BEST Jewel Owner's or Grand Suite???

Please help.....we are finally ready to splurge for a grand or an owner's suite on the Jewel Southern Caribbean sailing next summer. We are really debating on which type and location of this room. Please advise us on your best suite location.

We will really appreciate any and all suggestions! We are hoping to book our cruise for next summer in the next couple of days. If you've sailed the Jewel in a suite, please tell us which one is the best!!

Thanks, in advance, for your ideas!:)

Please help.....we are finally ready to splurge for a grand or an owner's suite on the Jewel Southern Caribbean sailing next summer. We are really debating on which type and location of this room. Please advise us on your best suite location.

We will really appreciate any and all suggestions! We are hoping to book our cruise for next summer in the next couple of days. If you've sailed the Jewel in a suite, please tell us which one is the best!!

Thanks, in advance, for your ideas!:)

I don't know about best one, but I can tell you # 1052, you can be seen on your balcony by those sitting in the concierge lounge, and # 1554 is fabulous with huge windows but . . if someone was leaning forward from 1552, they can peer right in to your sleeping area! If either of those things bother you, go with 1552

Thank you, Melanie. I appreciate your opinions!

We are really wanting to book today, but we are reading conflicting reports about the Grand vs. Owner's suites. It sounds like the Owner's suite's balconies are quite a bit smaller than the grand suites. We'd love the extra room of a suite and the extra perks, but we don't want go give up balcony space for it. Of course, RCCL reps are of no help at all!

I know there has to be great people out there that have stayed in an owner's or grand suite on the Jewel. Please tell us your favorites! I'll so appreciate any and all responses! Pictures would be fabulous, too!

Thanks!:)

We were in 1550 this past May and loved it! We were in 1034 on the sister ship Radiance a few years ago and hated it. In 1034 we heard chairs moving on the pool deck above almost every morning very early - and some late at night. We heard NONE of that in 1550 on Jewel. It was very convenient to the elevator and concierge lounge. And, as posted earlier, you could see into the balcony of 1554 if you were standing at the railing.

The balcony space was also wonderful in the GS. Had a full size lounger as well as a dining table with two comfy chairs. Plenty of space to move around.

Barb

Thank you, Melanie. I appreciate your opinions!

We are really wanting to book today, but we are reading conflicting reports about the Grand vs. Owner's suites. It sounds like the Owner's suite's balconies are quite a bit smaller than the grand suites. We'd love the extra room of a suite and the extra perks, but we don't want go give up balcony space for it. Of course, RCCL reps are of no help at all!

I know there has to be great people out there that have stayed in an owner's or grand suite on the Jewel. Please tell us your favorites! I'll so appreciate any and all responses! Pictures would be fabulous, too!

Thanks!:)

On Jewel and Serenade, the OS balconies run the full length of the cabin - the RCI deck plans are incorrect, lr so I've been told by somebody who has stayed in the OS on Jewel. On Radiance and Brilliance (which were built first), they do not and are much smaller than the GS balcony.

If booking an OS, I would go for 1058 or 1560 - both have extra balcony space because of being on the end lf the hump. GS 1554 has the advantage of not being as deeply covered as the other GS, but everybody forward of you will be able to see you as soon as you step out onto your balcony. The other GS are under the Deck 11 overhang, and if you like looking at the night sky, you won't see it directly above you. 1602 all the way aft has great views of the wake and the sky, but the layout is a little weird and the balcony is really crowded with all of the furniture they've put on it. But it would likely be my first choice on Jewel for the views.

I so appreciate your help!:)

After doing some research here at CC, I've found that the OS balconies are not cut shorter like the RCCL deckplans show. That was my concern. It sounds like Jewel's balconies on the OS's are the full length of the cabin.

I think we've decided to go for the OS, but now we aren't sure if we want port or starboard side!

There aren't too many choices left already (almost a year in advance!), but I think we've narrowed it down to 1058 or 1060. I'm not able to find much info on these two cabins. Anyone know anything about them? 1058 is right at the back of the hump and the balcony looks to have a strange shape (if you can believe the deck plans!). 1060 is right next door, but has a straight balcony.

I'd love some first hand knowledge about these cabins and balconies. Thanks so much to anyone that can help us!

I so appreciate your help!:)

After doing some research here at CC, I've found that the OS balconies are not cut shorter like the RCCL deckplans show. That was my concern. It sounds like Jewel's balconies on the OS's are the full length of the cabin.

I think we've decided to go for the OS, but now we aren't sure if we want port or starboard side!

There aren't too many choices left already (almost a year in advance!), but I think we've narrowed it down to 1058 or 1060. I'm not able to find much info on these two cabins. Anyone know anything about them? 1058 is right at the back of the hump and the balcony looks to have a strange shape (if you can believe the deck plans!). 1060 is right next door, but has a straight balcony.

I'd love some first hand knowledge about these cabins and balconies. Thanks so much to anyone that can help us!

See my post above. I'd take 1058 based on what my source has told me about the extra size of the balcony.

As for 1600, the balcony is so full of furniture that it feels crowded (we stayed in 1600 on Brilliance). I think that JS 1602 has the largest balcony on Deck 10, followed by JS 1100 and then 1600. But of course neither JS gets you the full suite perks.

Ann, if you fear that people will be watching you reading, then book another cabin. I doubt that people will be spending time doing that, though.;)

We had 1034 on Jewel in 2011 and never heard anything from above. It was a Canada/New England itinerary with some inclement weather, though, so likely wasn't representative of what it could be like.

1554 on the Radiance is our favourite GS and it is in the same position on the Jewel. The reason we love it is it's balcony doors go all the way back (more than 1556) giving it a very open feel. If you have your outdoor table positioned where we had it in this photo, it is private. Alternatively, you could put the sunlounge there.

Cheers

Di

r0w9s2.jpg

• 7 months later...

If a choice between the GS or OS I would go with the OS..I for one don't care for the bar area in the GS with it's limited narrow access to the closet...but then again I would opt for JS #1100 over a GS anytime on the Radiance class and have.

• 2 months later...
1554 on the Radiance is our favourite GS and it is in the same position on the Jewel. The reason we love it is it's balcony doors go all the way back (more than 1556) giving it a very open feel. If you have your outdoor table positioned where we had it in this photo, it is private. Alternatively, you could put the sunlounge there.

Cheers

Di

r0w9s2.jpg

This view is awesome.....one question will you get any sun on this balcony? My DH is a sun worshipper:)

Edited by fish6

Do you get any sun on your balcony for GS 1554?

I am a sit out there for coffee and breakfast person in the morning

And occasionally would be out there in evening for a cool breeze!

Sorry I honestly cannot remember if it was a sun trap or not..

So many rooms and ships:D

Will dig out the Old 35mm prints and see if I can find any balcony pics

Happy Days.

I stayed in OS 1560 in april. It was awesome. Never did GS on Jewel. We usually stay in JS. I am spoiled now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Edited by sj755

I know the men won't care, but in an OS the bathtub and shower are separate, and if you shave your legs in the shower it is a PITA. I kept hitting the temperature control or turning the water off. It's a fairly small area to do "the flamingo" pose with a razor.

Sherry