Nachi ? What's included ?

lbtnewcruiser

We are looking for a quiet beach with lunch and drinks, we have only been to Chankanaab and we did love it but looking to try somewhere different. When we went to Chankanaab we had our 4 kids with us, this time it is just the two of us. I looked at Playa Mia (looked like more for families) I looked at Mr Sanchos (maybe not so quiet) so I am leaning towards Nachi but don't know what it includes, looking at the site I see you need reservations and it is 55 pp, any help or other advice is appreciated

We went once a few years ago, and it was very quiet as we had 12 people total on the whole resort, food and drinks were included. We were at Mr Sanchos in April, and liked it , but it was much more busy. It was $45 PP booked online for AI.

thanks, I was just confused as people have posted pics of the menu with prices ? What di you think of the water/swimming? I read the water was a bit rough Looking for calm waters

We were just there in May.. loved the place..Best place to go w/o kids. Although we had ours with us.. Very quiet & nice. The water was very calm when we were there. Includes all drinks & 3 courses to eat whenever you want..I have photos I can email you if you'd like. I am challenged & do not know how to post them here..but I'll try..

Rcvd an error msg when trying to post. If you leave your email address, I'll send some picts to you. (if that is allowed)

We were just there in May.. loved the place..Best place to go w/o kids. Although we had ours with us.. Very quiet & nice. The water was very calm when we were there. Includes all drinks & 3 courses to eat whenever you want..I have photos I can email you if you'd like. I am challenged & do not know how to post them here..but I'll try..

Rcvd an error msg when trying to post. If you leave your email address, I'll send some picts to you. (if that is allowed)

thanks, I don't know how to post pics either, I always ask my kids, if you e-mail them that would be great, it is ltitone1 at yahoo dot com

thanks, I was just confused as people have posted pics of the menu with prices ? What di you think of the water/swimming? I read the water was a bit rough Looking for calm waters

I think the menus are just left over from the pre-AI days..(freaked me out on our first of four trips there.)

The water is not rough....

PC200828-M.jpg

When the tide goes out, there is a dropoff and the sand shifts under your feet when you try to head back to shore. (I believe in Mitsugirly's review she has a picture of the sand when the tide goes out. These pictures are from her review.)

Waves are just big enough to make that lovely lapping sound.

PC200852-M.jpg

Bill

PC200842-XL.jpg

PC200893-M.jpg

Hope these help get a feel...

To me, I would pay the $55 at Nachi Cocum EVERYTIME just for the 100 person limit each day. (already booked for a fifth time this April. Where we have over 20,000 passengers in Cozumel that day. Allure, Car. Magic and Epic, plus two smaller ships)

The all you can drink, alcoholic or non, and four course meal are just bonuses.

The grounds are gorgeous, the bathrooms clean and food is great.

The staff is fast and courteous.

You need to bring your own towel from the ship.

You need to pay for your cab there and back.

I believe the only things not included. (but they aren't at any other beach club in Cozumel either.)

Of course, massages, snorkel excursions, water toys are also extra.

Bill

We've gone to Nachi twice. The first time there were only about 10 people other than our group, and though the second time it was more crowded, it was still less than 40 people.

The crowd does tend to be older, with many couples. The pool is small, and doesn't get deep. All the better to get to the swim up bar!

The water was quite calm both times we were there. The second visit there was more seaweed on the shoreline, but they can't control the weather, and if a storm brings in a lot, they can only do so much.

Food is plentiful. We like to get the appetizer while we're sitting by the water, then order the meal later. Drinks are freeflowing, if that's your thing. Even if you only eat and have 2 drinks, I believe you'll feel it worthwhile.

We will be going again next year. We really enjoyed ourselves because it is quiet and relaxing. There were only two children there when we went and the water was calm - they played in the sand most of the time. There was snorkel gear to rent and even parasailing at an additional cost. We enjoyed the food and the fact that the staff would come and bring drinks and your food. A lazy, relaxing and quiet time for us. Oh, and it is beautiful there too.

