mistake is made. I don't take the paper but upload it to a "cloud".

I would take paper receipts/confirmations of anything that you purchased.

Thanks folks! :)

I print EVERYTHING as I go along and have just been watching my stack of paper get thicker & thicker :eek:. I guess I just needed confirmation that this is the way to do it. Y'all are right. Better safe then sorry.

I print EVERYTHING as I go along and have just been watching my stack of paper get thicker & thicker :eek:. I guess I just needed confirmation that this is the way to do it. Y'all are right. Better safe then sorry.

That is ONE way to do it. But it's not at all necessary.

I have everything stored digitally on my phone. I never print anything up. Not even my set sail pass. I show up with my passport and my credit card, and I'm good to go.

On our Oasis cruise, we had the Set Sail pass printed, and the receipt for our (non RCI) excursion. Everything else (MTD reservations, show reservations, etc) I made into a PDF and loaded it onto my Kindle, AND stored it on my Google Drive (backup).

Print out or PDF, I would have something to show what you have paid for just in case there is some bull about something not showing up on the computer. When I pay for it on the web site, I print out the confirmation receipt right then and they always email the confirmation to my email address provided which I access on my iphone. I have every confirmation saved on the iphone.

In the past I've had problems with onboard credit amounts not showing to my account, purchased gifts not arriving, beverage package not showing, and a specialty dinner reservation that I booked online and paid for not showing. I bring paper copies of everything in case I need them.

I print EVERYTHING as I go along and have just been watching my stack of paper get thicker & thicker :eek:.

We do not print any of that stuff and have never needed it on any cruise ship.

Just save all our cruise documents in a folder right on the computer where they are all together and easy to access.

There is no good reason to load down our suitcases with stacks of paper that will only end up in the trash.

If in doubt as to whether you will need any of it on the cruise, you can just email copies to yourself right before leaving for the cruise, or upload it to the "cloud" as mentioned.

Or else bring copies on any type of electronic storage device you may be bringing along, (if you bring one at all, which not everybody does).

That way you have peace of mind knowing that you can always have access to the documents if needed without having to bring along bulky papers, but most likely you will not have any need for them at all.

I always make a travel binder with all my travel information. That includes hotels, rental cars, airline reservations, set sail passes, shore excursion confirmations, OBC confirmations, travel insurance information and anything else I feel is important. It helps if something goes wrong or a reservation does not show up. I do this for both land trips and cruises.

In the past I've had problems with onboard credit amounts not showing to my account, purchased gifts not arriving, beverage package not showing, and a specialty dinner reservation that I booked online and paid for not showing. I bring paper copies of everything in case I need them.

Exactly! Better Safe than sorry and it will help with not having to have a big argument with Customer Service on the ship if they are able to see your confimrations you have with you. I mentioned in my previous post of what I save on my phone. I have everything associated with the trip including hotel reservations, car rental reservation, etc. Once I am checked in and services have been renedered according to the resrvation, I then delete them from my phone.

I always make a travel binder with all my travel information. That includes hotels, rental cars, airline reservations, set sail passes, shore excursion confirmations, OBC confirmations, travel insurance information and anything else I feel is important. It helps if something goes wrong or a reservation does not show up. I do this for both land trips and cruises.

You were one post before me with the same thing....Great Minds Think Alike! :rolleyes:

Another here that has a folder with everything in it. I try to consolidate where I can (print off the calendar from RC website with all on it) and only bring those things with reservations or $$ applied to them. Once I get past the "event" the paper goes out.

While I do bring my phone with me, it gets shut off as soon as we board the ship and would be more trouble, to me, to pull it out then a few papers. Also, I have had to give someone my paper copy for them to confirm. No way I am handing over my phone or other electronic device.

To the OP, no need to bring the waivers. If they don't have it just fill out another one, it probably would take less time than getting your copy or having them look it up. As to the person saying you need to sign waivers, not on Allure/Oasis. They are all electronic and can be done before the cruise, no physical signing needed.

I used to do the binder, but that got pretty heavy, so I found these folders, each with several pockets and label them for Flights, Hotel, Tours, Documents.Once I am done, they get tossed. I am not verty tech savy with Iphones, IPads to know how to store things on them.

Just sailed July 6th Oasis. No need to print waivers they are all saved online for crew to pull up on their computers. I would recommend printing out your show reservations list or just write it down somewhere just so that you know what you have booked and when. It's all on their computers, and on your tv, but not easy to view.

I've never bothered with binders for papers, but I do bring copies of my confirmations and throw them away once they aren't needed. Guest relations asked me to provide a paper copy of my confirmation for my OBC and a gift that didn't arrive. It was nice to have the paper already in-hand and let them run a copy of it. Otherwise, I would have had to go to the internet cafe, waste internet minutes downloading a copy, printing it (assuming the printer is fuctional and has paper), then returning to guest relations to stand in line again.

I print my confirmations for hotels, excursions, and rental cars, too. Good thing because I ran into a problem July 4th weekend with the rental car rate they had listed not matching my confirmed rate. They wanted a printed copy of my confirmation to attach to their copy of the contract to explain why my rate was lowered.

I am not going to pay a lot onboard to get onto the computers to get the printouts of the confirmations when a problem exists. Those computers are very slow and I've actually had problems with trying to print something from a saved e-mail or some other confirmation onboard. It's better to have them in a binder that is reuseable and know that if a problem exists, I have the paper to show I purchased something or have OBC. I recycle the papers once I am home, unless there is something that could be used for identity theft and then it is shredded. I don't print out the cruise documents as they are not needed. As for using a phone, my phone does not work in foreign countries or onboard without huge fees.

Archived