Email addresses for Del Rio and Kamlani

gnomie1

One of OP's posts was complaining she didn't get an upgrade. She brought up her recent problem in Cruise Critic , we didn't ! We want to know the good and the bad - that's what Cruise Critic is for.

BTW Best way to get an upgrade is to pay for it.

As you can probably tell, I am fit to be tied about your treatment of this poor woman. Go back and read her post about an upgrade. She was not complaining, she was making an observation about the comment of another person on her cruise. Our cruise. Shame on you.

I would love to post some helpful comments in answer to people that are new to Regent, but I am afraid that my skin is not thick enough for this group. Then again, perhaps a kinder, gentler poster is just what this forum needs for a change.

This thread is absolutely unbelievable...

The OP simply expressed some displeasure and again simply asked for the email addresses of the Execs.

All that was required were the addresses if anyone knew them.

What is all this psychoanalysis about.

Either answer the OP. perhaps say, sorry to hear that, but in any event, what is there for anyone to go into pages of diatribe while criticizing the OP and now criticizing each other for the inane responses.

This thread is absolutely unbelievable...

The OP simply expressed some displeasure and again simply asked for the email addresses of the Execs.

All that was required were the addresses if anyone knew them.

What is all this psychoanalysis about.

Either answer the OP. perhaps say, sorry to hear that, but in any event, what is there for anyone to go into pages of diatribe while criticizing the OP and now criticizing each other for the inane responses.

Need I say more?

>>The G.M. on board is Davor Josivovic. A lovely man, quite friendly with an open door policy.<<

I would agree with Peek-a-boo's description. he's been in the cruise business for a long time. And is very good at his job.

Jackie, Devor was the GM on our Mariner crossing in March/April.

I hope OP got her issues resolved . . . . .

Peggy

Edited by xrvlcruiser

>>The G.M. on board is Davor Josivovic. A lovely man, quite friendly with an open door policy.<<

I would agree with Peek-a-boo's description. he's been in the cruise business for a long time. And is very good at his job.

Jackie, Devor was the GM on our Mariner crossing in March/April.

I hope OP got her issues resolved . . . . .

Peggy

Thanks Peggy. Yes -- he was and we found him delightful - very easy to talk to and someone who would respond to a passengers concern. This is why I question whether the OP sat down with Davor and talked with him prior to wanting to contact the President of Regent and CEO of Prestige Cruise Holdings. In all of our Regent cruises we have not needed to escalate to that level. Any concerns we had were handled onboard.

This is the first time I have heard TedC called mean spirited. He is one of the voices of reason on the Regent board. I certainly understand why he would want to know if her problem(s) were resolved by emailing Kunai Kamlani and FDR. Even if she did not wish to go into detail, a "thank you" would have been nice.

Regulars on the Regent board do try to help posters with questions. It is typical to ask a poster to report back -- whether it be after their cruise so we can read their review or in cases like this one -- when there is a problem. It is not our right to get this information but there is certainly nothing wrong with asking.

If the OP did not receive an upgrade and wanted to escalate it -- there will not be a positive resolution. If she did not receive an upsell offer, an upgrade will not be forthcoming. If the OP is in an area that is hot and humid, it may have helped if she read CruiseCritic earlier since sailing in the Med. is not advised during the months of July or August.

Peek-a-Boo: Hope you are able to enjoy your very port intensive cruise. Try not to let this thread upset you...... IMO, it is not mean spirited. The question posted by the OP was a bit strange as the information requested is easy to obtain onboard the ship. Again, a "thank you" goes a long way -- wish she had thought of that.

Edited by Travelcat2

Davor is very approachable and easy to deal with. I would be very surprised to hear of him not being able to resolve a problem.

Peek-a-boo, I really don't read TedC's comments as being mean spirited at all. If someone posts of a serious problem and is asking for emails of the higher ups in the company, we are interested to know if it got resolved.

I'll just say one thing. The OP posted asking for emails, but hinting that something dire was happening. The fact that we've had no follow-up is a bit suspicious. I can completely understand someone wanting to be discreet about a problem, but if so, why hint at one in the first place?

Davor is very approachable and easy to deal with. I would be very surprised to hear of him not being able to resolve a problem.

Peek-a-boo, I really don't read TedC's comments as being mean spirited at all. If someone posts of a serious problem and is asking for emails of the higher ups in the company, we are interested to know if it got resolved.

Hi Rachel, I certainly do not know TedC as you do so I will take your word for it.

I based my comment on two things:

Because she did not respond right away he assumes that she is a troll.

Secondly he assumed that her problem revolves around a free upgrade.

I can assure you that both are untrue.

Thanks Peggy. Yes -- he was and we found him delightful - very easy to talk to and someone who would respond to a passengers concern. This is why I question whether the OP sat down with Davor and talked with him prior to wanting to contact the President of Regent and CEO of Prestige Cruise Holdings. In all of our Regent cruises we have not needed to escalate to that level. Any concerns we had were handled onboard.

