Police/ Firefighter Discount

If you go to the 'advanced search' for a cruise, just click the box for fire/police discount and then search. You will get a listing of all the cruises that are currently offering that discount.

Yes, this is true. But because the discounts come and go, and sometimes only show up for a few days at a time, it is easy to miss them if this is all you do. That's why I suggest using a price tracker if there are a few specific trips you are interested in.

The 10/12/2014 sailing of Oasis has these discounts right now for most balconies and a few ocean view and inside. FYI.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

It is in 2013.

Thanks for the info!

Yes, this is true. But because the discounts come and go, and sometimes only show up for a few days at a time, it is easy to miss them if this is all you do. That's why I suggest using a price tracker if there are a few specific trips you are interested in.

The advanced search I was referring to is good if you want to see what cruises from some specific ports are currently available. I can go on a cruise at any time, so I use this to pick out a bargain....

I purposely left our DD off our 5 night reservation 2 years ago. A month before the trip, a Firefighter/EMT discount came up, and we were essentially able to bring our daughter for free. I think I saved me approximately $600, which was even better since she was 6 months old when we went on the cruise.

Justin - Firefighter/EMT-B/Professional Studmuffin.

Edited by JBert

• 9 months later...

It's not typical but I got a $1600+ discount from celebrity cruise for being a firefighter/EMT. Inside room on the equinox, leaves Fort Lauderdale, FL Nov. 10, 2014. We were planning on a 7-night cruise but with the discount this 11-night cruise is actually cheaper than our other choice.

:):):)!!!Good Luck!!!:):):)

Welcome to CC.

The few times it is offered, the discount is sometimes surpassed by even better discounts (and GTY rates) after final payment. The discount doesn't usually start until that sailing is deemed to be selling poorly. There are so few cabins booked with this discount that the poor sales are not rectified - hence even more discounts to a wider audience later. Look for further discounts at the 90 day mark and of course after final payment if you've held out on booking.

Any discount that is offered by RCL, requires proof that you are entitled to that discount, otherwise your cruise fare will be adjusted to reflect the current rate at time of check in at the pier.

Your, Police/Fire ID card, or proof of Military service, (DD214/ID card) will be sufficent.

Edited by Mac303

We booked Allure for 7 nights leaving August 31st using the police discount (husband is a police officer) and got a category N inside cabin, we always book inside for the complete darkness he needs to sleep. We paid $678pp and the prices have fluctuated wildly since that time. They have never dropped below what we paid but have instead gone up quite a bit. Right now the same category comes out at $1069pp with the "sale" going on ($1462pp with a $714 discount on one fare for the BOGOHO). We always look for a cruise in the time frame in which we can go but then narrow it down based on discounts if available. :)

Hi.

Can you please tell me how you track the prices?

Do you just keep going to the RCCL site? I used Costco for our last few cruises so would I track on that site too?

My husband is retired NYPD. We have one more cruise on RCCL to become Diamond and I have never gotten the rate. Oh well.

I'm looking to book Oasis for July 2015 and thinking no discounts for summer.

Yes, just use Royal's site to display the price, making sure that you check the boxes for Military, Senior, etc. Once you see the price, save that as a Bookmark/Favorite so you can easily come back to it.

Hi.

Can you please tell me how you track the prices?

Do you just keep going to the RCCL site? I used Costco for our last few cruises so would I track on that site too?

My husband is retired NYPD. We have one more cruise on RCCL to become Diamond and I have never gotten the rate. Oh well.

I'm looking to book Oasis for July 2015 and thinking no discounts for summer.

There are websites that track it and will send you an email if the discount ever becomes available. They will also let you know about price drops. Just google cruise price tracker. Hint. When i CRUISE i FISH with a dot NET. I use that warehouse travel service to book my cruises also. Love the OBC. If there is a price drop they will charge you $25 to give you the new price, but if your saving a few hundred, it's worth it. Just be aware it my drop the amount of OBC that you get from them. If you do book Oasis next summer, you should track it, because the price will most likely drop.

Edited by ATC cruiser

Any discount that is offered by RCL, requires proof that you are entitled to that discount, otherwise your cruise fare will be adjusted to reflect the current rate at time of check in at the pier.

Your, Police/Fire ID card, or proof of Military service, (DD214/ID card) will be sufficent.

I always bring my photo ID card but have never been asked for it and I have used the Police/Fire/EMS discount 3 times.

Mike