New To Princess

FL LuluBelle

This is a tuff one, since your question is really wide-open. How about narrowing it to a specific cruise? i.e.: when and where are you going, and do you use ship tours, like to try chefs table, want a ship tour, have small children, enjoy formal nights, etc. Also, what type cabins to you like or how’s the entertainment and such. I’d bet you will get a lot of opinions if everyone knows what you are sorta looking for. Bottom line: I’ll bet you will like Princess.

I have gone through 27 pages of 44 "secret" pages and it is mostly All is about stock or being military. I tried to find the second "secret" page with no luck! Would someone kindly post the link? Thank you again!

That's why I don't think that thread. Instead of a bunch of "Princess secrets) it turned into a discussion thread.

Start by going to the Princess web site and downloading the "Cruise Answer Book" which will tell you much about the cruising experiene on Princess. https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/brochureRequest.page

Then go join the roll call for your cruise. You will find many helpful people and hints there and can ask questions specific to your cruise. Locate your roll call here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106

Here is some info on food.

Three main dining rooms, one for early & late seating traditional dining, the other 2 for Anytime Dining. One of the ATD rooms may be used for overflow early traditional seating. DR's open for breakfast & dinner each day and for lunch on sea days. On boarding day one DR is open from noon until around 1:30PM. Other areas with free food include: The International Cafe open 24 hours serving cont. breakfast, panini's, soup, salads, desserts for lunch and dinner, and desserts, cheese, crackers, dried fruit for late and overnight; Pizza, soft ice cream, and the Terrace Grill by the main pool, open from 11AM until 9, 10 or 11 in the evening, depending on the voyage; The Horizon Ct. Buffet open continuously from 6am until 11pm or midnight. A few times during the cruise a Pub Lunch will be served. I think on the Crown it is served in The Wheelhouse Bar, but it could be in The Crown Grill. Sushi is available at Vines, but you must order a drink. There may be a selection of "happy hour" drinks available late afternoon like 3 to 5, and between 7 and 9 in the evening. They are usually not available between 5PM & 7PM. They are not actively promoted, so you have to ask. Of course there is 24 hour room service with a limited menu, unless you are in a full suite. If you are in a full suite check out Breakfast in Sabatini's for full suite passengers only.

There are two special surcharge dining areas open for dinner, The Crown Grill, steaks and seafood, and Sabatini's Italian. The charge is $25/pp. Call for res. once on board.

Boarding, once boarded go directly to your cabin. No cabin call, your cabin will be ready.

Tipping, Princess uses the auto-tip, 11.50pp/day ($12.00 for mini and full suites) is added to your folio each evening. Strongly suggest you don't remove it. We always provide a cash tip to our room steward and others that served us, ie waiters, in addition to the auto tip at the end of the trip.

If you what to use The Sanctuary, Deck 17 fwd, an adults only lounging area, go there as soon as you board to reserve your lounger. There is a charge.

If you like a quiet pool area, try the Terrace Pool, deck 14 aft. It's adults only.

Muster Drill, Princess musters in the lounges, not outside on the open decks. If you get there 5 10 mins early you will get a seat. Carry don't wear your life jacket to the muster area. The information is located on the inside of your cabin door.

Any specific questions just ask.

I see from your signature that you've recently sailed on Carnival, NCL and RCCL. I have found that Princess is closest to the Royal Caribbean experience. The RCCL ships have more of a WOW factor then the Princess ships, which have a quieter look and feel. But I've found the general onboard experience to be very similar on both cruise lines.

Archived