Verandas

wally8

First time on HAL and we have booked an SY cabin on the Zuiderdam. I really enjoy spending time on the veranda instead of the decks and was wondering if those who have cruised before feel the SY cabins have a good set up for relaxing and watching the waves go by. Thanks, Bob from TX

First time on HAL and we have booked an SY cabin on the Zuiderdam. I really enjoy spending time on the veranda instead of the decks and was wondering if those who have cruised before feel the SY cabins have a good set up for relaxing and watching the waves go by. Thanks, Bob from TX

You should be quite happy relaxing and watching the waves go by in an SY cabin.

I checked out the HAL blog per Surfergirle's recommendation today. That site has tons info and pics. Check it out.

• 2 months later...
Wonder if SY Verandah same size as SZ's Verandah ? Also the size of suites ?

pretty much the same size. There's only a couple of SZ's - HAL usually uses them for sales (guarantees). Room size is about 50% more than the regular verandah. Can vary on the ships so best to check the deck plan/room description of the particular ship you are interested in.

You will love the cabin and veranda, 12 ft. long, WOW. It has 2 lounge chairs with a table and 2 chairs. A fantastic place for lounging or dinning.

We loved the cabin, especially the bath, a jetted tub and a separate shower, 2 sinks and 2 medicine cabinets. There is an outlet you can switch from AC to DC so you can plug a night light in, so nice. 3 closets and lots of drawer space, I even have my own vanity and he has his desk and bar area, can't you tell I love it!!!!

DH said "we started in an ocean-view and now we have the sweet life". He will never get me back in a small cabin unless it is a very short cruise.

Your SY verandah will be a great place for breakfast and lunch and even dinner on some nights.

Many of us like their quiet locations better than the SS cabins under the Lido, so if a free upgrade is offered, check your location first.

Ahh, you answered my question. I was wondering if the cabins under the Lido were noisy. On our last cruise, our offer of an upgrade was in an area we would not choose. I was thinking about getting a guarantee on deck 10, but I guess that won't work since some cabins might not be to our liking. ( I don't have a current brochure so I don't know the exact designation.)

Ahh, you answered my question. I was wondering if the cabins under the Lido were noisy.
We had a cabin under the Lido pool deck area on the N.A. and the only time it was noisy was the night of the dessert extravaganza, for about 90 minutes.

Your SY verandah will be a great place for breakfast and lunch and even dinner on some nights.

Many of us like their quiet locations better than the SS cabins under the Lido, so if a free upgrade is offered, check your location first.

As a reminder, come next March/April (?) the cabin categories change - SY and SS will be switched. (SY's will be under the Lido area, and SS will be where SY's are now.)

Archived