Am i wrong?

Reader0108598

Emailed TA about small price drop on 8-9-13. No response, called TA today asked to hold ,hung up 20 minutes later.:rolleyes:

Emailed TA again no response, called again placed on hold.:mad:

I then called the agencies direct number and explained myself. Response was TA is a busy person :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Wow, wish I had not booked with them. Do not need my hand held but a bit of common courtesy would be nice!

Reader

I don't like using travel agents if I don't have too. I usually do because they offer obc. I like working better with the cruise

Me too do all my own bookings but transferred for the obc. Oh well you win some you loose some. Careful booking with the sailing siblings!

I would never put up with that low level of service...especially when many other options exist. We have always used Princess directly, and we're now about to book our 26th cruise. The level of service has always been friendly, reliable and excellent in all ways. Maybe I could a grab a bit more OBC, but they're well organized and I never worry that they're gonna screw up my reservations, etc. Peace of mind in this setting is, as they say, priceless.Could never see the use for a T/A, especially one that "is too busy" to take care of my concerns. s

I would never put up with that low level of service...especially when many other options exist. We have always used Princess directly, and we're now about to book our 26th cruise. The level of service has always been friendly, reliable and excellent in all ways. Maybe I could a grab a bit more OBC, but they're well organized and I never worry that they're gonna screw up my reservations, etc. Peace of mind in this setting is, as they say, priceless.Could never see the use for a T/A, especially one that "is too busy" to take care of my concerns. s

Yes at this point screw the OBC I am just irritated that they think they can get away with this type of service!

Thank you for your thoughts :)

It is time to get a new TA if they are too busy to talk to you! It is not unreasonable to expect prompt service since that is the difference between using a TA and the cruise line agents.

I like the TA because he is the one that gets to deal with the cruise line, gets cabins we like since he knows what we want, automatically makes the choices for us (bed configuration, ATD dining, etc). I often send our TA an email when I find lowered prices and he acts on it immediately. I have a good TA who looks out after our interests. The few times I have called, he answered and I have met him in person a few times but I prefer email.

Yes at this point screw the OBC I am just irritated that they think they can get away with this type of service!

Thank you for your thoughts :)

Good luck. ANY TYPE of service industry where you are giving someone YOUR money, you should be treated right.

Without prompt response you may lose out on a lower cabin price. Just yesterday I was able to get the lower cost on two cabins previously booked saving over $350.

I prefer to deal directly with the cruise company and have a Cruise Vacation Planner that I deal with and get great response from her. I have used TAs before and while the OBC may be nice support might not be there when you need it, which I found out the hard way when hurricane IKE hit Houston/Galveston while we were on a cruise. Everything in town was shutdown for at least a week or longer. Our TA was located in Galveston and they were out of business for months.

Without prompt response you may lose out on a lower cabin price. Just yesterday I was able to get the lower cost on two cabins previously booked saving over $350.

I prefer to deal directly with the cruise company and have a Cruise Vacation Planner that I deal with and get great response from her. I have used TAs before and while the OBC may be nice support might not be there when you need it, which I found out the hard way when hurricane IKE hit Houston/Galveston while we were on a cruise. Everything in town was shutdown for at least a week or longer. Our TA was located in Galveston and they were out of business for months.

Having a TA out of contact due to a major natural disaster is not a very good reason for no longer using Travel Agents. Where in the world is a place not affected by some sort of natural disaster?

To the OP - I hope your current non-responsive TA has no monetary penalty for the loss of business, and they deserve that loss.

Our current TA always has a backup, and has answered emails even while vacationing herself in Europe! We've booked both via TA's and direct with Princess over our cruise life and there are advantages to each. More recently we have used a TA who offers slightly discounted price and sometimes an OBC, and, being retired, lower costs for cruising matters. I wish you luck in finding the booking source that fits your needs.

Having a TA out of contact due to a major natural disaster is not a very good reason for no longer using Travel Agents. Where in the world is a place not affected by some sort of natural disaster?

To the OP - I hope your current non-responsive TA has no monetary penalty for the loss of business, and they deserve that loss.

Our current TA always has a backup, and has answered emails even while vacationing herself in Europe! We've booked both via TA's and direct with Princess over our cruise life and there are advantages to each. More recently we have used a TA who offers slightly discounted price and sometimes an OBC, and, being retired, lower costs for cruising matters. I wish you luck in finding the booking source that fits your needs.[/quote

Times prince thank you for the reply:)

That is my intent since she has no time for me my money has no time for her.:)

Happy cruising all!

Thanks for all the great responses!:) Just got off the phone with princess. will transfer booking back to princess via fax tomorrow morn.:D
Good! Now, find a TA who is responsive and give you a nice discount plus OBC and other perks.

There's a misconception that you need to use a TA with a large agency in order to get a discount and perks. Definitely not true.

Thanks for all the great responses!:) Just got off the phone with princess. will transfer booking back to princess via fax tomorrow morn.:D

Reader

Just received this a few minutes ago ...wow how personal!:rolleyes:

Hi reader,

One of the girls for Customer Service will be calling you to help you with your refare.

Thanks reader!

Good! Now, find a TA who is responsive and give you a nice discount plus OBC and other perks.

There's a misconception that you need to use a TA with a large agency in order to get a discount and perks. Definitely not true.

:) Thanks Pam! feel better now that I put my money where my mouth is!

Emailed TA about small price drop on 8-9-13. No response, called TA today asked to hold ,hung up 20 minutes later.:rolleyes:

Emailed TA again no response, called again placed on hold.:mad:

I then called the agencies direct number and explained myself. Response was TA is a busy person :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Wow, wish I had not booked with them. Do not need my hand held but a bit of common courtesy would be nice!

Reader

Give the TA the flick. Obviously took busy to take the time to provide any service. I would be asking them to transfer the booking back to the cruise line as clearly they cannot manage it appropriately.

Hi reader,

One of the girls for Customer Service will be calling you to help you with your refare.

Thanks reader!

:eek:That is the worst thing I have ever read!! This travel agent gives us all a bad name! Get RID OF HER ASAP!

Reader

Hmmmmmmmmm ... I thought princess had some crazy requirement that the TA had to release the booking.

Hmmmmmmmmm ... I thought princess had some crazy requirement that the TA had to release the booking.

I first asked for a supervisor ,the nice lady who answered the phone said I can tell you are upset would you like to see if I can help. I told her what had been happening she put me on hold came back with a fax number. My booking goes back to Princess:)

Wow. Reader really makes you feel like a nonperson. I would have dropped them too. Like Pam said you do not need a large agency. I love my TA. I need to send her a gift to let her know how much I appreciate her and all the work she does for me.

Traveling psych nurse that is wonderful ,so happy you a great TA!:)

I need to keep looking, very low maintance here but would like to find a TA that does not ignore me when I email her once in 4 months...lol

Hi reader,

Thanks reader!

I would drop them like a hot potato. Other than lack of service, the statement "One of the GIRLS will be......" would really make me lose these jerks as TAs.

Archived