Would Anyone take a photo of my winning Photo on Royal Princess?

MusicalBear

Great picture. Where was it taken? You're an excellent photographer.

Thanks for the kind words.

I was lucky enough to come across these Dahl Sheep deep inside Denali National Park on our first trip to Alaska. What a great place to see wildlife where they have little fear of humans!

I submitted a coupke more and thought if any had a chance to win it was one I took of a wolf that was really close. Maybe too close and they felt it was cropped but it wasn't even though the frame was only his haead and shoulder. I liked it better in some ways but heck, I'm really happy to have any photo hanging on the Royal. Hopefully one day I'll travel on her and see it in person.

Hi gottagocit!

What a really cool picture!!! Now I know wandering the passageways of Royal Princess discovering all of the contest winners will make for a really fine morning! :D

Thanks dmwnc1959.

I'd love to do the same one day and believe it would be so cool to locate the one I actually took!

I don't know how long Princess intends to use the photos but hope its a long time and maybe I'll get onboard her one of these days to see it myself.

Thanks for the kind words.

I was lucky enough to come across these Dahl Sheep deep inside Denali National Park on our first trip to Alaska. What a great place to see wildlife where they have little fear of humans!

I submitted a coupke more and thought if any had a chance to win it was one I took of a wolf that was really close. Maybe too close and they felt it was cropped but it wasn't even though the frame was only his haead and shoulder. I liked it better in some ways but heck, I'm really happy to have any photo hanging on the Royal. Hopefully one day I'll travel on her and see it in person.

I'd like to see the wolf too. I'm with you I like tight close up pictures.

I liked it better in some ways but heck, I'm really happy to have any photo hanging on the Royal. Hopefully one day I'll travel on her and see it in person.

I don't know how long Princess intends to use the photos but hope its a long time and maybe I'll get onboard her one of these days to see it myself.

I hope you both get to see your works of art.

Was there a contest to have them on the Royal?

Thanks dmwnc1959.

I'd love to do the same one day and believe it would be so cool to locate the one I actually took!

I'm sure they'll be on there for several years at least. Seems like a nice way to honor and recognize Princess guests by displaying their amazing photographic skills along the corridors.

Maybe they'll have another '1000 Memories at Sea' contest for Regal Princess as well. They better announce something quick as she is set to come out in less that a year.

I'd like to see the wolf too. I'm with you I like tight close up pictures.

Yes there was a contest some time ago. The photo needed to be shot on a trip in conjunction with a Princess Cruise. I believe the contest ended around the spring of 2012 but can't remember exactly.

There were over 57,000 entries according to Princess.

I'll get out the storage decice the photos are stored on and attach it to this thread this weekend.

Yes there was a contest some time ago. The photo needed to be shot on a trip in conjunction with a Princess Cruise. I believe the contest ended around the spring of 2012 but can't remember exactly.

There were over 57,000 entries according to Princess.

I'll get out the storage decice the photos are stored on and attach it to this thread this weekend.

Wow 57,000 entries is huge which makes it a double congrats.

I'm looking forward to seeing the wolf.

Thanks for taking the time to look up the photo. I'd really like to see how it's framed and where exactly it's located.

One of these days I have 'gottagocit'!!! LOL

I've got the external hard drive on which I keep most of my photos out of safe storage and will pull off the one I promised and post it here.

Maybe you could all post your pictures here so we can see them.

I have included my winning photo displayed on the Royal Princess in my Cruise Critic signature below, a close up of a succulent cactus taken at 'Cacti Mundo', a cacti botanical garden in Cabo San Lucas during our Sapphire Princess cruise to Mexico in 2011.

Brian

I have included my winning photo displayed on the Royal Princess in my Cruise Critic signature below, a close up of a succulent cactus taken at 'Cacti Mundo', a cacti botanical garden in Cabo San Lucas during our Sapphire Princess cruise to Mexico in 2011.

Brian

Beautiful picture. I love the way you captured nature's design. Well done.

Wow 57,000 entries is huge which makes it a double congrats.

I'm looking forward to seeing the wolf.

Well here he is.

He must have been a little camera shy because he never slowed his pace and didn't give much time to get off a few clicks as he passed.

image.jpg.7a2d4cab49eb4a87e4daea1cbb57d938.jpg

Well here he is.

He must have been a little camera shy because he never slowed his pace and didn't give much time to get off a few clicks as he passed.

Thanks for posting. Another great shot. Looks like a dog. We visited a wolf place outside of Anchorage and I asked the dude what the difference between a wolf and a dog was. He said the only difference is that dogs are trained and tame.

Hi All

While you can guess many of places in the photos there are a few amazing places l have no idea where in the world they are its a pity there are no location details with the photos

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Hi All

While you can guess many of places in the photos there are a few amazing places l have no idea where in the world they are its a pity there are no location details with the photos

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

I agree that would be a nice addition.

I will be on the ship in December and will send you a picture of your photo. Mine is also on the ship and I will have to fine mine.

My photo is also on the Royal. I didn't win a prize, but it's exciting to think that it's displayed on the ship. The picture is on deck 12 port side forward, and I would love it if you would take a photo and send it to me. I'm not sure how to include it in this message, and I believe it's too large to add it to my signature. It's a beautiful sunset behind four huts on stilts above the water in Tahiti. My email address is mamacs at sbcglobal dot net. Thank you. -Crystabel

My photo is also on the Royal. I didn't win a prize, but it's exciting to think that it's displayed on the ship. The picture is on deck 12 port side forward, and I would love it if you would take a photo and send it to me. I'm not sure how to include it in this message, and I believe it's too large to add it to my signature. It's a beautiful sunset behind four huts on stilts above the water in Tahiti. My email address is mamacs at sbcglobal dot net. Thank you. -Crystabel

Congratulations. Even though you didn't get a prize it's still an honor to have your picture selected.

this contest was genius marketing by Princess....1000 winning photos..they get free art and photographers want to book to see their photo hanging..worked on me

I'd go to see mine. They should arrange to have the ship's photog take a picture of the people who come on board to see their pix.

Archived