Do you prefer a boardwalk/Central Park View from you Balcony on Allure or Oceanview?

I guess it all depends on what you are looking for in a balcony. If you want a changing view and the peace and quiet of the sea you can get an ocean view cabin. If you want a beautiful, peaceful but stationary view you can get a central park park. If you are up for the noise, hanging laundry and the occasional view of rear ends sailing by above you you can get a boardwalk cabin. :p

We have done both and it is a toss up. The CP was quieter and peaceful and just perfect for our cruise in April on the Allure. We needed to just kick back this cruise. But the BW three years ago was fun. It was nice seeing out the back and seeing the ocean and having a great view of the Aqua Theatre. But as others have stated there is a price difference. . Plus our walk to our cabin since it was near to the end was LONG.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Oceanview definitely. Although it's nice to people watch from the boardwalk balconies...but that damn bell that they ring for the carousel every 5 minutes can get frustrating if you are trying to get in a mid day nap. Central Park balconies where my parents stayed gets VERY hot because there is not much air circulation since it is in the middle of the ship. Unless you go in the winter months..this could be good. It is very tranquil and beautiful at night. But my vote is also for the oceanview!

In April it was not hot at all. We had wonderful breezes. But coming off a long and horrible winter, may have had an effect on our outlook.

Hi. I'm looking into going on the Allure of the Seas. Do you prefer a boardwalk/Central Park View from you Balcony on Allure or Oceanview? Is it weird looking off your balcony and seeing all the people walk by?

Thanks

If this is your first cruise with a balcony or if you rarely cruise, ocean view is pretty hard to beat for relaxation.

For us, on any other ship, ocean view all the way.

But . . .

We just kind of lucked out the first time we sailed on Oasis (Allure's sister) and got a great rate on a balcony overlooking the boardwalk. I just wanted to get us on the new ship as cheaply as I could and used our C&A balcony discount. We were second fom the end overlooking the Boardwalk. It was fantastic. We have since been on Oasis two more times and Allure once, each time in the farthest aft Boardwalk balcony. Cabins ##329 to be exact (11329 personal favorite). I have been reading on CC and the cat's out of the bag on these great cabins. Any level, last three (or so) are good - end the best. You have a view of all the shows, the ocean & wake, the nuts walking around, people being active, while you sip your drinks. :D You do give up privacy, though. Another downside for some is the location that far back on a great big ship. It is a pretty good walk to anywhere, but we kind of like that part, too.

On other RCI ships we prefer balcony (JS) mid-ship or aft if available. Love the extra space and big bathroom. But we gave it up on the big ships because of the fun we have watching the world go by from our perch high above.

Oceanview Balcony.

We love the sound and the smell of the ocean and sitting out on the balcony with a beverage is the most relaxing thing I can think of in life. :D For us it's our own little piece of heaven.

Edited by Havin'fun

Had a ocean balcony on the Oasis loved it. Reserved a central pk balcony on Allure for Sept 22 2013 but.When price on ocean balcony came down had reservation changed to ocean. On RCL ships you have a tendency to look inwards ie the promenade, central pk etc. Want to sea the sea more so outside balcony makes sense.If no ocean balcony would do a central pk balcony.

To each their own, of course.

If money is no object, then I think the majority of cruisers would choose the oceanview balcony. More privacy, can listen to the ocean as you fall asleep if you like. No worries about people catching you in various states of undress. Can put your wet clothes out there to dry and nobody would be the wiser (even though the sign on the door says to not do so).

Boardwalk balcony, especially towards the aft does give you a view of the aqua theater. But if you wanted to watch the show from the balcony and not from a regular seat, then you could just go to one of the little known "private" balconies on several of the decks as mentioned above. I never saw anyone sitting out on their boardwalk balconies, but of course I'm not standing in the boardwalk all day. Pretty much all I saw out in those balconies was lots of drying laundry.

Central Park looked neat, but I imagine after a day it would get old. Same issues with privacy as Boardwalk. But I did see a few people sitting outside enjoying the violin or guitar playing down below. Seemed a bit stuffier in Central Park than in the Boardwalk area.

YMMV with whatever you choose. Just going on Oasis is a treat in itself, I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter what room you choose!

Yes to each their own. We have had OV balconies on a number of cruises, but don't need one. We live near the ocean so it is not a novelty. We also have enjoyed a Promenade cabin 3 times.

