Noon Flight from Houston Hobby

swscruiser

I hope not. I have a noon return flight booked for our Triumph cruise this month. Rolling the dice with carnival transfers as well. We are planning on doing self assist and hopefully will be getting on the first bus back to Hobby.

I hope not. I have a noon return flight booked for our Triumph cruise this month. Rolling the dice with carnival transfers as well. We are planning on doing self assist and hopefully will be getting on the first bus back to Hobby.

Check back in when you return let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Shelley

There's always the risk that your ship is delayed in returning to port or that there is a US Custom's inspection that has to be carrie dout before debarking can occur.

If you self assist in debarking you can leave the ship at your convenience once they start debarking. This works best with all carry on (you lug your own) You can also check at Guest Services the day before debarking and try to get a low debarking zone like 1 or 2 or even 3. They typically do this for early flights. Unless there's early morning construction on I-45 ( and I don't think the Grand Parkway work affects is segment), you should be able to make it from Galveston to Hobby in around an hour, or less.

It probably won't be a problem even with a Carnival transfer, but having cruised from Galveston 12 times I would feel more comfortable doing self assist off the ship and grabbing a taxi or taxi van if your party is larger.

I drive to that port, and do Platinum self assist, so most of the time I'm off the ship by 7:45 and passing the Houston Hobby exit by 8:45ish.

I would rather get off the ship as early as possible, avoid the crowds of a Carnival transfer when getting checked in at the airport, then have a nice leisurely breakfast at the airport and settle in with my Kindle.

I am surprised that they will sell you a transfer with a noon flight. I know on other cruise lines if your flight does not fit within the parameters you can't book a cruise line transfer.

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-transfers/galveston.aspx

This indicates that the earliest flight from either Houston airport is 1:30pm.

I would do self assist and arrange private transportation rather than wait for the bus to fill up.

Is a Noon Flight too early after returning to Galveston on the Triumph? Thursday Oct 31 if day and date might make a difference.

Thanks,

Shelley

We are platinum and plan to carry our luggage off, also will take a taxi.

Thanks,

Shelley

I was looking at a 12:30 flight but I have toddlers so do not want to do self assist- It is too hard manhandling kids and luggage. Has anyone tried to make a flight getting early disembarkation but not lugging your own luggage?

I am in a party of 6 so would a taxi van be better/ cheaper then a shuttle service since I can just grab someone as soon as we disembark? Anyone know what a taxi van ( or two taxis) costs?

I am surprised that they will sell you a transfer with a noon flight. I know on other cruise lines if your flight does not fit within the parameters you can't book a cruise line transfer.

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-transfers/galveston.aspx

This indicates that the earliest flight from either Houston airport is 1:30pm.

I would do self assist and arrange private transportation rather than wait for the bus to fill up.

I agree with DebJ14. I wouldn't book a flight before 1:30 PM. Yes, you might make an earlier flight, but do you really want the stress at the end of your cruise?

JMHO,

There's always the risk that your ship is delayed in returning to port or that there is a US Custom's inspection that has to be carrie dout before debarking can occur.

If you self assist in debarking you can leave the ship at your convenience once they start debarking. This works best with all carry on (you lug your own) You can also check at Guest Services the day before debarking and try to get a low debarking zone like 1 or 2 or even 3. They typically do this for early flights. Unless there's early morning construction on I-45 ( and I don't think the Grand Parkway work affects is segment), you should be able to make it from Galveston to Hobby in around an hour, or less.

Any construction on I 45 south at present time according to texas highway dept

Will have 6 lanes open st all times during days.

• 3 weeks later...
Check back in when you return let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Shelley

Our July 25th cruise got delayed due to a crew member passing away so we didn't get back to Galveston until about 1:30pm. I was able to change to a 5:00pm flight that we made using self assist and carnival transfers. Was nice sleeping in on debarkation day.

Archived