Christmas Decorations

When do people start decorating their rooms for Christmas? I am sailing on the 8th of December, is this too early? What are some ideas used for decorating? Do lights have to be battery operated? Thanks for your help.

I don't know about the staterooms, but the ship decorations start right after Thanksgiving.

I don't usually decorate unless we cruise over Christmas itself. But I have a small tree that I decorate with little bulbs and small decorations, and it has battery operated lights on it and also on the bow for the top. Then I string garland around the door outside and inside the cabin. I also buy the "sticky" decorations that I use on my patio doors and I put those on the outside door on the cabin. Makes it feel nice and Christmasy!:)

Battery operated lights held on with magnets!

DSC03684.jpg

DSC03676.jpg

DSC03616.jpg

th_KingTritonsTreeLightingDecree.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

Love it. Thanks for the idea with the battery operated lights. We have always taken a small tree and decorations with us but the lights will add a nice touch especially with our aft balcony this Christmas.

We will be on the enchantment thanksgiving weekend. Will the ship be decorated then.

Our experience with one cruise over Thanksgiving was that the crew started decorating the day after Thanksgiving. The decorations take some days to complete and they were not finished by the time we got off on Saturday.

Edited by clarea

Where did you get the magnets and battery operated lights? Going to have to get those for our next Christmas cruise.

I found hooks attached to a nice-sized magnetic disk at Target. Not sure what we're going to use them for yet, but it's a start.

Battery operated lights held on with magnets!

DSC03684.jpg

DSC03676.jpg

DSC03616.jpg

th_KingTritonsTreeLightingDecree.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

Alinnj,

Thanks for sharing those photos. Just love your decorations.

Must of our cruises have been in the month of December. Since we love to decorate

for Christmas, it does not matter with us when we decorate, may it be early

December or late December we always decorate our cabin and door.

We have done a small Christmas wreath, lights, large Christmas stocking, magnets.

plastic poinsettias, the list goes on. Anything we can find festive we bring.

It's so much fun decorating the cabin.

• 3 months later...

So I have a question - I know people talk about rulespertaining to putting xmas lights on your stateroom balcony, possibly due to coast guard regulations. But I'm guessing that shouldn't apply to those who have staterooms with interior facing balconies, such as the Central Park Balcony stateroom I'll have on Allure in a week-and-a-half. I was thinking of putting some battery powered xmas lights on the bannister of the balcony, but has anyone seen anyone else try this, or even heard of it? Thoughts??? :cool:

Edited by joeski27