Hi. I'm looking into going on the Allure of the Seas. Do you prefer a boardwalk/Central Park View from you Balcony on Allure or Oceanview? Is it weird looking off your balcony and seeing all the people walk by?

Thanks

I had a Central Park balcony on the Oasis and I booked a Central Park balcony for my upcoming Allure cruise. It is an opportunity for a different experience than the ocean-view balcony which I usually book on other ships.

You won't see people walking by your balcony, but you can look across the open space into the balconies of other passengers, and they can see your balcony too. At night, you can see into the inside of the cabins if the lights are on and the drapes are open. So, it is not as private as the ocean-view balconies.

The Boardwalk tends to be a bit noisier than Central Park because of the Aqua shows (practices and performances). There have also been complaints regarding soot residue on the Boardwalk balconies towards the back.

Also, Central Park locations usually cost less for the same category.

Ocean view balcony is definitely preferred but not worth (in my opinion) the extra $800.00 to $900.00 premium over a Central Park view balcony. On the Oasis and Allure, the CP balcony is quite nice, especially in the evening when musicians are playing. It's a great place to have a beer and people-watch too!

For most Allure and Oasis sailings that I have priced recently, the CP and Boardwalk balconies were almost as expensive as the lowest price ocean view balconies (D7 and D8). The price difference in most cases was maybe $200-$300 per cabin (not per person) at most.

I really would love the aft boardwalk balcony to be able to watch shows and see out the back of the ship to the ocean, but as I mentioned before, the huge negative for me is the very long walk to everything else. Even to get down to the Boardwalk right below you, you have to walk all the way to the elevators and then back aft.

While Oceanview is NICER, Central Park is significantly CHEAPER!

Our preference is an oceanview balcony with an inside cabin across the hall for our daughters. However, on Allure, the CP balcony was actually cheaper than an inside (because we were able to apply the C&A balcony discount).

I have to admit that the CP balcony was a lot nicer than I thought it would be, and for the price we paid, it was significantly better than an inside.

Your best bet is take a look at pictures posted of views from Central Park and the Boardwalk and try to imagine what you would like. My family had Boardwalk Balcony 9727 last year and we really loved it. You could people watch, see the zipliners, rock climbers and the shows. One afternoon we had a great time looking at a practice session for the Aquatheatre show. I enjoy aft cabins and this category allowed me to enjoy the view of the ship's wake. We were also able to watch a football playoff game on the large screens in the Aquatheatre.

This year, I had saved up for a D1 or a Junior Suite. My family voted to go back the boardwalk. We have 11329 booked so that we can take more advantage of the semi-private aft deck.

• 9 months later...

I stayed in 10717 boardwalk, and very happy. Great ocean view, plenty of actions, yet so quiet once you close the balcony.

Central Park is beautiful, but too dull for me.

Sent using Tapatalk. Sorry for typho.

Edited by anandaindonesia

We have always had an ocean view balcony but opted for the boardwalk view on this ship. We loved have a view of the ocean and the comings and goings of the boardwalk below!

Our balcony was covered as it was more forward so when it rained we stayed dry!

Beware the some of the aqua shows are late at night so it could be a noise issue if you retire early!

We live in Florida and cruise the Caribbean frequently in a balcony cabin. When we booked our B2B on the Allure it was a destination cruise with the ship being our destination. RCI is the ONLY line with CP cabins and that is why we booked it. If I decide to do another really big ship (oasis or Allure)I would do the same.

I loved our boardwalk room. We were 2 floors below the sports deck and had a great view of the zip line and aqua theatre. I love people watching and the hustle and bustle. The ocean is pretty and relaxing but I will choose the boardwalk over it again next time.

I stayed in 10717 boardwalk, and very happy. Great ocean view, plenty of actions, yet so quiet once you close the balcony.

Central Park is beautiful, but too dull for me.

Agree with you! We enjoyed our Boardwalk balcony on Oasis in a similar location. Central Park would have been too dull for us too.

LuLu

This past week I have booked all three locations. we have never been on either ship. Booked ocean view balcony Allure for September, Central Park for January on Oasis, and Allure January 2016 Boardwalk deck 11 last cabin I think 11329 looking forward to the experience of all of these. With the great sale prices going on. Glad I booked when I did I see prices have really gone up. the price for this January price has gone up already $1,400 for cabin.

Just in case you might like... My son and his wife on their honeymoon had a Central Park balcony and they said it was very romantic. They can hear the string musicians playing in the evening. They said it was wonderful. For 20 year olds to like, it must have been good.

Brenda