This is the first time I have heard TedC called mean spirited. He is one of the voices of reason on the Regent board. I certainly understand why he would want to know if her problem(s) were resolved by emailing Kunai Kamlani and FDR. Even if she did not wish to go into detail, a "thank you" would have been nice.

Regulars on the Regent board do try to help posters with questions. It is typical to ask a poster to report back -- whether it be after their cruise so we can read their review or in cases like this one -- when there is a problem. It is not our right to get this information but there is certainly nothing wrong with asking.

If the OP did not receive an upgrade and wanted to escalate it -- there will not be a positive resolution. If she did not receive an upsell offer, an upgrade will not be forthcoming. If the OP is in an area that is hot and humid, it may have helped if she read CruiseCritic earlier since sailing in the Med. is not advised during the months of July or August.

Peek-a-Boo: Hope you are able to enjoy your very port intensive cruise. Try not to let this thread upset you...... IMO, it is not mean spirited. The question posted by the OP was a bit strange as the information requested is easy to obtain onboard the ship. Again, a "thank you" goes a long way -- wish she had thought of that.

Yes, I guess I have let this thread upset me because I know what is going on and I have sympathy for the OP. It is not my place to reveal the circumstances, but I am sure that if you did know the reason you would all understand.

Yes, I guess I have let this thread upset me because I know what is going on and I have sympathy for the OP. It is not my place to reveal the circumstances, but I am sure that if you did know the reason you would all understand.

What ever the actual issue is, it is certainly not our business (though inquiring minds are of course curious). I think we would just like someone (the OP?) to drop by and let us know that the issue that started on day 1 of the cruise has been resolved and the OP is having a wonderful time!

Since the OP posted she has not been back and I think some on this board who had so promptly provided the info she requested are just a bit disappointed!

Thank you for your response. Your explanation is appreciated ! I do hope that her issue is resolved to her satisfaction.

Edited by Travelcat2

• 2 years later...

I booked this trip because of the website advertising promotion... 2 FREE AT SEA Online Promotions for a Mini-Suite to expire on January 31, 2016.

We booked this trip on January 31, 2016 but were told that we did not book 30 days in advance and were not entitled to this promotion because it was for Valentine's Day I booked it begrudgingly.

This is my first experience with Norwegian Cruise Lines...and yet the promotion was still being advertised and the 30 day period was WAIVED 3 days later...so had I booked this trip on February 3 I would get the Promotion.

I booked DIRECT to NCL and NOT through a third party.

I called my Personal Cruise Consultant Anthony Edwards who was pleasant and acknowledged that we should be entitled to the promotion but the only way to get it would be to cancel and rebook. This would result in an $1800 penalty out of $2093 total cost of the trip.

He spoke to his supervisor and I also spoke to Crisol No. 25481 another supervisor who repeated the same answer.

I then called the Executive Desk at the corporate office and also could not rectify this missing out on 2 valuable promotions for 3 days when the policy was changed.

Please review this and tell me if you think I was treated fairly?...I am very unhappy and need your help.

I absolutely should be entitled to your advertised promotion.

Wow -- that is surprising. She is apparently new to CruiseCritic. Really hope she follows through and advises us of the issues. Otherwise, I would question her post.

Gnomie1 has 350 posts to her credit, mostly on this board. If anyone bothered to read her profile/past postings it is apparent she is NOT a troll. Why attack someone for a legitimate request? And why does she owe anyone an explanation?

For reasons I do not know, someone brought up the first post I ever made on CC, it is dated August 3, 2013 - I had been a long time lurker but never had any reason to post.

I was on a cruise in which our family was experiencing MAJOR problems and I was looking for a way fast way to communicate with Florida based management.

I had many other things to worry about on that cruise so I never got back on CC, but I was not a troll.

For those who want to know what the problem was - the previous year we had taken the boys to Alaska and they were active participants in the Mariner Club program, which was a fantastic program. The boys loved it and made new friends who they are still in contact with today. We were expecting the same on that cruise and was extremely disappointed. Not to go into all the details, but Regent thought that putting 12 and 14 year old boys in the same program as 5 year old children was acceptable. When I complained about this, the CD told me that the boys were lying and this was not the case, and yet when we were able to prove that the boys were telling the truth, the CD not only refused to apologize for her misstatement, they then seemed to go out of the way to find fault with the children, esp one of the boys who was "monopolizing" the chess board who happens to be a rated chess champion and was teaching and playing with other passengers and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. All we kept hearing was "rules, rules, rules" which were being very selectively enforced. For some reason, on the same cruise, they were unable to re-enforce the dress code in CR because we were told they did not want to upset passengers. I know that everyone thinks the kids in their family are wonderful and never do anything wrong - however, these kids are extremely well behaved (even today, when we are in the CR and sharing a table with others someone on the wait staff will being up the boys and their proper behavior and manners) and would never do anything to disappoint their grandmother - they adore and respect her and know that if they ever misbehaved, that would be the end of traveling with Oma.

gnomie :) Edited by gnomie1