Nachi ? What's included ?

lbtnewcruiser

Actually you can now pay with Visa or Mastercard once you arrive. They have it posted on their facebook as of May 28, 2013:

NOW you can pay your Nachicocom beach break balance with credit card: VISA and MASTERCARD (only) upon arrival. For all reservations previously confirmed and new bookings.

:)

Interesting, our reservation we made last week for Oct still said you must pay in cash upon arrival. But that's good to know, in case we spend all our cash before we get there!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Can anyone enlighten me how much was the taxi ride from the pier to Nachi? Availability of taxi's?

We were at Int'l Pier.. To get there, plenty of taxis..just tell them where you want to go. On the way back, tell your waiter & he will get a taxi to pick you back up. No problem at all. For 4 the cost was $ 16 or $ 17 then we tipped on that. :)

You'll have a great time! We thoroughly love Nachi! Here are some other tips and comments: Ask for Carlos, he's the best waiter (IMHO), understand that beach conditions are dependent on the previous night's weather; try a "Dirty Monkey" cocktail; you can have your lunch at your palapa or walk up to the dining area; if you like massages, the massage on the beach is heavenly; try another "Dirty Monkey" cocktail; when you are ready to head back to the ship, just let your waiter know, Nachi has direct radio contact with the island taxi authority and one will be there within 10 - 15 minutes; get a "Dirty Monkey" for the road. :D

Pete

I second the vote for Carlos! he's great. He brought my drinks right down to the water's edge so all I had to do was float in. The water is almost flat calm - maybe a little wave action, but not much. It's just a lovely place to spend a relaxing day.

On our last trip there was a large family group [OK, maybe 12?] at Nachi; they rented a jet ski, a paddle boat and a kayak for the day for everyone in their group to use. If you are bringing kids, especially preteens and teens, I thought that was a good idea because there aren't the toys that you get at Mr. Sancho's.

I'm so excited! This year has been soo stressful, and sad. I had to put my cat to sleep yesterday... a partial layoff at my job in February,, ugh!!!! I need a vacation!!!!!!! I can't wait to be sitting on that beach, doing nothing but hanging out with my sweet husband. 55 more days till we sail. Just trying to enjoy the countdown, because I know it'll be over all too soon:(:)

Jenny, sorry to hear about your cat and your stressful year. Hope you have a great cruise. Enjoy your day at Nachi.

thanks for the info, my husband will have me out of there an hour before the ship leaves, if it wasn't for him I might be a pier runner :eek:

Sounds like my husband and I! Actually, there are 2 places I'm NEVER late to, cruise ships and airline flights! Now, getting me off the beach here at home in Florida, well, that's a different story! :D

The beach chairs appear to be the hard plastic, uncomfortable type. Is that correct? Are mats available for rental? Those have worked on these chairs. Thanks.

Yes, they do have mats to rent. People come around right when you get to the beach to ask if you want any special things like the mats or jet ski. We did not get any mats but would next time to float on / use on the chairs. Don't recall for sure the price..Like $ 5 - 10 each..

Ever since we missed out on Nachi on one cruise because it was booked for a private event, we actually check to see if Nachi is available BEFORE we book a cruise!!! We're hopelessly in love with the place. Although I've never had a dirty monkey :eek:. What's in it??!

[quote name='Junebug1']What if it is a stormy day? can you cancel? This will be our 4th time in Cozumel & would like to try a nice quiet beach.[/QUOTE]
If the ship misses port, you get a refund.

If it is a rainy day.

No....

Bill

From the booking website, here are the CANCELATION POLICIES

Your deposit at the moment of your reservation is non refundable.

However in the following situations, we will do an exception (none automatic refunds will proceed, please contact us) :
1. In the event that you Ship will not be able to visit the Port of Cozumel your deposit will be 100% refunded. (Limited to your particular Cruise not visiting the Port during your cruise).
2.In case of an inclement weather . The policy is in effect for Hurricane only, not for lesser impacting storm or rain and just if the beach club is closed.
3.Cancellation due to change in ships itinerary. If you already have a confirmation with us and if your ship is changing its itinerary and visits Cozumel Port on an earlier or later date, please contact us in order to re-schedule your beach break. If re-scheduling is not possible, your deposit will be refunded. Refunds do not apply to a change in arrival time of your ship.

Cancellations that do not comply with the above are not subject to refund.

[quote name='Sherri914']From the booking website, here are the CANCELATION POLICIES

Your deposit at the moment of your reservation is non refundable.

However in the following situations, we will do an exception (none automatic refunds will proceed, please contact us) :
1. In the event that you Ship will not be able to visit the Port of Cozumel your deposit will be 100% refunded. (Limited to your particular Cruise not visiting the Port during your cruise).
2.In case of an inclement weather . The policy is in effect for Hurricane only, not for lesser impacting storm or rain and just if the beach club is closed.
3.Cancellation due to change in ships itinerary. If you already have a confirmation with us and if your ship is changing its itinerary and visits Cozumel Port on an earlier or later date, please contact us in order to re-schedule your beach break. If re-scheduling is not possible, your deposit will be refunded. Refunds do not apply to a change in arrival time of your ship.

Cancellations that do not comply with the above are not subject to refund.[/QUOTE]

I've had the stop cancelled once and got my refund...

I've also had Carnival decide to reverse the order of ports a couple of months before our cruise.
Was no problem moving the reservation to the new date...

Bill

[quote name='OKC Cruisers']You'll have a great time! We thoroughly love Nachi! Here are some other tips and comments: Ask for Carlos, he's the best waiter (IMHO), understand that beach conditions are dependent on the previous night's weather; try a "Dirty Monkey" cocktail; you can have your lunch at your palapa or walk up to the dining area; if you like massages, the massage on the beach is heavenly; try another "Dirty Monkey" cocktail; when you are ready to head back to the ship, just let your waiter know, Nachi has direct radio contact with the island taxi authority and one will be there within 10 - 15 minutes; get a "Dirty Monkey" for the road. :D

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][COLOR=darkorange]Pete[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

:D:D I should have read this thread first as I just asked a question on another asking if they had just regular well drinks or could I order a Dirty Monkey or Bahama Mama.:D:D

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='chellecruise12']Photos sent..Let me know if you don't get them or if you have any other questions.. :)[/quote]

Im so sorry to hijack this thread... but we are looking at nachi for October and would LOVE pics...

[EMAIL="crisha85243@yahoo.com"]crisha85243@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Thank you SO much !!!

[quote name='journeymore']Do they allow walk ins if they have space available?[/quote]

I suspect they might, depending upon their staffing level, but why risk $30+ in round trip taxi fare only to find out they are booked? Why not make a reservation? :confused:

Unless there is a tropical storm heading to Coz (when your ship would likely cancel the stop) I've never seen it rain in Coz for longer than 10-15 minutes;my theory during rain storms is you are already wet, why not sit at the swim-up bar and order one more round? :D

Archived