You'll have a great time! We thoroughly love Nachi! Here are some other tips and comments: Ask for Carlos, he's the best waiter (IMHO), understand that beach conditions are dependent on the previous night's weather; try a "Dirty Monkey" cocktail; you can have your lunch at your palapa or walk up to the dining area; if you like massages, the massage on the beach is heavenly; try another "Dirty Monkey" cocktail; when you are ready to head back to the ship, just let your waiter know, Nachi has direct radio contact with the island taxi authority and one will be there within 10 - 15 minutes; get a "Dirty Monkey" for the road. :D

Pete

I'm so excited! This year has been soo stressful, and sad. I had to put my cat to sleep yesterday... a partial layoff at my job in February,, ugh!!!! I need a vacation!!!!!!! I can't wait to be sitting on that beach, doing nothing but hanging out with my sweet husband. 55 more days till we sail. Just trying to enjoy the countdown, because I know it'll be over all too soon:(:)

You'll have a great time! We thoroughly love Nachi! Here are some other tips and comments: Ask for Carlos, he's the best waiter (IMHO), understand that beach conditions are dependent on the previous night's weather; try a "Dirty Monkey" cocktail; you can have your lunch at your palapa or walk up to the dining area; if you like massages, the massage on the beach is heavenly; try another "Dirty Monkey" cocktail; when you are ready to head back to the ship, just let your waiter know, Nachi has direct radio contact with the island taxi authority and one will be there within 10 - 15 minutes; get a "Dirty Monkey" for the road. :D

Pete

Sounds like great advice, I will be sure to follow it :) How much time should we allow to get back to the ship ?

Sounds like great advice, I will be sure to follow it :) How much time should we allow to get back to the ship ?

Taxi from the pier to Nachi or Nachi back to the pier will take about 15 minutes -- add in a cushion for the time it will take you to get from the cab, down the pier and onto the ship; I would depart Nachi at least 30 minutes before you need to be on the ship. :cool:

I love watching the pier runners trying to make the ship! :eek:

Taxi from the pier to Nachi or Nachi back to the pier will take about 15 minutes -- add in a cushion for the time it will take you to get from the cab, down the pier and onto the ship; I would depart Nachi at least 30 minutes before you need to be on the ship. :cool:

I love watching the pier runners trying to make the ship! :eek:

thanks for the info, my husband will have me out of there an hour before the ship leaves, if it wasn't for him I might be a pier runner :eek:

You'll be glad you booked it! We were there just last week and it was paradise. LOVED it. There were two ships docked at Cozumel that day and I bet there weren't even 40 people at Nachi. I can't wait to go back again!

Oh, one piece of advice (although you probably already thought of this :))....if you're paying with credit card, call your credit card company and let them know you'll be in Mexico, so they don't think your card has been stolen. I tried to pay the remaining balance when we arrived at Nachi and my cc was denied! Luckily we had enough cash on us or we would have been screwed.

I just have to say this was the highlight of our cruise. We were there on Christmas day last year. It was amazing! Heaven on earth. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Well worth the money. The food was to die for and the beach was perfect. Very clean & the staff was awesome.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I'm so excited to hear all the great info about Nachi! We are headed there in Nov on the Legend and there will be 5 other ships in port that day :eek:. Once I saw that I made the reservation hoping that it would be as nice as it looks! And based on what everyone is saying I'm more conifdent that it will be...I can't wait!!! :D

Nachi is the most anticipated day of all our cruises. Been there about 7 times. Well worth the cost for all the reasons stated here.

Reservation says you must pay in cash. No credit cards.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Reservation says you must pay in cash. No credit cards.

Actually you can now pay with Visa or Mastercard once you arrive. They have it posted on their facebook as of May 28, 2013:

NOW you can pay your Nachicocom beach break balance with credit card: VISA and MASTERCARD (only) upon arrival. For all reservations previously confirmed and new bookings.

:)

Archived