Question for Copper 10-8

solocanadian

We know the Prinsendam will be dry docked for stabilizer repairs between 14 and 20 October. Do you know where the work will be done? We were originally scheduled to board her on 14 Oct; will now board on the 20th.

My understanding, one of the dry-docks near Piraeus, Greece but I'll try to get that confirmed for you

Thanks for serving! Go Navy!:)

Given the situation of what looks like impending bombing attacks on Syria, what do YOU think HAL will do about its Holy Land cruise on Rotterdam 10/31?

I know it is prob too early, but when and what do you THINK might happen?

Substitute other ports and if so, would they refund if it has NO Holy Land ports any longer? I know they can change ports as needed, but just wondering since Cairo and Port Said have already been dropped for Limassol and Ephesus, where else could we go if Haifa and Ashdod have to be dropped?

Just wondering if they might refund or at least give that choice if the ship still sails but with such a different itinerary?

I am just asking for your opinion - I realize you cannot tell me anything for sure:)

Given the situation of what looks like impending bombing attacks on Syria, what do YOU think HAL will do about its Holy Land cruise on Rotterdam 10/31?

I know it is prob too early, but when and what do you THINK might happen?

Substitute other ports and if so, would they refund if it has NO Holy Land ports any longer? I know they can change ports as needed, but just wondering since Cairo and Port Said have already been dropped for Limassol and Ephesus, where else could we go if Haifa and Ashdod have to be dropped?

Just wondering if they might refund or at least give that choice if the ship still sails but with such a different itinerary?

I am just asking for your opinion - I realize you cannot tell me anything for sure:)

Sorry Luv2cruise; I can only tell you that HAL will not send their ships, passengers and crew into harm's way if hostilities were to break out over the sad situation in Syria. I'm not privy to any decisions made in Seattle as to potential substitute ports, potential refunds/compensation, etc. If that were to happen if/when the situation in the Eastern Med deteriorates any further, those are all decisions made above my pay grade. Hope you understand

Can you tell me the officers on Oosterdam Nov24 for the 28 day Cruise. Thanks

Capt - Henk Draper

HD - Robert Versteeg

GRM - "Jigg" Macatangay

CD - Michael Headla

Echef - Robert Steel

DRM - Andrie Hikmat

EHK - Manish Lopes

Always subject to change/enjoy your voyage on OSDM:)

Hi John. I forgot how long ago I asked so I'm not sure if it's still too soon to ask again or not, but would you happen to know who's on board the Noordam for the 1/27/14 Southern Caribbean cruise? In addition to your usual personnel listing, I'm also interested in the DJ and the piano bar person.

Hi Elycelynne & Carol

Not al the pieces of the puzzle are in for those dates yet. Usually 2-3 months before work best

Thanks John. Would you at least happen to know the identity of the CD for those dates yet, or is it too early for that as well?

Capt. - Jonathan Mercer

HD - Henk Mensink

CD - unk. joining on 9/6

GRM - Christel Mensink

DRM - Thomas Grindlay

EHK - Shiv Charan

Echef - Ed Sayomac

I give Captain Jonathan Mercer a very good rating!

Edited by Himself

Ok, I'm getting really confused now! Could you post the positions for the Sept. 20 Amsterdam Asia-Pacific again? I'm not sure I saw it on any of the previous pages. Sorry if I just missed it somewhere.

Also, one of our favorite captains is Christopher Turner. Last I knew he was on the Zuiderdam but I don't know if he's going to stay on that ship this Caibbean season or not. We sailed with him twice on the Prinsendam and he was a delight. Do you know his schedule for the next few months?

Hi John - is Henricus Harimurti still working and if so what ship ... heard some rumours he was going to retire. We celebrated his 40 Anniversary with HAL on the Rotterdam in early 2012 ... Thanks

We sailed with the outstanding, wonderful Henricus about a year and a half ago and he told us it was one of his last cruises. We were happy for him after such a long, successful career he was going to retire.

Hi John - is Henricus Harimurti still working and if so what ship ... heard some rumours he was going to retire. We celebrated his 40 Anniversary with HAL on the Rotterdam in early 2012 ... Thanks

DRM Henricus Harimurti last worked on Volendam until 04 FEB 2013. Haven't seen his name since so, I'm thinking, he's leading the retired man's life in his native Indonesia:)

Ok, I'm getting really confused now! Could you post the positions for the Sept. 20 Amsterdam Asia-Pacific again? I'm not sure I saw it on any of the previous pages. Sorry if I just missed it somewhere.

Also, one of our favorite captains is Christopher Turner. Last I knew he was on the Zuiderdam but I don't know if he's going to stay on that ship this Caibbean season or not. We sailed with him twice on the Prinsendam and he was a delight. Do you know his schedule for the next few months?

Capt - Fred Eversen

HD - Henk Mensink

GRM - Christel Osterholt

CD - Gene Young

DRM - Thomas Grindlay

EChef - Ed Sayomac

EHK - Shiv Charan

Capt. Chris Turner just left ZUDM last month. He'll be back next month

DRM Henricus Harimurti last worked on Volendam until 04 FEB 2013. Haven't seen his name since so, I'm thinking, he's leading the retired man's life in his native Indonesia:)

Thanks John - hope he is enjoying his retirement he did a fantastic job for HAL ...one of the reasons we enjoy HAL so much. :):)