Freedom Rooms

We are currently booked on FOS in 2 E1 balcony rooms. We are looking to change to a D1 connecting to an interior room. These are limited, but are $878 cheaper. Anyone ever seen these rooms? Would you switch? We would put our 2 children in the interior with my husband and I in the balcony.

I have a related question: we are booked on the FOS in a D1 category triple cabin. It doesn't look like it has a pull down bunk ( which we prefer). Does the E1 have that option?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are currently booked on FOS in 2 E1 balcony rooms. We are looking to change to a D1 connecting to an interior room. These are limited, but are $878 cheaper. Anyone ever seen these rooms? Would you switch? We would put our 2 children in the interior with my husband and I in the balcony.

I'd switch. The kids are probably not going to miss their own balcony, and you saving a significant amount of cash.

Is this on deck 9? If so YES!!! I wanted to book those for our next cruise (perfect for a family!) but we ended up switching ships.

Thank you for the advice. We made the switch. I'll feel better sleeping at night knowing my 2 (13) year old kids aren't sneaking out on their own balcony! Plus, we saved $630 once we added the cruise insurance.

Thank you for the advice. We made the switch. I'll feel better sleeping at night knowing my 2 (13) year old kids aren't sneaking out on their own balcony! Plus, we saved $630 once we added the cruise insurance.

Just want to echo the other comments and agree that you made a good choice. We did that quite often when our kids were younger with the balcony / across the hall inside combination. Then we tried the balcony / promenade room combination as well, which they really like (on the ships that have those) - which we still do when they cruise with us.

I believe we were in a D1 on FOS. 8412 AFT?

I think I know where you are talking about. I would go for it. Cheaper-YES!!!!!!!:eek:

As you head AFT, the balcony rooms come to an end, but right next door is an inside. Is that it?

I would go for it. Send me message if you want to see my D1 AFT pics

Seawatch, my 11 year old slept on the pullman over our head. He is 13 now and we would still put him up there. D1s do have the pullman bed. The D1 triple is great. You child can sleep on the pull out if you want, but we wanted the room wo he used the pullman. You can keep your room. it is fine

I have a related question: we are booked on the FOS in a D1 category triple cabin. It doesn't look like it has a pull down bunk ( which we prefer). Does the E1 have that option?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Generally, D1's and E1's on that class of ship have either Pullmans or sleeper sofas, and D2's and E2's don't. Look for a triangle or an asterisk on the deck plans. a triangle means it has a sleeper sofa and an asterisk means it has a Pullman.

Archived