Crown & anchor society members

We've never gone, what is it like, drinks and social hour?

Usually some fixed set of drinks, like champagne, rum punch, house wine. Maybe some snacks, varies by ship. Talks by the Captain and Loyalty Ambassador. Live music.

Is it true that theres some type of welcome back party for crown and anchor society members ? If so how do you know where it is on the ship?

Some ships no longer have the welcome back party. There is however a party for the "upper tier" people, platinum and above which is by invitation only. On the Oasis and Allure they do let everyone come, but I don't know if invitations are given to gold members. But usually the party is printed in the Compass.

I'm sure I'll be on the hot seat for my opinion, but...To be honest, we've attended a couple of these events, and we've found them to be just blah. I'm not sure what attracts people, other than free booze. We're Diamond and this is NOT the reason we continue to choose Royal Caribbean. It seems to appeal to a lot of people, so it's subjective. I'd rather have a bigger discount as recognition of my loyalty or they can save on the free booze and give me a coupon for a free drink of my choice. Like I said, some passengers love it.

Depending on the ship and how many C&A members are on board the parties will vary greatly. As mentioned there are usually two parties, one for all C&A members and one for Platinum and up.

On our Allure sailing the "all C&A member" party was held in the morning at the aquatheater with bloody mary's, mimosas, etc and the oceanaria cast did a special show along with the standard talks by the crew and loyalty ambassador.

By far the best party we attended was the upper tier on our Navigator cruise on the med. There were less than 50 members on board, and we had a nice sail away from one of the islands up on the peek a boo deck with lots of great finger foods and drinks.

I don't plan my day around these parties but if it works out that we can go we do. If it is a dud we just leave.

I'm sure I'll be on the hot seat for my opinion, but...To be honest, we've attended a couple of these events, and we've found them to be just blah. I'm not sure what attracts people, other than free booze. We're Diamond and this is NOT the reason we continue to choose Royal Caribbean. It seems to appeal to a lot of people, so it's subjective. I'd rather have a bigger discount as recognition of my loyalty or they can save on the free booze and give me a coupon for a free drink of my choice. Like I said, some passengers love it.

The party is not a big deal to me either, although I like to listen to the Captain and the LA to hear what they have to say about upcoming RCI news.

I don't plan my day around these parties but if it works out that we can go we do. If it is a dud we just leave.

My feelings exactly.

Archived