Have AzAmazing Evening Questions ? Please Post Here !

Andy

Bill, thank you for the information on the January 29 cruise. It does help with planning. I really thought it would be in Loreto (where we have an overnight) It will be interesting to see how the event is handled logistically, as this is a tender port and the venue is some distance away. Glad you are feeling better and back with us.

mare

I did some tender port evenings.. that was not a problem but one had a bus ride up hill. Now that was bad!! i skipped one event due to my great private tour that arrived as the group was leaving.

I will be skipping most of the two months i am on board too. i am sure Craig and Scott will feel the same way.

"New and Exciting" comes from the old "Love Boat" show.

Bill, thanks for your imput... does not make me happier but i do understand.

Hi Bill, I'm so glad you're feeling well enough to join in the forum again! Librarylady19 (Sandi) and I & respective spouses are on the May 12th sailing from Athens next year. Are we going to have a Sorrento AzAmazing evening on that voyage or something else?

Hi Deirdre

We are also on May 12th sailing and would love to hear what our Azamazing evening will be.

If you hear, please pass on info.

Thanks, Dottie

We are on the Adtriatic sailing out of Venice next july. The Special Event for that cruise is to be a concert with Ana Rucner in Hvar, Croatia. I am very excited that she will be playing for us and would love to see any comments from guests on the Quest sailing late september this year who had the same event on their sailing( I think it was september 22.nd). Was it as good as it sounds like?:D

We are on the Adtriatic sailing out of Venice next july. The Special Event for that cruise is to be a concert with Ana Rucner in Hvar, Croatia. I am very excited that she will be playing for us and would love to see any comments from guests on the Quest sailing late september this year who had the same event on their sailing( I think it was september 22.nd). Was it as good as it sounds like?:D

we were in love! i brought the CD later in Split.She is mind blowing. it is an easy walk from the dock. i went afterwards to get ice cream and got a great picture of the church lit up at night.

the ship tells you it is only canapes but there was so much there i was very full when i left but had room for ice cream.

bring your camera!!

Hi Deirdre

We are also on May 12th sailing and would love to hear what our Azamazing evening will be.

If you hear, please pass on info.

Thanks, Dottie

Hi Dottie! Bill very kindly answered my request about our Evening in Post 67 and I've cut-and-pasted it for you. I had asked if it was going to be in Sorrento as I'd noticed some other AzAmazing Evenings held there. But to my delight, it is going to be on the beautiful island of Malta! I am so excited about it being in Malta. I think Azamara has done very well indeed. What a treat we're in for! :D Here you go on what Bill said:

I'm pleased to be back and to share with you the preliminary information about the AzAmazing Evening event planned for the Azamara Journey's May 12, 2014 voyage.

It will be held on Thursday, May 15 in Valletta, Malta and its theme is "Medieval Malta: A Knight on the Town." As you enjoy cocktails and local delicacies, the evening will offer a true Medieval Malta experience - a Grand Master of ceremonies, torches, lances, drummers, trumpeters, and folkloric dancers.

The decision to use Malta was to avoid over-scheduling the overnight stay in Sorrento (Capri) on Saturday, May 17, and compete with the three comprehensive Land Discoveries shore excursions that will take most of the day:

1. RN01 Pompeii & Capri - 8:45 am, 9 hr(s) 30 min(s)

2. RN09 Island of Capri - 8:45 am, 7 hr(s) 30 min(s)

3. RN19 Exclusive Amalfi Coast, Pompeii & Positano - 8:45 am, 9 hr(s) 30 min(s)

I hope this information helps with your planning and builds your anticipation to revisit Azamara!

Good health & best regards,

Bill Leiber

we were in love! i brought the CD later in Split.She is mind blowing. it is an easy walk from the dock. i went afterwards to get ice cream and got a great picture of the church lit up at night.

the ship tells you it is only canapes but there was so much there i was very full when i left but had room for ice cream.

bring your camera!!

Thank you, Robin. I will bring my camera and be early to get a front seat. We are really looking forward to this event. Ana is fantastic.:)

Thank you, Robin. I will bring my camera and be early to get a front seat. We are really looking forward to this event. Ana is fantastic.:)

thery try to tender you by deck. .but you can try to tender early. pplus the canapes and wine are for you to get. .so one gets the seats and other food and then run back and forth.. a fancy camera is better and i just took my cell phone.

just save room for ice cream afterwards.:D

Edited by ellbon

You sign up as if it's a shore excursion.It will be listed on the day's options for excursions.

Disembarking the ship was not by deck. The 4 events that we have attended differed slightly in how you are tendered, or walk off the ship. The first method was to give out numbers in the theater,just like group assignments for shore excursions. The tables were numbered as well, so if you received # 15 you were to sit at the tables that had 15 marked on them. For last 3 events your departure stickers were in an envelop delivered the day before to your stateroom. In addition to the stickers, you were given instructions on where and at what time to assemble. Seating was on a first come basis, since the tables, or seats were not numbered.

You sign up as if it's a shore excursion.It will be listed on the day's options for excursions.

Disembarking the ship was not by deck. The 4 events that we have attended differed slightly in how you are tendered, or walk off the ship. The first method was to give out numbers in the theater,just like group assignments for shore excursions. The tables were numbered as well, so if you received # 15 you were to sit at the tables that had 15 marked on them. For last 3 events your departure stickers were in an envelop delivered the day before to your stateroom. In addition to the stickers, you were given instructions on where and at what time to assemble. Seating was on a first come basis, since the tables, or seats were not numbered.

you were on the Journey.. the quest did it differently. 100 percent different. nothing came to stateroom you went to the show room and got a sticker by deck number.

weird@ both ships are so different!!!

