Hair cut for ladies

If you can have it cut before you go, I would recommend it...

I've had two friends that have gotten cuts onboard a ship... one got a cut without any style (she left with wet hair) and that was something like $42. The other got a cut and style and spent around $74.

It was much more expensive than what I spend at my local Aveda Salon, which is one of the most expensive places to get your hair done in my area.

I have the full price list right here. Wife uses the spa most every cruise

A shampoo, cut and style dry is from 59.00 . The reason it says from is because its more if your hair is real long.

This is from Indy

They add 15% tip, called a service charge

Does anyone know how much it costs for a lady`s haircut. We will be on the Rhapsody of the Seas.

You are braver (or something-er) than I am.

I would NEVER let a strange person cut my hair.

The very thought of my current hairdresser leaving or retiring fills me with stygian dread!

You are braver (or something-er) than I am.

I would NEVER let a strange person cut my hair.

The very thought of my current hairdresser leaving or retiring fills me with stygian dread!

I know how you feel, but I'm stuck if I go on any cruise(s) longer than 4 weeks, because my hair is short and clippered #5 in the back and sides. I went for 4 weeks this past April and returned home with my head looking like it had been spun dried in a clothes dryer. I get "fluffy" looking as my hair grows out. It's genetic: my youngest son looks like a koosh ball when his hair grows out, too.

I feel sorry for you having to pay about $70 dollars onboard the ship. An alternative would be to get it cut in one of the ports. If you go to your roll call you might find someone who knows a reliable spot. You take a chance either way.

Depends on where you live. I don't remember exactly how much I paid but I have had great cuts on Majesty, Independence, Navigator and Freedom all for basically what I pay here in Massachusetts. I have always said my best haircuts are cruise haircuts :-)

Depends on where you live. I don't remember exactly how much I paid but I have had great cuts on Majesty, Independence, Navigator and Freedom all for basically what I pay here in Massachusetts. I have always said my best haircuts are cruise haircuts :-)

I've had the same experience - best haircut of my life on a Celebrity cruise some years ago. Wanted to take the gal home with me. However, I guess as with land-based salons, YMMV. I pay $60 (plus tips to the stylist and shampoo girl) at a local salon for a cut and blow dry and it's not even considered a high end salon.

it is for my aunt. she usually gets her hair cut every 4 - 5 weeks. we will be on the Rhapsody to Hawaii Sep 6 - 22 and her hair dresser will cut her hair next week (then she goes on vacation), but my aunt will need to get her hair cut while we are on the cruise. maybe we can find somewhere when we hit the first or second port in hawaii

Does anyone know how much it costs for a lady`s haircut. We will be on the Rhapsody of the Seas.

I had to get mine cut on the Adventure at the end of March as my usual stylist couldn't fit me it before we went. My hair is short and not complicated to cut. It cost $86 plus the 15% service charge and that was without any products such as mousse or spray. Cut was OK, but certainly not worth the money, and my main bugbear was that constantly tried to push extra products on me. I won't be returning:(

Archived