Grandeur of the seas.

Cabin 4067 - near centrum

Pros

Check in was 10 minutes tops!

We were gold status, they were EXTRA NICE

food was better than last year on Oasis

Ship looked pretty good from just being restored from a fire

Tablemates were awesome

The meet and mingle was fun, the slot pull was great, and we made money! YEAH!

Cruise critic people won the QUEST

I did NOt compete in the quest

Room attendant did some awesome Towel animals.'

Hung out with great people from cruise critic

WON trivia with people from cruise critic,

Hung out in solarium with people from cruise critic

Talked to people from cruise critic every day

hooked up on facebook and email with my friends from cruise critic, and my table mates.

Bermuda was hot, but gorgeous.

Cons

lots of smell of sewer issues, especially on our deck, deck 4

Solarium roof is not automatically open, and you have to raise heck to get it open. After 2 days of complaining, it stayed open, and we got free drinks ( not intended)

Bathrooms and staterooms could have been cleaned better

Public restrooms were always having flushing problems, as were we in our state room. We had to use the shower head to fill up the toilet to flush.

Room attendant was hard to track down

People were saving pool chairs all over the place... which seems like a small thing, but seriously, if you cant get up at 6:30 to sit in a chair, dont save it. I told a few people to go ahead and sit at chairs, that had SAVED towels. RC needs to monitor this whole saving chairs thing, a bit better. On Oasis they were on top of it, here not so much.

IZUMI was ok, but not GREAT

#1 problem was sewer and solarium, other than that, great cruise. Feel free to email me with any questions. DebbieMaydak@gmail.com

Can't I just ask my question here? ;)

Were all areas accessible? I'm talking about the fire/smoke damaged areas.

Thanks.

I didnt really go look, I dont even recall what areas were damaged. Viking was accessible, south pacific lounge was accessible as well. Only reason I put email is cause I dont check here every day.

I was also surprised to hear of the sewer smell I had thought they got that issue fixed. well glad that I went up to the 8th floor I was on the 3rd where also they was having problems....

some people smelled it, some didnt, all Im saying is it was evident to me, on the 4th deck, and others. Like I said, I had to use the SHOWER head to fill up the toilet with water, to flush, EVERY TIME.

I was also surprised to hear of the sewer smell I had thought they got that issue fixed. well glad that I went up to the 8th floor I was on the 3rd where also they was having problems....

Thanks for your comments about your cruise. I'm not happy to learn there are still sewage smells/issues on Deck 4. We're on Grandeur in 2 weeks, in cabin 4072, and our friends are in the same cabin you were in. They will not be happy to hear about the flushing problems. I really thought all these issues were resolved. Oh well, keeping our fingers crossed for non-smelly hallways, and flushing toilets:eek:;)

p.s. Sounds like you had an awesome Roll Call group!

some people smelled it, some didnt, all Im saying is it was evident to me, on the 4th deck, and others. Like I said, I had to use the SHOWER head to fill up the toilet with water, to flush, EVERY TIME.

The toilets are suction type and aren't supposed to be filled with water.

All I can say is bring a glade plugin. We had a glade thing sitting on our sink and it seemed to help. the hallway was a different story, and the bathrooms near the solarium turned into porta pottys at one point and shut down for a few hours.

Thanks for your comments about your cruise. I'm not happy to learn there are still sewage smells/issues on Deck 4. We're on Grandeur in 2 weeks, in cabin 4072, and our friends are in the same cabin you were in. They will not be happy to hear about the flushing problems. I really thought all these issues were resolved. Oh well, keeping our fingers crossed for non-smelly hallways, and flushing toilets:eek:;)

YES having a good roll call group is good, but the fact that the ship was smaller, and you could find them, was even better. I highly recommend doing the meet and mingle, but also do the SLOT PULL, and pick a place to hang out one night aside from the meet and mingle.

Grandeur of the seas.

