Dimensions of the smaller of the angled hump balconies on S-Class

zelker

I know I read these somewhere on here but for the life of me I can't find that thread again :o so .......

does anyone know the dimensions of the smaller of the two angled (non-suite) balcony sizes on the hump on the S-Class ships (specifically Eclipse but I "think" they are all the same from ship to ship). I'm pretty sure the width is around 8 ft on all of these and am guessing that one side is close to 11 ft long (the side that abuts the bigger angled balcony) but don't know the shorter side's length.

Thanks.

I know I read these somewhere on here but for the life of me I can't find that thread again :o so .......

does anyone know the dimensions of the smaller of the two angled (non-suite) balcony sizes on the hump on the S-Class ships (specifically Eclipse but I "think" they are all the same from ship to ship). I'm pretty sure the width is around 8 ft on all of these and am guessing that one side is close to 11 ft long (the side that abuts the bigger angled balcony) but don't know the shorter side's length.

Thanks.

The width of the balconies is the same as the stateroom width. The depth on the hump varies. Here's a thumbnail that shows the proportions. I can't tell you exactly how many feet each is, but you can see sort of guess. Between the two sizes on the angle, the largest is only larger than the other by about a foot or so. The first and third off the hump, going forward and aft, are the largest.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24259746&postcount=14

We were in the larger of the 2 and the length along the longest wall was about 15 feet so the smaller of the two is probably about 12 feet along the longest side. I think the width was about 12 feet. These are pics of the largest:

DSC01114.jpg

DSC01115.jpg

This pic was taken from the largest looking into the second largest(4th off the hump)

DSC01116.jpg

Looking from 2nd largest back into largest:

DSC01117.jpg

I can find pictures and measurements for the larger of the two til the cows come home.

I know someone (a couple of someones, actually) have taken a tape measure and actually measured and posted them. Oh why, oh WHY can't I find that thread? LOL :p

(and no, guessing or saying twice as big as the standard balcony, which I know isn't even close, isn't good enough. ;) )

I can find pictures and measurements for the larger of the two til the cows come home.

I know someone (a couple of someones, actually) have taken a tape measure and actually measured and posted them. Oh why, oh WHY can't I find that thread? LOL :p

(and no, guessing or saying twice as big as the standard balcony, which I know isn't even close, isn't good enough. ;) )

Having stayed in a room with the biggest balcony, and looking at the thumbnail I posted, you can't get a good guestimate as to the size of the smaller of the two large balconies on the angle without some exact measurement??? Is a foot or two going to make that much more of a difference? :confused::eek: I've stayed on both, and we were very comfortable on the shorter of the two. :)

Is a foot or two going to make that much more of a difference? :confused::eek:

If it was the larger balcony, it would be a no brainer. But for a $200 upcharge from a cabin with the standard balcony two cabins away and not on the hump, yes, it might. Unless of course you want to send me $200 and then I'll take your word for it. LOL :p

Been in both. Until reading this, didn't realise there was any difference.:D:D

They have ALL been considerably larger than the regular balcony.

someone said "I think the width was about 12 feet."

Most cabins are only about 9 feet wide, balcony is same width as cabin.

Room is barely wider than bed is long.

A 9 X 20 cabin is 180 square feet.

dln929 - No need to be snarky. Just asking for information. It's my money and if I want to know what I'm getting for it, that's my prerogative, isn't it. :rolleyes:

germanyboy - I knew the cabins weren't 12 feet wide and in fact I have read they are closer to 8 feet wide ... thanks for your feedback though.

gracie115 - you know it ;)

And I did finally find one of the posts that mentions measurements. I do wonder if the one furthest from the hump is a bit smaller than the second one in because if it's aligned with the straight run aft from there, the adjoining balcony, according to this, is only 6.5 feet. Anyway, here's what was posted:

Standard veranda cabin balconies are about 8 feet wide and 6 ½ feet deep ... #7241’s balcony is about 14’ deep on the right side and 11’ on left. #7243, our “pair cabin” to the left, has a balcony about 11 ‘ deep on its right side and about 8 ½ feet on left. Both cabins of the next pair move back and they too have deep balconies of about the same sizes.

So using these measurements - in case anyone else is ever looking for this info - the verandah sizes appear to be:

Standard verandah: 52 sf

Smaller angled verandah: 78 sf (but is the one furthest from hump closer to 70 sf? not sure)

Larger angled verandah: 100 sf

dln929 - No need to be snarky. Just asking for information. It's my money and if I want to know what I'm getting for it, that's my prerogative, isn't it. :rolleyes:

germanyboy - I knew the cabins weren't 12 feet wide and in fact I have read they are closer to 8 feet wide ... thanks for your feedback though.

gracie115 - you know it ;)

And I did finally find one of the posts that mentions measurements. I do wonder if the one furthest from the hump is a bit smaller than the second one in because if it's aligned with the straight run aft from there, the adjoining balcony, according to this, is only 6.5 feet. Anyway, here's what was posted:

Standard veranda cabin balconies are about 8 feet wide and 6 ½ feet deep ... #7241’s balcony is about 14’ deep on the right side and 11’ on left. #7243, our “pair cabin” to the left, has a balcony about 11 ‘ deep on its right side and about 8 ½ feet on left. Both cabins of the next pair move back and they too have deep balconies of about the same sizes.

So using these measurements - in case anyone else is ever looking for this info - the verandah sizes appear to be:

Standard verandah: 52 sf

Smaller angled verandah: 78 sf (but is the one furthest from hump closer to 70 sf? not sure)

Larger angled verandah: 100 sf

Somehow I knew you would find the measurements!! Am sure there are others who will appreciate your input!!:)

Archived