Corkage fees for wine brought Onboard

sjnyc323

Not another wine corkage fee thread there are already 2 today and 100's over the last months. This is nothing new added to any wine corkage discussion.

.....but now there is written proof!

:rolleyes:

wasiii

.....but now there is written proof!

:rolleyes:

wasiii

Been shown before and is in writing on their website, how many unending wine corkage fee threads do we need? Almost as trivial as the endless Chair Hog threads. :p:(:mad: Lets discuss important things and not waste everyone's time.

Been shown before and is in writing on their website, how many unending wine corkage fee threads do we need? Almost as trivial as the endless Chair Hog threads. :p:(:mad: Lets discuss important things and not waste everyone's time.

It is obviously important to others as evidenced by the number of threads. If you wish to discuss what is important to you feel free to start a thread of your own. The subject is clearly stated in the title of the thread, so if you are not interested, just move on.

This information was published by NCL more than two (2) years ago. Why do we need to publish it again today?

And why was it even posted? Or posted without comment?

(I have a relative that sends me links to things all the time with ZERO comment - I no longer open them as it may be a virus, etc)

What's more important than wine?! :D

It is obviously important to others as evidenced by the number of threads. If you wish to discuss what is important to you feel free to start a thread of your own. The subject is clearly stated in the title of the thread, so if you are not interested, just move on.

Agreed! Why would anyone even open the thread and then take the time to comment on it, if tired of them???? Just skip it..... And contrary to popular belief, just because there may be other threads, it has been my experience that the "searches" often don't turn up what you are looking for. If I see threads that don't interest me, I just move along......:confused:

Obviously you missed my point. In the last 2 days three threads have been started asking about wine brought aboard and corkage fees. This should have been posted on one of the other recent already opened threads. This is not new information that hasn't already been posted, is earth shattering or discussed to death. It seems like almost every day a new thread is opened about the same subject. All anyone has to do is use the search function to find out about NCL wine corkage fee policies. Put this subject up there with the endless smoking and chair hogs threads and we can all move on.

Agreed! Why would anyone even open the thread and then take the time to comment on it, if tired of them???? Just skip it..... And contrary to popular belief, just because there may be other threads, it has been my experience that the "searches" often don't turn up what you are looking for. If I see threads that don't interest me, I just move along......:confused:

Totally agree! And I did learn that wine sent by family or TAs incurr the same corkage fee, something I had not gleaned from the "other" wine threads.

Thanks, Suzanne.

Before you get critical of anyone opening this thread you may want to know why. I assumed that maybe this thread had some new information about NCL and corkage fees only to find this is the same old information that has been rehashed 100's of times in the last few months. On the first page earlier today their were two other threads on this subject, doesn't take much of a search to find them.

Obviously you missed my point. In the last 2 days three threads have been started asking about wine brought aboard and corkage fees. This should have been posted on one of the other recent already opened threads. This is not new information that hasn't already been posted, is earth shattering or discussed to death. It seems like almost every day a new thread is opened about the same subject. All anyone has to do is use the search function to find out about NCL wine corkage fee policies. Put this subject up there with the endless smoking and chair hogs threads and we can all move on.

Just for fun I used the search window for wine corkage fees on NCL. The first window brought up a thread from 2008. I reviewed the first 3 threads listed. None of them listed ALL the info presented in this OP's post. How many threads must one peruse and how many hours on the task must one spend to find the info here in this one succinct post?

Many will find it very helpful.

Totally agree! And I did learn that wine sent by family or TAs incurr the same corkage fee, something I had not gleaned from the "other" wine threads.

Thanks, Suzanne.

Wrong

Assuming the wine from family or TA's is purchased from NCL - there is no corkage fee.

Thanks, Suzanne.

Never mind mis-read the post

Edited by LAFFNVEGAS

I stated that wine "sent" directly to the ship by family and TAs incur the same fees. As stated in NCL's policy.

I wonder how often anyone sending wine to a passenger on any cruise ship would purchase it from a 3rd party and have it delivered to the ship.

How about you just not bother opening threads that are CLEARLY marked concerning corkage fees? You don't like them, don't READ them. Pretty simple rule to follow.

And why was it even posted? Or posted without comment?

(I have a relative that sends me links to things all the time with ZERO comment - I no longer open them as it may be a virus, etc)

If you can no longer open those emails from your relative, I suggest you do the same with threads like this. Don't want to read it, don't open it. As mentioned just above, very simply rule.