Grand Princess E 719 mini suite

sonnenschein

I could have sworn that I booked mini E723 which was available when I booked the Hawaiien cruise out of S.F for Nov.10. Trusting my long time great agent I did not check the invoice until today and to my surprise there it is in black and white E719. Now this is the first mini suite sticking out from the side of the ship aft. Pam from Ca. was kind enough to send me a great picture of this location but I believe when I ask her about wind on the balcony I was referring to E723. Unfortunally I can't find her answer anymore and now I am wondering all over again about the wind situation since there is no balcony in front of me to shelter us,but ther is the divider.Pam if you read this could you help me out with your knowledge one more time,or if anyone else stayed in this cabin I would appreciate some advise. Thanks for any help that is given to me. Maybe I am just confused and don't remember anymore the cabin number I booked,darn I want to be young again LOL :p Gloria:)

I could have sworn that I booked mini E723 which was available when I booked the Hawaiien cruise out of S.F for Nov.10. Trusting my long time great agent I did not check the invoice until today and to my surprise there it is in black and white E719. Now this is the first mini suite sticking out from the side of the ship aft. Pam from Ca. was kind enough to send me a great picture of this location but I believe when I ask her about wind on the balcony I was referring to E723. Unfortunally I can't find her answer anymore and now I am wondering all over again about the wind situation since there is no balcony in front of me to shelter us,but ther is the divider.Pam if you read this could you help me out with your knowledge one more time,or if anyone else stayed in this cabin I would appreciate some advise. Thanks for any help that is given to me. Maybe I am just confused and don't remember anymore the cabin number I booked,darn I want to be young again LOL :p Gloria:)

No need to worry about being on the first mini suite on the Emerald deck. There is a partition on both sides of the balcony that will prevent the wind from getting out of hand.

ADminisuite2.jpg

Thank you Dforeigner,me foreigner too:rolleyes:, anyway thank you for your reply,I knew I could count for an answer at the CC forum. Still could swear I booked E723, right now I am just happy I have one of the COVERED mini's,getting to old to get fried on Dolphin deck:cool:

• 5 months later...

November crossing pacific will be cold. Only warm days are when you are in Hawaii. I've done it 3 times and was surprised the warmest days were only 4 when we were in the islands

We cruise in one of the aft Vista suites and have never heard any noise. We have E733 booked for our next two cruises on the Golden and had it last Nov as well. There have been a couple of posts on here saying that you could feel a bit of bass vibration through the floor of the cabins on the port side as they are right above the stage. There are speakers mounted to the ceiling of the Vista lounge on that side as well. No one has said that it was a serious problem though.

Sorry - I am new to the whole thread thing. Thanks for the input on Emerald Deck Mini Suites - I am currently booked on the Port Side only because the itinerary is more Port. But as you say the stage and all is on that side. May have to reconsider. I am going with my parents so don't expect to be out too late. Looking forward to this cruise - First time that the ship is going to La Paz and Loreto, Baja Cali Sur. My first Mexico cruise beyond the typical Ensenada thing.:)

• 2 weeks later...

The only time they may raise or lower it is if it is needed for use as a tender at a port you can't dock at. The motors are all electric and make very little noise. If it does have to be used for other than tendering noise will be the least of your problems.

I thought this thread had long expired since I asked for advise in August and have concluded our trip last November. Since there are still cruisers interested in finding out answers about those E mini suits I tell you my experience. We were in E719 a very nice cabin,no problem with sound from the vista lounge below and close to the elevators to the Horizon Court. We are going again in March on the Grand, but this time I booked E723 for no other reason than to try a different cabin ;) next cruise I will try to get the last cabin on this deck for the extended balcony. If you love the mini's but don't want to fry in the hot sun those E deck cabins are perfect. We had a little more sea movement there than mid ship dolphin, but not enough to give us problems.

Favourite cabins are the wonderful covered mini suites on Emerald deck. So close to the aft elevators. The only problem was on the Ruby at Princess Key when they kept running the thrusters to keep the ship in the same position. Terrible vibrations everywhere aft.