Can't book Pinnacle in advance withOUT the 4 promo

alwaysfrantic

I tried to get the new promotion added but HAL wouldn't do it. I pulled up reservation options for dining since I know it will be much harder to get a time.....not available for booking in advance any longer. No Le Cirque, no Pinnacle. Only Canneletto.

The plusses to a Celebrity cruise just keep adding up.

I tried to get the new promotion added but HAL wouldn't do it. I pulled up reservation options for dining since I know it will be much harder to get a time.....not available for booking in advance any longer. No Le Cirque, no Pinnacle. Only Canneletto.

how far away is your cruise? if it's close - then my fears with this new programme have come to fruition. They are busy booking all the Explorer4 people. It might be worth going back in a few days and then see what's available. They might just have it tied up or there could be a web site problem.

OK, I'm trying to be optimistic. Other option - check each day on board. Betting a bunch of people will have times they don't like and will just not go. Of course, they might not let the Pinnacle know?

This doesn't make sense as many of us have not gotten the Explore4 catalog -- thus we don't have a code.

I think you are assuming this. Did someone tell you that we can no longer book Pinnacle in advance? Please let us know when your cruise is and we can then decide if it is just too early for bookings to open.

I am very sure that the pg dinners that have been reported given to collectors cruisers, will not be offered any more.

Are you sure every Collectors Cruise offered free PG dinners? Not on mine. Actually I haven't heard of that "perk" in a long time.

We're on the 12/29/13 Ryndam cruise and I have only been able to book PG reservations for 12/31, nothing past that date, although we return on 1/5/14. I, too, like to dine in the PG on the last night, but guess I'll have to wait until boarding to book. :( At least we like to dine late, so we may have an advantage over the earlybirds. :rolleyes: However, if we want Canaletto, we can pre-book any night of the cruise.

We're on the 12/29/13 Ryndam cruise and I have only been able to book PG reservations for 12/31' date=' nothing past that date, although we return on 1/5/14. I, too, like to dine in the PG on the last night, but guess I'll have to wait until boarding to book. :( At least we like to dine late, so we may have an advantage over the earlybirds. :rolleyes: However, if we want Canaletto, we can pre-book any night of the cruise.[/quote']

That happens every year end. for some unknown reason it takes awhile until the next year is available. It will open up as your cruise gets closer.

I called and the woman said it is just not open for booking yet. So probably not related to the promo. I wonder if people not on the promo will be able to get slots. Cruise is after the first of the year. They said on the phone that they just have to decide which not will be Le Cirque before they open. Hope that is the case.

Are you sure every Collectors Cruise offered free PG dinners? Not on mine. Actually I haven't heard of that "perk" in a long time.

we never got it - some do and some don't - I wonder if it's a special luncheon for the newbies or 1* people?

we had a buffet line in the MDR (great, just what I want to do - line up)

I don't think that is happening anymore

I called and the woman said it is just not open for booking yet. So probably not related to the promo. I wonder if people not on the promo will be able to get slots. Cruise is after the first of the year. They said on the phone that they just have to decide which not will be Le Cirque before they open. Hope that is the case.

I would sincerely hope that you can get spots. I would think that if HAL is doing this right they will have a certain cut off after paying customers have booked and then allocate the remaining spots to the people with the package.

My fear - the PG will be overloaded and they won't be able to provide the service. they deliberately not book it fully for that reason - to space guests and give good service.

Hopefully all will be good - have a great cruise and a wonderful time:D

we never got it - some do and some don't - I wonder if it's a special luncheon for the newbies or 1* people?

we had a buffet line in the MDR (great, just what I want to do - line up)

I don't think that is happening anymore

We have done a number of Collectors Cruises and far more often than not we do not get a complimentary Pinnacle for being on Collectors. We once had Tamarind and maybe once or twice Pinnacle but it is not the rule.

That is fine by us as we get complimentary Pinnacle for being Five Star Mariner.... enough is enough. :)

• 2 weeks later...
What is strange is that you can book Canaletto but not PG after 12/31. :confused:

This is happening to me as well. Canaletto is listed as available for booking, but not Pinnacle.

When will they open up Pinnacle for bookings? I am sailing in April 2014.

how far away is your cruise? if it's close - then my fears with this new programme have come to fruition. They are busy booking all the Explorer4 people. It might be worth going back in a few days and then see what's available. They might just have it tied up or there could be a web site problem.

OK, I'm trying to be optimistic. Other option - check each day on board. Betting a bunch of people will have times they don't like and will just not go. Of course, they might not let the Pinnacle know?

Jacqui, I have been trying for a month to book the Pinnacle for our April cruise and only the Canaletto is available.

I read on our roll call that the cruise is not eligible for Explore 4 so wonder what is going on. The shorexes have been available for ages so it stands to reason that the Pinnacle should be also.

Jacqui, I have been trying for a month to book the Pinnacle for our April cruise and only the Canaletto is available.

I read on our roll call that the cruise is not eligible for Explore 4 so wonder what is going on. The shorexes have been available for ages so it stands to reason that the Pinnacle should be also.

Bobbie - i don't know why, but it seems every time the new year rolls around openings for the PG are stalled. they will show up though. You will just have to keep checking. Or try calling ship services. If they can't do it, they might know when it will be available. It does stand to reason that the PG should be available but it doesn't always seem to be that way:rolleyes:

I don't think it has anything to do with Explore 4...actually I was surprised to read that the shore excursions and Canaletto were already available for your April cruise as nothing is online yet for our March sailing. (Didn't expect there to be until at least September but maybe it depends on the destination of the cruise.):confused:

Our understanding of Explore 4 was that only the one "free" dinner in PG would be preassigned by HAL but that other "paid" reservations could be made as usual.:)

Just a shot in the dark but if it happens to be Easter, they will not permit advance bookings for holidays. I don't know the date of your cruise or Easter but offering a possible explanation.

It is 8 months out so that could be the reason, also.

I don't think it has anything to do with Explore 4...actually I was surprised to read that the shore excursions and Canaletto were already available for your April cruise as nothing is online yet for our March sailing. (Didn't expect there to be until at least September but maybe it depends on the destination of the cruise.):confused:

Our understanding of Explore 4 was that only the one "free" dinner in PG would be preassigned by HAL but that other "paid" reservations could be made as usual.:)

Actually the shorexes have been up for a long time. I would think the March ones would be available. I guess there's no rhyme nor reason to any of this.

<snip>

That is my understanding.

Just a shot in the dark but if it happens to be Easter, they will not permit advance bookings for holidays. I don't know the date of your cruise or Easter but offering a possible explanation.

It is 8 months out so that could be the reason, also.

The cruise departs on Good Friday but it is not a holiday cruise per se. It's a repositioning 22 day cruise so it would not attract the Easter Holiday crowd.

When we found out about the holiday we were careful to book our air and hotel way out to be sure we got them.

Oh well, patience will pay off in due time.

Archived