Cruise Shoes

Samanthamelody3

I haven't seen a thread about this yet.

When I am cruising (say hot itinerary), I choose a paid of wedge Guess flip flops for on deck. I usually wear a cream or black pair of heels in the MDR.

What are your thoughts on footwear for cruising?

I know my grandmother refuses to wear anything with heels/wedges etc as she has one bad foot and is painful to wear anything tight. She generally wears Crocs or running shoes and has not yet been hassled in MDR for this.

Has anyone experienced problems with their footwear in the MDR?

I haven't seen a thread about this yet.

When I am cruising (say hot itinerary), I choose a paid of wedge Guess flip flops for on deck. I usually wear a cream or black pair of heels in the MDR.

What are your thoughts on footwear for cruising?

I know my grandmother refuses to wear anything with heels/wedges etc as she has one bad foot and is painful to wear anything tight. She generally wears Crocs or running shoes and has not yet been hassled in MDR for this.

Has anyone experienced problems with their footwear in the MDR?

I love another shoe person.:p I would never wear heels on board..too many stairs etc.. Crocs and running shoes are fine. There are also many other shoes with rubber soles which might look better in the MDR at night...look at Naturalizer, Easy Spirit etc..no one will hassle you about footwear..only the lack thereof but it is fun to have choices. I take a pair of pretty flats for evening, running shoes or something similar for the rest of the time. Shoes take up a lot of room in your suitcase. I wear slip on Naturalizer Mary Janes on the plane and pack the other two pairs. Of course, you can always buy some while traveling! Be sure to have comfortable shoes for excursions! Suggest running shoes.

Have fun

Ann

I have Birkenstock Mayaris in 3 different colors: black patent, silver metallic and now also in a black floral print (not 'cause I needed more, just 'cause I wanted them). Along with a pair of formal sandals worn on on formal nights, that's all I wear on the ship for meals, activities, etc.

Obviously, I value comfort way more than style. ;-)

Honestly, I think dining room management would be fine with any shoe choice. They know they're dealing with older passengers with foot comfort issues.

On board during the day I wear more of a flat shoe/sandal. In the evening I do wear high heels or wedges. Shoes are for comfort onboard. Unless you encounter rough seas,(when you'd stay in flats) wear what you would at home for the various activiites/events. No big deal.

On shore excursions, I wear either walking shoes or Teva-like sandals. Onboard the ship, I wear comfortable sandals (adjustable since my feet swell in hot weather), and dressier (but low heeled) sandals for dinner. I've found that shoes are personal and only the wearer cares what they're wearing. I never notice shoes.

Don't look down on Crocs until you have reviewed their website. there are a lot of stylish Crocs, colorful, looking nothing like the originals. I wear the Crocs Patricia Wedge around the ship and sightseeing in warm weather. I also love the A-Leigh wedge sandals, have them in two colors. Extremely comfortable and not clunky looking. EM

Love my croc Patricia wedge sandals. Have in basic colors. Also more flat Sanrah crocs in bright colors for summer.

For serious walking , athletic shoes, Sketchers Go walks, or a great support sport sandal. Dress flats in black and creme, no more heels for me.

Another fan of Skechers GoWalks here. One of THE MOST comfortable shoes I have ever owned! I also bring my Switch Flops flip flops and wedges along with a bunch of the interchangeable straps to match my outfits.

Another fan of Skechers GoWalks here. One of THE MOST comfortable shoes I have ever owned! I also bring my Switch Flops flip flops and wedges along with a bunch of the interchangeable straps to match my outfits.

Based upon your feelings I just ordered a pair of guys go walk slip ons. Hope I'll be as pleased with them as you are.

The only time the shoes MAY BE important is if you take a professional photo that will later show the shoes to everybody who'll see the photo. Even then you can ask to cut off the photo not to show the shoes.

I bring only broken in, dependable shoes, never new, shoes or sandals depending on the weather, and my rule is 2 pairs for the first week (never just one pair), add 1 pair per week for longer vacations.

Have you ever checked out OneSole shoes ? Read about them on another thread and they are fantastic for the ship. Our Costoco has them off and on as part of what they call a road show and prices are very good. Check the OneSole site for dates for Costco. Not sure I would tour all day in them , but 6 pairs of shoes in 1 bag is a lot of fun !

Lea

I bring a pair of running shoes for shore excursions, sandals for the beach, small heels for the MDR and a pair of fast flats (the foldable slipperish shoes) for when I don't want to wear heels. They are so comfortable, it feels like I'm walking bare foot on the deck. I have to frequently check to make sure they're still on my feet ;).

Another fan of Crocs here; Patricia. I have them in brown, black, navy and tan. They serve me well; on cruises and off. As a Floridian I wear these every day; with shorts, with pants, with jeans, with skirts. With everything. They weigh next to nothing, so wonderful when you have weight limitations for your suitcase.

For a cruise, all I add is one pair of heels and my sneakers.

Whatever shoes you bring make certain that your deck pair has traction on wet decks.

This is an excellent point! I live at the beach and flip flops or slip on sandals are all I wear in the spring, summer and fall. I have walked out onto the pool deck a number of times when it was wet and slipped! I make sure that I bring whichever sandals have the "newest" tread and not the ones that have been worn smooth. :)

I have FlipFlops for most days around the ship, or shore too in hot weather. So comfortable and extra exercise to the legs with all the walking round the ship. I have heels for formal and sandals for other evenings.

I am afraid I am guilty of taking lots of shoes of different kinds. Usually end up wearing the same few pairs though - never learn:rolleyes:.

These are fast becoming my favorite travel/walk about town shoes. Comfortable, easy, not overly athletic but they don't look terrible with nice pants and longer skirts.

http://www.skechers.com/style/21571/bikers-step-up/bbk

These are what I have been wearing to the beach, pool, or on hiking/water adventures where you might need water shoes. I like the Teva looks and styles better, but they don't seem to fit my foot at well.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/product/shoes/women/waterfront/whisper

And then I take a pair of black dress sandals for formal nights. That's it. Three pairs of shoes is my max.

Now, I know I am not the most stylish person, but I've never looked at someone's shoes on a cruise and gone, "Wow! I can't believe they are wearing those with that outfit." I say, wear what is comfortable, easy to pack, and requires the least amount of shoes to bring. I do!

Archived