NFL in October

My husband and I will be sailing on the Allure on October 6th. We are Houston Texans fans. Do they have places on the ship to view Sunday and Monday night football?

The Sunday afternoon and evening games on CBS, Fox, and NBC (national games only, not regional broadcasts, for the afternoon games) and Monday night football's games should be available during your cruise. They should be carried on any and all of the tvs in the various lounges as well as on your stateroom TV. You will not necessarily see the Texans games but there will be NFL games to watch.

You might have guessed that I love football... (look to the upper left)

My experience has been quite the poster above me, but I've seen this:

Sunday night football, Monday night football, Thursday night football - in sports bar, over jumbo pool screen (both on ships where they have them)

Sunday prime time games - sports bar was playing TWO of them of Liberty, the pool had the most popular game on. You will be in luck if you are a Steelers or Pats fan by the pool.

If you like that other football... AKA soccer... they seem to only play the biggest, most popular games on the pool screen. ManU, whoever else is popular. I have heard a few complaints from my equals (fans of unpopular teams) who enjoy soccer about that.

Realistically, that's life. The more bandwagon fans you have, the more likely you get the big screen.

We are doing a TA on the Legend from Oct 30- Nov 12. I know that DH will be missing football by the end of the cruise. :p I hope there will be a few games on. While he is a Redskins fan [i do not expect them to be on] it would be great to have a couple of games on.

We have not found that many games to be broadcast. Even on US based cruises we see more soccer. ESPN has been the best source.

While he is a Redskins fan [i do not expect them to be on] it would be great to have a couple of games on.

We were on Adventure last year for Thanksgiving and they showed Redskins! It was nice ... p.s. we're huge Redskin fans too.

When I was in the Vision last year, I tried to watch a game in my cabin. They took a wide screen video, cut it to fit on the old TVs but then took that video and stretched it to fit back onto a wide screen TV that some of the cabins had. I was missing so much of the game, I gave up.

At least the Allure should have all wide screen TVs.

Good luck on seeing your game,

Don

FWIW, if I were crazy about something on TV, I would make sure the TiVo was set and had plenty of free space.

The odds with sports not being spoiled is really high. I suppose it might by less on a cruise ship where no one knows you are a _____ fan, but still high.

Archived