On this evening the ship will arrive just before the event starts, and we will be on tenders. This might be the reason that they tender by decks for this event.;)

thery try to tender you by deck. .but you can try to tender early. pplus the canapes and wine are for you to get. .so one gets the seats and other food and then run back and forth.. a fancy camera is better and i just took my cell phone.

just save room for ice cream afterwards.:D

Thanks, will get my long lens just in case. Mmhh!! Always room for Ice Cream :D

Edited by oddjob16

you were on the Journey.. the quest did it differently. 100 percent different. nothing came to stateroom you went to the show room and got a sticker by deck number.

weird@ both ships are so different!!!

For my event on the Quest in August, I received an envelope in my stateroom with directions and a sticker. We did not have to go to the showroom.

Sounds like the instructions have to vary depending on the port and the plans in place that night which may vary depending on the lessons learned on previous nights in that port.

I am sure we would all like front row etc but I hope we all stick to any instructions given to us by the onboard team, or agree with them in advance if we are varying (ie joining direct because we are on a private tour or already ashore etc)

Imaging the chaos if we all just do as we wanted, the ship is obviously working hard to avoid that so we plan to do our part as well :rolleyes:

Edited by uktog

Sounds like the instructions have to vary depending on the port and the plans in place that night which may vary depending on the lessons learned on previous nights in that port.

I am sure we would all like front row etc but I hope we all stick to any instructions given to us by the onboard team, or agree with them in advance if we are varying (ie joining direct because we are on a private tour or already ashore etc)

Imaging the chaos if we all just do as we wanted, the ship is obviously working hard to avoid that so we plan to do our part as well :rolleyes:

Off course. They will have to do it in an orderly manner. Tendering will start imediately after arrival. We will probably be in Hvar minutes before the concert. Actually on Azamara's web page it says arrival in Hvar at 7 pm and the Azamazing Evening is to start at 6 pm. That cannot be correct, but I suppose they will change it in due course. Maybe we should ask Bill??:rolleyes:

Uktog, I couldn't agree with you more. I believe it is up to AZ to find venues where every guest can see the stage and have enough seating and food for everyone.

Kathy

The first one i have no clue how people left the ship as iwas on a private wine tour and finally just followed the crowd. venue was in walkinh distance.. i was not dressed for it but went anyways.

The second one in Spain i skipped as it was a long bus ride and after my private tour i went shopping. i heard later the ride was long and i had enough buses for a while.

The 3d one was again a bus ride- up a long winding road. thought iwould be sick.. they called us to show room by deck from 8 to 4 not 4 to 8. concert was great but the ride was awful.

The 4th one was a seat down dinner -again goping by bus- again from deck 8 to 4. That timei complained in writing were were paying for suites so we should go first.

The next one was tender and walk- this time we went first. deck 4 was last.

anotger trick i learned that there was a VIP group- they got drinks on ship and seats at this event. the only negitive it was higher up instead of near the stage. not a good spot for pictures-rather be lower down. i was for another concert and facebooked one of those pictures.

So i honestly believe each ship is doing it totally different.

i do know i am over bused events unless it is within 20 minutes and not uphill. the events are good but not worth the long drive. if in a city or town enjoy going out for dinner and relax.

Bill/Andy:

The Azamazing Event for this cruise is apparently set for March 14 in Taipei.

A group of us will be touring in Taipei on that date.

(1) Is it possible to catch the AZ bus back from Taipei rather than traveling back to Keelung only to go back to Taipei with the AZ bus?

(2) Can you give us an idea of what the program will consist of so as the individuals in the group can decide whether to go to the Azamazing Event?

Thanks,

Tom

Off course. They will have to do it in an orderly manner. Tendering will start imediately after arrival. We will probably be in Hvar minutes before the concert. Actually on Azamara's web page it says arrival in Hvar at 7 pm and the Azamazing Evening is to start at 6 pm. That cannot be correct, but I suppose they will change it in due course. Maybe we should ask Bill??:rolleyes:

Oddjob - Bill said the 2014 evenings were still being reviewed and he would hopefully post the corrected versions next week, as there is plenty time yet, suggest we wait and see that list as I am sure things might change - I think what happened was the evening was loaded automatically based on the 2013 sailings - it may not even be that evening who knows

Oddjob - Bill said the 2014 evenings were still being reviewed and he would hopefully post the corrected versions next week, as there is plenty time yet, suggest we wait and see that list as I am sure things might change - I think what happened was the evening was loaded automatically based on the 2013 sailings - it may not even be that evening who knows

Yes, you are right. No hurry, no worry. I am sure we will have a fabulous event anyway or anywhere. Wouldn't mind a concert with Ana Rucner:p.

Edited by oddjob16

Although they do not have the timings on them, details of many of the 2014 evenings now seem to be on line, not on the shore excursion page but if you search for details of a voyage aka as a new booker, the descriptors have been added, I can see what is on offer for my cruises. (By the way if you are in the UK you need to do this search against the .com site and not the .co.uk site which will no doubt be some time in catching up

Edited by uktog

Although they do not have the timings on them, details of many of the 2014 evenings now seem to be on line, not on the shore excursion page but if you search for details of a voyage aka as a new booker, the descriptors have been added, I can see what is on offer for my cruises.

I found the AzAmazing Evening descriptions for two previously unpublished events during my upcoming Asia trip too, Ann... But wow; it did take some sleuthing!

Interesting--and a bit frustrating--that Azamara would choose to post this information in a place that those considering booking a cruise might see but that it's not posted in a place that those who are booked would be apt to look!

Edited by Xport