Solarium roof is not automatically open, and you have to raise heck to get it open. After 2 days of complaining, it stayed open, and we got free drinks ( not intended)

DebbieMaydak@gmail.com

I'd like to know more about the Free Drinks? Was this 1 drink? or all week? And just because they did not open the Solarium? :confused:

There were 6 of us, complaining about it being like a sauna in the solarium, and the lady taking our info, asked if we were crown and anchor and we said yes. Next thing we know, some dude said we get a round of free drinks cause we were so stinking hot and they wouldnt open the solarium. Finally after an hour or so of complaints from VARIOUS people on the ship, they opened the solarium. Alcohol plus solarium = DEAD people, so they opened it LOL

This doesnt mean every person who complains is gonna get a free drink. Dont get your hopes up, it was 1 drink.

I'd like to know more about the Free Drinks? Was this 1 drink? or all week? And just because they did not open the Solarium? :confused:

Hoping you have an "odor-free" cruise experience. :) I know this topic has been a concern for quite a while. I was on deck three mid ship in May, and I can honestly say I smelled nothing anywhere throughout the cruise. Thought the problem was resolved, but maybe it is an intermittent issue. :confused:

The toilets are suction type and aren't supposed to be filled with water.

We had some toilet flushing problems on Radiance a few years ago, and every time I called Maintenance, they were there within minutes, and were able to fix the problem from the hallway access. It happened a few time over the course of our 10-night cruise.

Hoping you have an "odor-free" cruise experience. :) I know this topic has been a concern for quite a while. I was on deck three mid ship in May, and I can honestly say I smelled nothing anywhere throughout the cruise. Thought the problem was resolved, but maybe it is an intermittent issue. :confused:

Thanks! I also thought these problems were resolved months ago:(

I've been on several cruises, different lines, in which crew resisted requests to open a retractable pool deck roof. Glad to hear they opened the Solarium roof for you.

I also like when the retractable roof is opened. Hopefully they will open it if enough people request it.

We've been on ships with the retractable roof. There have been times where it should have been opened, ... or closed.

When we asked about it, we were at sea, we were told that they can't be opened/closed while the ship was moving.

We've been on ships with the retractable roof. There have been times where it should have been opened, ... or closed.

When we asked about it, we were at sea, we were told that they can't be opened/closed while the ship was moving.

Very interesting, I did not know that.

How else should i flush #2 if it sticks to the middle, where there is no water and no water comes out to flush it? 0-o LOL Please advise
Sorry I can't help but chuckle here....Well flush again for one, and as a previous post pointed out the toilets are suction type and are not supposed to be filled with water. :) Happy cruising.

the last 3 days they had it opened, probably cause they knew were gonna ask for it to be opened. If you have a retractable roof, OPEN IT! The very last cruise day it wasnt windy, and it was over cast, and it was open, it was PERFECT. Believe me, at least 10-12 people a day would ask for it to be opened. One woman asked me, so you got it open, how do you get them to close it? :) It made no sense for it to be THAT hot, and not open it. Their reason was it would be hotter if they opened it LOL Worst answer ever! Just keep asking.

Look, I cant help where my #2 lands in the toilet, and if its not in the correct spot for suction ok? :) You gotta do what you gotta do.

Sorry I can't help but chuckle here....Well flush again for one, and as a previous post pointed out the toilets are suction type and are not supposed to be filled with water. :) Happy cruising.

My wife and I were on the July 19 sailing out of Baltimore. There was only 1 day that I smelled a foul, sewage type odor - and it was localized to one area and was not present long. Sorry, can't remember the location.

I have experienced this smell on many other ships, and they are always limited in nature. Most likely caused by someone flushing something down the toilet that wasn't intended to be flushed - causing maintenance to unclog the drain, thus - causing an odor.

The toilets are a "Vacu Flush" system, much like toilets on smaller boats. I don't believe "flushing" is the problem here. It may have to do with the shape of the toilet bowl and it's spatial relation to the toilet seat. You will most likely encounter "skid marks" in the toilet bowl after flushing. Flushing alone a second time will not solve the problem. Unfortunately, you will most likely have to use the toilet bowl brush to clean the area into the water - and flush a second time.

I washed my hands a lot on this cruise.

I would not let either of these things deter me from cruising on the Grandeur. As a matter of fact, we will be back on the Grandeur this December for Christmas and new Year's Eve.

- Doc

I would not let either of these things deter me from cruising on the Grandeur. As a matter of fact, we will be back on the Grandeur this December for Christmas and new Year's Eve.

- Doc

Me either. We're booked for Nov. :D Really looking forward to it.

Archived